List Mgmt. 2021 NAB National AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care about anyone's involvement if we had retained pick 2 north would have bid at pick 1.

Why would they have been more likely to bid? What would have been the point. If they bid we would have traded it to some other club for a future first. Some other club gets Callaghan. We get a likely kid next year. Nothing changes for North.

Good to see the Pies replenish all the KPP stocks with all these drafts while rebuilding.
Howe, Roughead and Moore injured for a stretch of games per year, and with Madgen being the main back - it's good to see they have a plan for the future backline.

lol

Why would they have been more likely to bid? What would have been the point. If they bid we would have traded it to some other club for a future first. Some other club gets Callaghan. We get a likely kid next year. Nothing changes for North.
Pointless explaining to those who don't want to know sr.

Some people want to 'make them pay/earn it' - and pick 2 would be too tempting.

You and some others don't want to believe it but I grew up in the rough streets and I know the darker side of human nature.

You and some others don't want to believe it but I grew up in the rough streets and I know the darker side of human nature.
If it was a straight we lose equation, with no other result, I'd agree. But the equation discussed is that anything we lost another team other than North would have gained. As we would have simply traded the pick to another team who would have used it. They wouldn't have had any more reason to bid than the situation which occurred.

Poulter looks likely, he’d be elsewhere same with McMahon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW, now you’re reduced to throwing a lot of disparate sh*t into a blender to try and justify your position.

Firstly, nobody is denying we lost pick 2 in that deal. Hindsight confirms that. It just wasn’t that specific pick that was traded. Nor was it the pick it was broadly expected to be when traded. To suggest otherwise is just rewriting history.

Secondly, Wright indicating he’d prefer we still had the pick going into this years trade-draft period. Well FMD, there’s a shock, a list manager would love pick 2. Nothing in any of that suggests he’d have done anything any different if he was at the club prior to the 2020 trade-draft period.

What are you on about fool?

My stance has always been the same, we traded pick 2 because despite what you have others believe is the actual cost of that trade.
I dont give a flying rats toss bag if the club didn't see it coming they made the decision knowing it was a possibility that is the true trade.

If it was a straight we lose equation, with no other result, I'd agree. But the equation discussed is that anything we lost another team other than North would have gained. As we would have simply traded the pick to another team who would have used it. They wouldn't have had any more reason to bid than the situation which occurred.
Look this is my last reply on this subject because we have had different life experiences and we don't speak the same language on some issues and this is one of them.

SPITE.

It's an integral part of human nature . . . . where do think 'tall poppy syndrome' comes from??? Where do think terrorism comes from?????

For some campaigners spite is motive enough in itself - even if it costs them something they simply have to cause pain and distress, given the opportunity.

Some people just want to watch the world burn because it gives them a gleeful feeling inside.

That is the last contribution or reply I will make on the matter.

Between the MSD, FA / Trade period, ND and RD we have added the following:

Tall defender: Dean (19)
Small midfielder: Murley (18), Harrison (18}
Medium midfielder: Daicos (18), Draper (18)
Tall midfielder: Lipinski (23)
Medium forward: Johnson (24)
Tall forward: Kreuger (22)
Forward/Ruck: Begg (19)

Our draft position next year is still a little compromised, but we at least come out with our future 1st still in hand and the 3 x future 3rds at least give us some scope to move back into the second round if needs be.

All in all it has been a solid off season and there was a decent spread amongst our additions in terms of positional needs being filled which is a step in the right direction.

Now we just have wait and see how the (larger) group of kids we have comes along over the off season, with some promising signs from our more recent draftees already even though the pre season has only just begun.

Apparently Knightmare isn’t allowed to have his own opinions about players.

This whole thing of ‘draft experts’ having a snipe at each other, and casual draft observers, is getting old real quick. It smacks of a fair bit of hubris.

All the posters in this forum obviously watch bucketloads of AFL footy. Yet there’s still massively differing opinions amongst us about almost every single aspect of the game. Including the players within it.

Why should it be any different in the draft space? I honestly like to consider their opinions, particularly on the more obscure prospects, and find them genuinely informative.

But respectfully, what makes it all valid? Let alone infallible.

FMD, I might not even agree with their wholistic views surrounding the game.

Last edited:
This whole thing of ‘draft experts’ having a snipe at each other, and casual draft observers, is getting old real quick.

All the posters in this forum obviously watch bucketloads of AFL footy. Yet there’s still massively differing opinions amongst us about almost every single aspect of the game, including the players within it.

Why should it be any different in the draft space? I honestly like to consider their opinions, particularly on the more obscure prospects and find them genuinely informative. But respectfully what makes it all valid?… Let alone infallible.

There’s more than a little hubris floating about.
Honestly, this poster having a go at KM over having his own opinions rather than riding the media groupthink train is plain bizarre. Like, how dare he not fall in to line and follow everyone else?!?

Honestly, this poster having a go at KM over having his own opinions rather than riding the media groupthink train is plain bizarre. Like, how dare he not fall in to line and follow everyone else?!?

Would perhaps get a little more respect from some if it wasn't hidden behind a burner account?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back