2021 NBA All Star Game (State Farm Arena, Atlanta, Georgia. 7th March)

Which bit is rubbish?
1. He has had to adjust to playing with CP which was rough to begin the season, they are starting to figure it out recently but I don't think you can deny there was a meshing process.
2. He'd dropped from 6 AST p/g to 4p/g. I don't think you can argue his playmaking has reduced this year.
3. You're not telling me he's anything above an average defender are you?
4. His TO rate is still high, even though he's running the O less with CP on board.

I'm not calling him a trash player or anything but it's not an outrage he didn't make the team. He's thereabouts with the others on the fringe.

Btw, All star is given on the whole season, not just his last month
His efficiency is at a career high though and he’s the best player on the 4th best team in the league as it stands.

The narrative previously was that he was an empty stats padder who couldn’t win.

He’s now producing at a more efficient rate and his team is winning.

All of the other Top 6 teams as it currently stands have at least two All Stars.

Mitchell was shooting at 33% for the first month of the season, so despite a slowish start for Booker, his game has picked up.

The West will always have guys who are stiff but Booker has very strong case to be included.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
His efficiency is at a career high though and he’s the best player on the 4th best team in the league as it stands.

The narrative previously was that he was an empty stats padder who couldn’t win.

All of the other Top 6 teams as it currently stands have at least two All Stars.

Mitchell was shooting at 33% for the first month of the season, so despite a slowish start for Booker, his game has picked up.

The West will always have guys who are stiff but Booker has very strong case to be included.

Needs to learn from LaVine.

For all the outrage about Booker (who I don’t necessarily think was a flat out snub; I’m fairly indifferent about it) I still think the Sabonis snub is where the anger should be directed. Best player on the 4th seed in the East isn’t getting a gig averaging 22/12/6? FOH.

For all the outrage about Booker (who I don’t necessarily think was a flat out snub; I’m fairly indifferent about it) I still think the Sabonis snub is where the anger should be directed. Best player on the 4th seed in the East isn’t getting a gig averaging 22/12/6? FOH.
They’re one game above .500 so the 4th seed is a little misleading. You could certainly make a very strong case for him over Vuc though.

I agree with almost everything you said there. He has improved his efficiency year on year, which he should be commended for. Not an easy thing to do.

Only thing is that I think CP has been a bigger influence on the team winning (making him the best player), which is reflected in his selection as an all star IMO. CP is running the team on one end and playing some decent D on the other as well.

How the East is selected is irrelevant... it's a different pool of players.
The only teams with 2 players selected in the West all have better records than the Suns. Not much between Booker/Donovan I agree, but his team is 25-6 which is probably why he gets the nod.

Look, just saying it's not a huge surprise he's not selected. Don't get the outrage. I would have put him 50/50 going into it.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Yep 100% agree. That one off game a couple of games ago everyone went over the top with. Really Emblid has carried the team to where it is.
I mean Embiid is playing at an MVP level no doubt but Simmons is absolutely an All star

Over the year he is still at 15.7/8.3/7.9 and is shooting 56% from the field. - He guards 1-5 and is playing at a DPOY level.

Over Feb he averaged 22.3/8.6/8.0

Heck even comparing Booker to him as you mentioned despite the different conferences

Is 24.7/4.3/3.8 shooting at 50% and playing significantly worse defence really this huge snub

I would give up the extra scoring for everything else Simmons brings.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Who else you putting in though? Next big in line is probably Ayton, and 14/11 isn't any better than 22/8. (Unless I'm completely forgetting someone?)

Don't mind Book missing. Numbers have been down a bit and it was probably between him, CP and Mitchell for those two guard spots. Utah should have two players and CP gets the veteran bump over the line. Probably next in line if someone is injured anyway.
Does it have to be a big anyways? I mean you're just selecting 7 reserves arent you? I honestly think they selected him knowing he is out and wont play so they give him the nod cos he's AD and then just select the guy who probs deserves it more as an injury replacement.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Been some incredible snubs. Trae Young is another I was thinking about, just averaging a lazy 27 and 9 and doesnt make it in. Butler should be an All Star too but I guess they deemed he didnt play enough.

Literally the only thing keeping Trae "efficient" is his Harden-esque foul baiting, 27 points on 18 shots with 9 of those points coming from the FT line per game isn't All-Star worthy.

He wasn't a snub.

Wouldn't say Jimmy should be an All-Star this season at all, who should he replace?

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Literally the only thing keeping Trae "efficient" is his Harden-esque foul baiting, 27 points on 18 shots with 9 of those points coming from the FT line per game isn't All-Star worthy.

He wasn't a snub.

Wouldn't say Jimmy should be an All-Star this season at all, who should he replace?
I think Jimmy only misses out because of how many games he played. I'd bring him in for Tatum if Butler had played more games.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Been some incredible snubs. Trae Young is another I was thinking about, just averaging a lazy 27 and 9 and doesnt make it in. Butler should be an All Star too but I guess they deemed he didnt play enough.

Atlanta are 11th in the East and Trae is an awful defender. There are 9 guards averaging 25+ PPG and he has the lowest FG% of the lot. He has improved his efficiency but does he really influence games? Every time I watch Atlanta he is either shooting from the logo, attempting flashy floaters and layups to avoid contact or trying to get foul calls. Poor man's Harden rather than a poor man's Curry at this stage. Could've benefited playing more with Rondo.

I am guessing that with Durant out the #2 on the voting in the East becomes captain? Can see the 2021 ASG becoming like 1990s SOO footy with players all becoming unavailable in the lead up.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Can’t defend, can’t play without the ball. Needs to mature and learn how to be a better teammate and team player.

Back