List Mgmt. 2021 NAB National AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Growth spurt in later teens elevated his game as I recall the story. Happy to be corrected.

Sounds correct to me from my memory of his book. Think he said he was pretty skinny, soft and a fringe player. His Dad used to send letters and basically said to him to start putting in, which he did, and the rest was history. I get the impression of Bucks he is not a natural talent at most aspects of life, he is just a massive self growth proponent

Sounds correct to me from my memory of his book. Think he said he was pretty skinny, soft and a fringe player. His Dad used to send letters and basically said to him to start putting in, which he did, and the rest was history. I get the impression of Bucks he is not a natural talent at most aspects of life, he is just a massive self growth proponent
The ONLY thing Bucks and I share is a determination to be at least a little better tomorrow at everything than he is today.

Reckon McCreerys go is much more a defensive pressure forward. Yes neeeds to kick some goals but a 1 goal a game output from someone whose role invovles being the pressure forward is a great output. A bigger stronger Blair, Puopolo, Thomas is probably what our hope should be. None of those were a goal a game

1.5 per game shoots him right past players like Gray, Greene, Didak, Leon, Tippa, etc. essentially almost all the best small forwards currently going around. I reckon the 2 premier small forwards of the current era are Breust and Betts and they only go at 1.8 per game. 1.5 for McCreery would be absolutely sensational but I dont think realistic

If he turns into a 1 goal a game pressure forward over the long term we have a real player. Ginnivan , if he makes it probalby needs a little more output as I doubt he can offer the defensive side McCreery does.

I think averages of goals is a only a part of looking at the offensive ability of a small fwd.

Those names you mention Leon Krak Dids at 1.5g ave also had the ability to kick momentum changing goals or have a day out kicking 4 or so goals in a game. Or do the freakish lifting the team.

This is oft over looked when these discussions happen and people start talking about Blair and poppy's vs Leon Didak and Kraks of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back