List Mgmt. 2021 NAB National AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

loki04

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its EB&W so a random. Don’t you think you should find the interview if you’re being as absolute as you were?

My take without having heard it is he was asked if he would have preferred we still had pick 2 to which he said yeah of course. Anabelle twists it into implying he was disappointed and you twist it further into being peeved! Like I said maybe pump the breaks on it because if it was anything like you said everyone (media, fans, the industry etc) would have been talking about it.

I didn’t think came across upset so much as obstinate in arguing with Spinny. That’s a discussion where we’re all losers!

To explain why I think it’s an utter waste of time. If we don’t trade it Reef probably gets a bid at 15 so no Macrae, no Poulter, no McMahon and possibly no McReery. The best value we can get is trading it into the 2022 draft and if we hold it no way North don’t bid on Daicos at 1. It was a risk it’s looking like we lost on it, but there’s no value in continuing to discuss it.
Yes I probably should find it and yes I ad libbed, not sure on her part but if she was too far off they would of pulled her up pretty quick like they do most on there.

Why would the Reef bid change? We would of lost Poulter and McMahon but I doubt much of the rest changes at all.

I'm not convinced North would of but even if they did we then have pick 2 as substantial trade currency of which multiple clubs wanted Callaghan.

Anyway it is what it is, hopefully that 2020 draft all go on to be good players like our 06 and 08 hauls.

loki04

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Our program was battered and beaten by all the attacking of it that occurred. Under McRae, we've decided to embrace the program rather than attacking it.
Are you saying our gamestyle and preseason under Buckley was not firing on all cylinders due to media and fan pressure?

TradeDraft

Premium Platinum
Oct 18, 2009
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was hoping that we might have had a post night 2 draft video of Dekka up on the website already.

If for nothing else other than him detailing what the list spots are looking like and how many picks we might be taking in the PSD or rookie draft. Want to know whether or not it is worth tuning in for.
Shows how bad our Media Team Is.

Though I guess they are waiting to after the Rookie Draft to have that Interview......MAYBE

Gabbo64

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2012
Bunbury WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
In an AFL trading sense it is completely relevant.

By trading we lost access to pick 2, its that simple anything else is just deflecting and arse covering.
All future trades are looked on after that draft is complete ours was pick 2.
I'm not saying we didn't lose pick 2. That's not the argument. The argument is that we did not trade pick 2. We never had in our possession, at anytime, pick 2.

Edit.. I should say we could have had pick 2. We never actually lost it.

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Are you saying our gamestyle and preseason under Buckley was not firing on all cylinders due to media and fan pressure?
No, it's been the players accoriding to Bucks and Hine. Bucks and Hine have had the catch phrase of *attack the program" for the last few years when talking about players.

TradeDraft

Premium Platinum
Oct 18, 2009
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Collingwood

magpies42

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Dean, Schlensong, Hammelmann... mature players that have dominated at state level.

But they won’t be picked because they aren’t 18, haven’t been feted about by the footy media and only came second in the wheel barrow race at primary school

Meanwhile where would our list be without initially unfancied types in Cameron, Mihocek, Roughead?
I’m all for mature aged recruits, particularly if they’re talls. It makes sense given our lists age profile currently

(Log in to remove this ad.)

snagbreac

All Australian
Sep 13, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man City, BHAFC, Washington FT
I’m all for mature aged recruits, particularly if they’re talls. It makes sense given our lists age profile currently
We don't need anymore young Pies. We've got too many on the base of our age pyramid and need to spread it out. You can't retain that many and progressively they'll start being delisted or traded on the cheap. Gold Coast has had this problem as too the GIANTS (that's how we got players like Adams and WHE under their normal market price.

Mollythedolly

Debutant
Oct 21, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Updated, thanks sr36

We went into the trade and draft period with ..

Max Lynch

2021 Pick 34
2021 Pick 39
2021 Pick 41
2021 Pick 45

2022 CFC first round
2022 CFC second round
2022 CFC third round
2022 CFC fourth round

We came out of the trade and draft period with …

Patrick Lipinski
Nathan Krueger

2021 Pick 4 Nick Daicos
2021 Pick 45 Arlo Draper
2021 Pick 49 Cooper Murley
2021 Pick 52 Harvey Harrison

2022 CFC first round
2022 Hawks third round
2022 Richmond third round
2022 Western Bulldogs third round

… that all seems like a good outcome?
Have to be happy with that given where we started.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its EB&W so a random. Don’t you think you should find the interview if you’re being as absolute as you were?

My take without having heard it is he was asked if he would have preferred we still had pick 2 to which he said yeah of course. Anabelle twists it into implying he was disappointed and you twist it further into being peeved! Like I said maybe pump the breaks on it because if it was anything like you said everyone (media, fans, the industry etc) would have been talking about it.

I didn’t think came across upset so much as obstinate in arguing with Spinny. That’s a discussion where we’re all losers because despite respecting his passion I don’t respect his bias.

To explain why I think it’s an utter waste of time. If we don’t trade it Reef probably gets a bid at 15 so no Macrae, no Poulter, no McMahon and possibly no McReery. The best value we can get is trading it into the 2022 draft and if we hold it no way North don’t bid on Daicos at 1. It was a risk it’s looking like we lost on it, but there’s no value in continuing to discuss it.
FINALLY a bit of commonsense.

Bias is the only reason to continue to flog this particular dead horse.

Mollythedolly

Debutant
Oct 21, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting isn’t it. I think you’re right.

If we’d have traded 47 and the future 3rd for 37 and drafted Draper with that pick the optics would look different but the result is the same.

Maybe we had a deal ready for 37 to take him but got intel he was going to slip further.

Either way I’m sure we are going to say we had him higher on our board!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The 2 things that you can assume:

1 - we rated him high enough to justify the use of the F3 in addition to the 2021 pick used; and
2 - we didn’t think he’d last till our pick if we didn’t make the trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad