SSwans2011

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, Crystal Palace
I was looking forward to Squid's new album more than black midi's, but gotta say black midi's blew me away more on first listen. Closing track was particularly stellar. That being said, Squid's album was also pretty good (albeit, singles were clearly the standout tracks IMHO).

TubbsFarquhar

Hall of Famer
Jan 18, 2009
I Don't Know
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
some Simpsons inspired doom/stoner rock from Melbourne :unsure:
if it wasnt for the album title I wouldn't have bothered but its not terrible.

For a gimmick band, they go ok. The gimmick itself doesn't overshadow the music which is very stock-standard stoner metal (not that that's a bad thing). They're certainly preferable to Okilly Dokilly (Ned Flanders metalcore band) who are all style and no substance.

PoopingHindi

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
so apparently God Is An Astronaut have been making high quality post-rock instrumentals for almost 20 years but this is my first encounter with them.
i like it.

Cubs2Lions

All Australian
Jan 12, 2021
Adelaide
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
South Adelaide
New album officially released today by Australian rock band, Crowded House, called "Dreamers are Waiting".

Main singles from the new album, include "Whatever you Want", "To The Island" & "Playing with Fire".

Very good album for anyone who likes the band or loves to listen to pop-rock/alternative music in general.

Last edited:

Roobs321

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Yeah I love it. That Out of Silence rebound for Neil is real. Froom makes a decent contribution. Neil clearly has his ear very close to ground, very contemporary without sacrificing that trop-beatles quintessence. I prefer it to Intriguer and maybe even self-titled, flows together really well. They’ll guest program rage tonight as well!

the WyW mv with DeMarco is really something special ain’t it. Good singles rollout, but album tracks are decent too. Love the sound they went for on this.

revo333

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Looking forward to hearing the new Crowded House.

To go along with new albums by Ryan Adams and John Mayer coming out in the next few months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vincent Hanna

Premium Platinum
Mar 15, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah I love it. That Out of Silence rebound for Neil is real. Froom makes a decent contribution. Neil clearly has his ear very close to ground, very contemporary without sacrificing that trop-beatles quintessence. I prefer it to Intriguer and maybe even self-titled, flows together really well. They’ll guest program rage tonight as well!

the WyW mv with DeMarco is really something special ain’t it. Good singles rollout, but album tracks are decent too. Love the sound they went for on this.
It’s very impressive although, Intriguer is a beautiful album imo. “Amsterdam” is one of their finest songs ever.

I’m hoping this new one will grow on me some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PoopingHindi

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Aquatic Flowers from Tristen is some really catchy indie pop. Worth a listen if you're into that sort of thing.

PoopingHindi

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
this was tagged as Dance Punk and Krautrock at the place I came across it, so obviously i had to listen.
quirky rhythms with weird bleeps and bloops from a bunch of guys with a tree fetish...it's a pretty fantastic album

Remove this Banner Ad