2021 Music

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 1979 live version of a disco/no wave project Arthur Russell released in 1981 under the name Dinosaur L was quietly released this year Peter Gordon on sax and Julius Eastman on organ among others. Seriously good stuff, genuinely sounds like an electric Miles Davis album.

A 1979 live version of a disco/no wave project Arthur Russell released in 1981 under the name Dinosaur L was quietly released this year Peter Gordon on sax and Julius Eastman on organ among others. Seriously good stuff, genuinely sounds like an electric Miles Davis album.

Hell of a write up. Can't wait.

Hell of a write up. Can't wait.
It's so different to anything else I've heard from him, and right up there with his studio work IMO.

That being said, it's right up my alley. Like, jazzy improv no wave? Get the * outta here. Finding it felt like the universe had just decided to generate an album based on my listening history algorithms.

After looking around at a bunch of year end lists, it's confirmed my feelings that this year was pretty poor for music. Even stuff from artists I'm a fan of just didn't hit the mark more often than not. Hopefully next year is better.

After looking around at a bunch of year end lists, it's confirmed my feelings that this year was pretty poor for music. Even stuff from artists I'm a fan of just didn't hit the mark more often than not. Hopefully next year is better.

I feel a lot of bands came up with some decent returns to form (Mastodon, Between The Buried & Me, Lana Del Rey, Wolves In The Throne Room), but nothing earth-shatteringly good.

Like watching Marc Murphy run around in 2017. A nice surprise, but you just know the end is near.

Trophy Scars and Dvne probably the highlights and neither I have really rinsed to properly form an opinion.

Looking back at what I downloaded through Apple Music and it wasn't a huge year but I really enjoyed releases from Lorde, Holy Holy, Rufus Du Sol, with Olivia Rodrigo's album probably being the biggest surprise for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back