List Mgmt. 2021 NAB National AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m all for mature aged recruits, particularly if they’re talls. It makes sense given our lists age profile currently
We don't need anymore young Pies. We've got too many on the base of our age pyramid and need to spread it out. You can't retain that many and progressively they'll start being delisted or traded on the cheap. Gold Coast has had this problem as too the GIANTS (that's how we got players like Adams and WHE under their normal market price.

Updated, thanks sr36

We went into the trade and draft period with ..

Max Lynch

2021 Pick 34
2021 Pick 39
2021 Pick 41
2021 Pick 45

2022 CFC first round
2022 CFC second round
2022 CFC third round
2022 CFC fourth round

We came out of the trade and draft period with …

Patrick Lipinski
Nathan Krueger

2021 Pick 4 Nick Daicos
2021 Pick 45 Arlo Draper
2021 Pick 49 Cooper Murley
2021 Pick 52 Harvey Harrison

2022 CFC first round
2022 Hawks third round
2022 Richmond third round
2022 Western Bulldogs third round

… that all seems like a good outcome?

Have to be happy with that given where we started.

I wish we hadn't committed to redrafting Chugg today.

I suspect we'll use our first rookie draft pick hopefully on a KPP prospect anyway but having two list spots up our sleeve would have been handy.

I like Chugg. Has a bit of Tooves about him but with better skills.

Its EB&W so a random. Don’t you think you should find the interview if you’re being as absolute as you were?

My take without having heard it is he was asked if he would have preferred we still had pick 2 to which he said yeah of course. Anabelle twists it into implying he was disappointed and you twist it further into being peeved! Like I said maybe pump the breaks on it because if it was anything like you said everyone (media, fans, the industry etc) would have been talking about it.

I didn’t think came across upset so much as obstinate in arguing with Spinny. That’s a discussion where we’re all losers because despite respecting his passion I don’t respect his bias.

To explain why I think it’s an utter waste of time. If we don’t trade it Reef probably gets a bid at 15 so no Macrae, no Poulter, no McMahon and possibly no McReery. The best value we can get is trading it into the 2022 draft and if we hold it no way North don’t bid on Daicos at 1. It was a risk it’s looking like we lost on it, but there’s no value in continuing to discuss it.
FINALLY a bit of commonsense.

Bias is the only reason to continue to flog this particular dead horse.

Interesting isn’t it. I think you’re right.

If we’d have traded 47 and the future 3rd for 37 and drafted Draper with that pick the optics would look different but the result is the same.

Maybe we had a deal ready for 37 to take him but got intel he was going to slip further.

Either way I’m sure we are going to say we had him higher on our board!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The 2 things that you can assume:

1 - we rated him high enough to justify the use of the F3 in addition to the 2021 pick used; and
2 - we didn’t think he’d last till our pick if we didn’t make the trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know you can trade it AFTER finding out your finish position.

You can, and if we’d done that and if we’d ended up being pick 2, then you could say we traded pick 2. But that’s not what happened. No amount of hypotheticals will change that. Facts are facts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back