MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn’t McCartin get exactly the same as what Barry Hall got for turning Staker’s lights off?
Staker missed the rest of the game and the week after didn't he? Plus Hall already had a massive reputation by then which would have factored into it.

The flip side to that though is that punching and head trauma are both supposedly taken incredibly seriously by the leagues now.

I can understand why people wanted or were expecting more than 5 weeks. Personally I'm ok with the action alone costing him the 5, considering even though it was clearly a hard hit Black played the rest of the game and apparently pulled up fine.

Staker missed the rest of the game and the week after didn't he? Plus Hall already had a massive reputation by then which would have factored into it.

The flip side to that though is that punching and head trauma are both supposedly taken incredibly seriously by the leagues now.

I can understand why people wanted or were expecting more than 5 weeks. Personally I'm ok with the action alone costing him the 5, considering even though it was clearly a hard hit Black played the rest of the game and apparently pulled up fine.

The head is sacrosanct.

When they want it to be.

Grundy copped 3 weeks down to two for his sling tackle on Ben Brown a few years back.

Video evidence of the tackle, and a medical report from North Melbourne led to the MRP finding the tackle resulted in “strong impact to the head” of Brown.

The incident was classified as a three-match sanction, however Grundy’s good record can allow him to miss two games

While I think Fritsch deserved a week, I also think the MRP got it right on this one.
Let's be honest, it's a week by week proposition.

Lycett will be the example set only to see it undone when a star player does the same thing and gets a week or less.

You know it will happen.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tarryn Thomas, North Melbourne, has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against Changkuoth Jiath, Hawthorn, during the first quarter of the Round Nine match between Hawthorn and North Melbourne, played at University of Tasmania Stadium on Saturday May 5, 2021.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Medium Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Tarryn Thomas, North Melbourne, has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against Changkuoth Jiath, Hawthorn, during the first quarter of the Round Nine match between Hawthorn and North Melbourne, played at University of Tasmania Stadium on Saturday May 5, 2021.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Medium Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.
Bailey Fridge is laughhing his arse off right now.

Anyway. This goes to tribunal. North roll out the defense statement that was made by fridge's brief and the beak sets TT free with a caution to the MRO for being such a pork knuckle and wasting the tribunal's time.

It's as easy as that.

Last edited:
There's footage after Wingards 2nd goal - 5. 55 to go in the first.

Ball in dispute. Thomas turns his body, Jiath goes with the head, Jiath knocked out. Looked similar to Selwood on Mansell last week which was rightly thrown out. Just because Thomas has a safer and better technique, he's the one who goes? The AFL would rather 2 guys go with their heads and both knock each other out? Or should they say no, Thomas attacked it appropriately and Jiath needs more duty of care for his own safety.

Jiath played out the game. No concussion?

The MRO can go and get ****ed honestly, I bet they all circle jerk each other when they see a perfect opportunity to pull something out of their asses

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Haven’t we embarrassed Christian enough.

Tuesday looks to of got a bit busier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back