2021 Music

Remove this Banner Ad

This track from Halsey's new album will surely become a big radio hit. Also happens to have Grohl on drums and Reznor on guitar/bass.

Last edited:

This track from Halsey's new album will surely become a big radio hit. Also happens to have Grohl on drums and Reznor on guitar/bass.

Agree, it's a catchy tune although a little 'pop generic', as it sounds like a composition that was written by Taylor Swift for Avril Lavigne...

Corey Wong and Dirty Loops have a collaboration album called "Turbo", just out on streaming platforms.
This is Turbo, everyone on it is a master musician. Jonah Nilsson on keyboards, Hendrik Lindner on 5 string bass, Aron Mellergardh on drums, Corey Wong guitar and the Hornheads filling out the brass section. Have a listen to Kenni Holemen on sax at around 1-30 to 1-50, that is high. I just love the crisp sound of Mellergardh's drums.

These guys have probably been my favourite live act throughout the time that COVID's made it practically impossible to tour. Quality debut single, even better live. Looking forward to their debut LP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On first listen, the new War on Drugs single is underwhelming to say the least. I'm still looking forward to the album in any case but it's not a grabbing first single.

What did you think of the new song?

Nothing ground breaking but much better than the first song they released.

What did you think of the new song?

Nothing ground breaking but much better than the first song they released.
I'm a fan. I wasn't sure about them having a featured artist at first but Lucius' backing vocals provide a nice touch.

Lawrence, never heard of them before, but they are great. She has a really big voice, what a sound.

Last edited:
1633159084948.png

Ckay has that Nwantiti remix racing towards the top of charts right now, but this more recent EP is also pretty lovely stuff. Can see an afrobeats chill seachange spearheaded by this dude killin it on streaming and being the sound of the coming summer down under.

Song is OK but there is one riff that is blatant rip from Pet Shop Boys "Always on Mind (Elvis cover) " ...... I hope they asked for permission

A rip off of a rip off or a rip off, yep that's sounds like a rip off to me...

Gee, who are these bozo's singing Always on my Mind - oh, they're actually the original composers/artists and the bloke in the middle is Mark James who also wrote and was the original recording artist of Suspicious Minds...

Last edited:
Been finding myself returning to the two releases from The Savage Young Taterbug quite a bit. Strange, but compelling outsider blues.

EP is good, quite sound collage-y - though there are very clear distinctive songs within each side. It's a bit hit and miss, but mostly hits, and do find myself coming back to it.

A-side of this is a single that has stuck with me this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back