List Mgmt. 2021 NAB National AFL Draft

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
In that case I could be mistaken, and my apologies if that’s the case, but that definitely doesn’t sound like a GW comment. I’d expect that from a dial a quote like T Shaw not a pro like GW. I’m not exactly buying what you’re selling though on the basis of a random on EB&W…

One further point to all this I think these discussions are a gigantic waste of time, but not only that the hardline opinions are premature. For instance McMahon goes on to be J Kennedy in quality and the club look geniuses…

Anabelle is not a random on there, its akin to Jen2310 hearing it and posting it on here. iirc they know each other from being regulars at training.
She often has mail and titbits from club on there and is what I would regard a reliable poster.

Regardless i'd imagine the radio interview would be online somewhere.

Mollythedolly

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 21, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
How are we going to replace fullback, find a quality full forward and intercepting defenders with only 1 1st rd pick a year? Wanting the rebuild to take 6-8 years?

Your dogged insistence on only seeking KPP from top 20 picks comes undone in several ways

- only 1 first rd pick a year to spend

- 1st rd KPP are regularly busts like Boyd, MCCartin, Patton, Schache, Brander (you claim), etc etc

- Collingwoods recent KPP success stories have 90% been late picks or recycled players like Dunn, Roughead, Mihocek, Cameron etc.

But your the self proclaimed ‘smart amongst us’ lol

We still have to wait and see who else we add but I’m more than happy to give those spec you talls on our list 2022 to stake a long term claim for a KPP spot. Then look to draft more options in 2022 and maybe chase a RFA like Barrass from WCE or the 2022 state league bolster.

Frankie23

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was hoping that we might have had a post night 2 draft video of Dekka up on the website already.

If for nothing else other than him detailing what the list spots are looking like and how many picks we might be taking in the PSD or rookie draft. Want to know whether or not it is worth tuning in for.

How am I supposed to know if they're going to 'attack the program' or not without Dekka's video!?!?

Gabbo64

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2012
Bunbury WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
I hear you want to sell your bitcoin valued at 0.08c 2010 for 0.06c a coin? sorry its a buyers market in a pandemic and future markets aren't relevant just the starting price and unknown value at the time.
Oh dear! Is that it?
Well, the answer.... I want to sell my bitcoin today for 13 Etheriums tomorrow. So I have sold 1 bitcoin for 13 future Etheriums. That is the deal. The future price is irrelevant.

Lol what else is it then if not pick 2?

We are back to magic fairy beans like the Murphy trade. You guys love to spin sh*t into gold i tell ya.

The point for me is that it was a s**t deal, regardless of whether you view it at the time as being worth an estimated future value of pick 10 or whether you view it as being worth what it came to be worth - pick 2.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Oh dear! Is that it?
Well, the answer.... I want to sell my bitcoin today for 13 Etheriums tomorrow. So I have sold 1 bitcoin for 13 future Etheriums. That is the deal. The future price is irrelevant.

In an AFL trading sense it is completely relevant.

By trading we lost access to pick 2, its that simple anything else is just deflecting and arse covering.
All future trades are looked on after that draft is complete ours was pick 2.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Anabelle is not a random on there, its akin to Jen2310 hearing it and posting it on here. iirc they know each other from being regulars at training.
She often has mail and titbits from club on there and is what I would regard a reliable poster.

Regardless i'd imagine the radio interview would be online somewhere.

Its EB&W so a random. Don’t you think you should find the interview if you’re being as absolute as you were?

My take without having heard it is he was asked if he would have preferred we still had pick 2 to which he said yeah of course. Anabelle twists it into implying he was disappointed and you twist it further into being peeved! Like I said maybe pump the breaks on it because if it was anything like you said everyone (media, fans, the industry etc) would have been talking about it.

Yes I'm not as upset with it as I seem, more that people are deluded in thinking we didn't lose pick two in that deal.
That it was just a place holder of no relevance to us its mind boggling and I garauntee that if it was Carlton those same people would be shouting from the roof tops that they traded pick 2 for sweet fa.

Yes Poulter and/or McMahon could well make the best of a otherwise bad trade.

I didn’t think came across upset so much as obstinate in arguing with Spinny. That’s a discussion where we’re all losers because despite respecting his passion I don’t respect his bias.

To explain why I think it’s an utter waste of time. If we don’t trade it Reef probably gets a bid at 15 so no Macrae, no Poulter, no McMahon and possibly no McReery. The best value we can get is trading it into the 2022 draft and if we hold it no way North don’t bid on Daicos at 1. It was a risk it’s looking like we lost on it, but there’s no value in continuing to discuss it.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its EB&W so a random. Don’t you think you should find the interview if you’re being as absolute as you were?

My take without having heard it is he was asked if he would have preferred we still had pick 2 to which he said yeah of course. Anabelle twists it into implying he was disappointed and you twist it further into being peeved! Like I said maybe pump the breaks on it because if it was anything like you said everyone (media, fans, the industry etc) would have been talking about it.

I didn’t think came across upset so much as obstinate in arguing with Spinny. That’s a discussion where we’re all losers!

To explain why I think it’s an utter waste of time. If we don’t trade it Reef probably gets a bid at 15 so no Macrae, no Poulter, no McMahon and possibly no McReery. The best value we can get is trading it into the 2022 draft and if we hold it no way North don’t bid on Daicos at 1. It was a risk it’s looking like we lost on it, but there’s no value in continuing to discuss it.

Yes I probably should find it and yes I ad libbed, not sure on her part but if she was too far off they would of pulled her up pretty quick like they do most on there.

Why would the Reef bid change? We would of lost Poulter and McMahon but I doubt much of the rest changes at all.

I'm not convinced North would of but even if they did we then have pick 2 as substantial trade currency of which multiple clubs wanted Callaghan.

Anyway it is what it is, hopefully that 2020 draft all go on to be good players like our 06 and 08 hauls.

Was hoping that we might have had a post night 2 draft video of Dekka up on the website already.

If for nothing else other than him detailing what the list spots are looking like and how many picks we might be taking in the PSD or rookie draft. Want to know whether or not it is worth tuning in for.

Shows how bad our Media Team Is.

Though I guess they are waiting to after the Rookie Draft to have that Interview......MAYBE

Gabbo64

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2012
Bunbury WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
In an AFL trading sense it is completely relevant.

By trading we lost access to pick 2, its that simple anything else is just deflecting and arse covering.
All future trades are looked on after that draft is complete ours was pick 2.
I'm not saying we didn't lose pick 2. That's not the argument. The argument is that we did not trade pick 2. We never had in our possession, at anytime, pick 2.

Edit.. I should say we could have had pick 2. We never actually lost it.

Are you saying our gamestyle and preseason under Buckley was not firing on all cylinders due to media and fan pressure?
No, it's been the players accoriding to Bucks and Hine. Bucks and Hine have had the catch phrase of *attack the program" for the last few years when talking about players.

Jun 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Dean, Schlensong, Hammelmann... mature players that have dominated at state level.

But they won’t be picked because they aren’t 18, haven’t been feted about by the footy media and only came second in the wheel barrow race at primary school

Meanwhile where would our list be without initially unfancied types in Cameron, Mihocek, Roughead?
I’m all for mature aged recruits, particularly if they’re talls. It makes sense given our lists age profile currently

Back