Toast 2021 Nailed It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt I'd dick Dow if he was guaranteed 22 games. Needs to learn how to kick the footy.

Was impressed with Walsh. Looked stronger to and if the games stay like last nights he's in for a good year.

I can't see Dow playing 22 games this year it will be interesting to see who goes out for Williams next week.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
What happened with Cripps in the second half did he get tired or get tagged? Was on 60-odd at half time IIRC

I was thinking the same thing. Noticed he was blowing really hard a few times early in the last 1/4 and was moving really slow by then. He played 91% TOG and most of it was on-ball. That's just insane for a mid of his size. Doesn't help that scrubs like Dow who is supposed to be part of the first Midfield rotation only played 69% TOG. Whether that's by design or because Dow is incapable of playing a full game I don't know. The sooner ZW & JM are both back the better for Cripps as he can have a bit more of a rest and hopefully not gas out by half time. A mid of his size just shouldn't be playing 91% TOG period. Bring it back to 80%-85% and he might even be a bit more more impactful imo. To put that into perspective, Walsh who's an endurance running machine only played 82% and the rest of their on-ball brigade around 75% each. It's just mind boggling how they constantly overwork Cripps to his detriment. I realise they were one or two mids down on rotation last night but they will break him again if they don't manage his time a bit better.

WTF.JPG

Well I nailed it by picking Dow.

Not that that's anything to be proud of. 😭

(Smacks myself in the head)

The biggest thing I can't understand is that less than 50% picked Dusty in their teams. He is the best player in the AFL and you are guaranteed at least 100 average, he has dual position and only $541k. This bullshit that people come out with that he dosen't try until later in the season is laughable. Watch him go 110+ this year and be the No1 forward.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
The biggest thing I can't understand is that less than 50% picked Dusty in their teams. He is the best player in the AFL and you are guaranteed at least 100 average, he has dual position and only $541k. This bullshit that people come out with that he dosen't try until later in the season is laughable. Watch him go 110+ this year and be the No1 forward.

I only had one spot up forward for a premo forward and choose Dunkley. If I had of picked a 2 premo forward line then Dusty would have been in.

I'm scared what he will do to the Hawks next week now. If I get a serious injury to one of my premo mids or Dunkley before price changes then Dusty is coming straight in. Might just bring him in anyways for some underperforming campaigner.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
It's a Marathon .....not a sprint young Padawan
1616107039789.png
Waiting1.1.gif

Wasn’t expecting anything more than 60 from Dow- he’s in my side for job security more than anything.The way the rotations are this year I don’t think there will be any consistency in rookies. You’ll get a game or two here, rest, back in for a week or two. Given Dow is 3 preseasons in now he should have the running capacity to get through. He’s an expensive rookie but that’s my rationale anyway. DPP helps his case.

Having the extra 20k and not going Walsh over Cripps will cost me an inevitable side trade this year. He was amazing, Walsh. Such a great runner. Added that inside game which will only improve his scoring.

Dusty vice captain round 1 on a Thursday night has proven to be a winner yet again. He’s such a big game performer.
Dow won't be scoring 60 points playing in the VFL in a few weeks.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
HEY ! .....everyone of you that "liked" my post above, I think you thought I was having a joke ......I was serious ! .....unfortunately it was simple case of "Premature Anticipation"

I have a Doctors appt this afternoon :(

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
Doubt I'd dick Dow if he was guaranteed 22 games. Needs to learn how to kick the footy.

Was impressed with Walsh. Looked stronger to and if the games stay like last nights he's in for a good year.
He was pushed off the ball a bit as well which concerned me a bit as well. But having said that- Richmond are terrific at closing in and not giving any space so I would anticipate a better showing next week. I don’t think he’s getting dropped given he did show a bit last night in patches. Really needs to nail that goal in the last if he wants to make something of himself at the highest level.

Really don’t mind if people jump off Dow. He’s not in my side as a keeper either. I think he will make 100-150k and that’s all I am really after. Anything above is a bonus.

Juzzomac

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I don't actually support North Melb
He was pushed off the ball a bit as well which concerned me a bit as well. But having said that- Richmond are terrific at closing in and not giving any space so I would anticipate a better showing next week. I don’t think he’s getting dropped given he did show a bit last night in patches. Really needs to nail that goal in the last if he wants to make something of himself at the highest level.

Really don’t mind if people jump off Dow. He’s not in my side as a keeper either. I think he will make 100-150k and that’s all I am really after. Anything above is a bonus.
^.

65 average makes him 120-150k depending on how long you hold him. A spike score and it could be even more. Last nights first half showed his potential to smash out 70+ games, looked better than he has in previous years.

Think Williams helps him anyway, Carlton will be a much better team with him and Dow can profit off that.

Worst case scenario he's culled R3 for the best rookie that anyone's missed, not a big deal.

timtimtim

Club Legend
Feb 27, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
I wonder how many 'nailed it' will become 'spoke to soon' after tonight's match haha

Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Shorty and Doc pretty much bang on where i was hoping they'd score. If thats their base from what looked like fairly average games for both im happy. Dusty obviously A+ last night but fully prepared for the quiet weeks where he backs off and scores 80 odd. An average over the season of 110+ would be a win for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back