2021 Music

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that it is fully confirmed by any stretch yet by their management.......

But The Killers might be releasing their 7th studio album after last year's (Imploding the Mirage) which was probably their best since Hot Fuss/Sam's Town era so that might be a good listen for any alternative/indie/rock listeners out there. :)

You better not be lying about the Mirage one

the new Foo Fighters album is available in all disreputable record stores. from what I've heard so far I'm in no great rush to listen to it so I'll happily wait until Feb 5.

Psychedelic pr0n Crumpets have a new 5 track EP out, Pukebox. i think it's just the singles (already released except for Pukebox) from their upcoming album SHYGA! The Sunlight Mound which is also out Feb 5.

New Panopticon album in the next couple of months:

I'm hoping this will be their opus. Scars of Man was good, it had it's own Mellon Collie vibe and covered a lot of ground. Lunn's been pushing around the periphery for a while, and has managed to experiment with a few different styles but largely all their LP's pretty by the numbers and awesome in their own way, but there's a few gears to go IMO.

Would be great to see Lunn cutting back on total tracks and centring an album on a few longer songs, which seems to be the perfect template for the kind of atmospheric black metal he likes to create. Throw in a few of his bluegrass-tinged tracks in between, and bring the LP to a close over a couple of slower songs and that'd just about be the perfect combination.

A 10-track LP with a stack of 7-8 minute songs always feels like overkill. I love Roads to the North though for what it is (mainly the lengthy, heavy as * midsection), and Autumn Eternal is a very nice album too.

the new Foo Fighters album is available in all disreputable record stores. from what I've heard so far I'm in no great rush to listen to it so I'll happily wait until Feb 5.

Psychedelic pr0n Crumpets have a new 5 track EP out, Pukebox. i think it's just the singles (already released except for Pukebox) from their upcoming album SHYGA! The Sunlight Mound which is also out Feb 5.

Foo FIghters first single was terrible and heard the latest one yesterday - same ball park im afraid - the lyrics in the 2nd one are terrible and the song is just boring (and gets embarrassing towards the end when they just decide to speed the same crap up)

Foo FIghters first single was terrible and heard the latest one yesterday - same ball park im afraid - the lyrics in the 2nd one are terrible and the song is just boring (and gets embarrassing towards the end when they just decide to speed the same crap up)

No Son Of Mine is good, but it legit sounds like they're covering some 70's band. There's barely any FF DNA in there

And the other ones have been bland as hell

Locally I believe The Butterfly Effect should drop a new album this year, let's hope!

Karnivool surely must be overdue?

Locally I believe The Butterfly Effect should drop a new album this year, let's hope!

Karnivool surely must be overdue?
Last time I saw Karnivool live they played some new songs so have been working on something. That was a couple of years ago now though, so might be shelved at this point.

Really liking the new Weezer album
The songs are reasonably well crafted but the instrumentation is not for me. I’ve listened to it twice...that’s enough.

enjoying the Arlo Parks debut at the moment. some sweet, kinda melancholy bedroom pop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

enjoying the Arlo Parks debut at the moment. some sweet, kinda melancholy bedroom pop.

Good recommendation. Been on repeat since you posted.

well the new Foo Fighters album is pretty poor overall, a real shame, the first album of theirs I've not enjoyed. Shame Shame is ok, No Son of Mine is alright and there's maybe 2 other tracks that are passable, but they just all feel so bland and empty, a real shame from one of my all time favs

well the new Foo Fighters album is pretty poor overall, a real shame, the first album of theirs I've not enjoyed. Shame Shame is ok, No Son of Mine is alright and there's maybe 2 other tracks that are passable, but they just all feel so bland and empty, a real shame from one of my all time favs

Waiting on a War and Holding Poison are really good.

At least it's got some creative instrumentation for once and is a bit closer to the 90s material on this, got some nice guitars and key changes, which reminded me of Josh Homme style, in fact i thought he might have produced this, but he didn't.. The problem i have with Dave's lyrics are he just repeats the same lines over and over again for so many choruses. It's just really tired and boring technique. It's like he goes out of his way to not write songs that he could. This is the same guy who worked with Nirvana, Queens/Vultures, Probot and wrote the first 3 Foo's records.

Many artists seem to forget, no matter how good the ideas, production, vision, you need the basic songs to be good at the beginning, even if they are written on just an acoustic guitar, or a drum machine, lol.

This new album is the first time in a long time where it feels like he's not trying to make a successful stadium rock album and has gone back to that cool/early style instead, it's like he's made something for a punk/metal Soundwave festival live show instead.

The issue as usual is the songs aren't very memorable. This a problem a lot of mainstream bands have over time.

Last edited:
I knew people were going to really like the Black Country, New Road debut, but not personally huge on it. The vocals and lyrics are pretty average at points, and while some of the instrumentals are nice, I can just listen to free jazz for that.

I can't fault their reasons for changing it, but the single for Sunglasses was also easily superior.

No Son Of Mine is good, but it legit sounds like they're covering some 70's band. There's barely any FF DNA in there

And the other ones have been bland as hell
Yeah, I probably need to give it another listen or two before I judge but I have found it all a bit bland to be honest.
There has been a few good tracks off the last couple of albums, but alot of filler.
I knew the moment I got Wasting Light, that that would be their crowning achievement and would be hard to live up to going foward. That is one exceptional rock album. This one....meh...its bland, wish I felt different.

Yeah, I probably need to give it another listen or two before I judge but I have found it all a bit bland to be honest.
There has been a few good tracks off the last couple of albums, but alot of filler.
I knew the moment I got Wasting Light, that that would be their crowning achievement and would be hard to live up to going foward.

159096.jpg

From the moment Bridges Burning cranks in, you knew you were in for something very epico

I knew people were going to really like the Black Country, New Road debut, but not personally huge on it. The vocals and lyrics are pretty average at points, and while some of the instrumentals are nice, I can just listen to free jazz for that.

I can't fault their reasons for changing it, but the single for Sunglasses was also easily superior.

I don't understand the appeal beyond the hype generated by the singles. It's watered down Slint with no point of difference beyond some milquetoast horns. Self-censoring the "big pharma" line on Sunglasses? Pretty lame.

It's not bad - I'll listen to it - but it's not the best album released this year. That honour would have to go to Shame - Drunk Tank Pink.

On SM-G970W using BigFooty.com mobile app

White Suns' new album *s. Seems like they have a pretty great back catalogue too, so that's been my best find of the year.

Also really digging this. Sounds like a dystopic radio broacast.

Last time I saw Karnivool live they played some new songs so have been working on something. That was a couple of years ago now though, so might be shelved at this point.

Karnivool and releasing a new album

Name a more tenuous duo

The Sound Awake tour isn't far away now doe!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back