2021 NBA Draft (powered by State Farm). Friday 9:30am EST

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good morning all, one week until the draft means my 100% accurate mock draft is here:

Pick 1 Detroit – Cade Cunningham:

6’8 do it all guard/wing. Pistons get the best player in the draft. Can shoot, can pass, can defend. Has a 7’2 wingspan. Complete player.

Pick 2 Houston Rockets – Jalen Green:

Reports are Jalen Green has received a promise from Houston at this pick. Green is a 6’5 dynamic scorer with some defensive upside if he can put on weight. Comparisons range from Bradley Beal to Kobe. Some think he has the highest upside in the draft and could be an all time great scorer.

Pick 3 Cleveland Cavaliers – Evan Mobley:

The cavs have the easiest choice in this years draft, simply choose the player the rockets pass on. Mobley is a 7’0 C/PF with elite defensive upside, quick feet to guard on the perimeter, shooting potential and has show great playmaking. Has received comparisons to Davis and Bosh.

Pick 4 Toronto Raptors – Jalen Suggs:

Some view the top 4 of this draft as all even. Jalen Sugg is a 6’4 point guard who has shown to be very good at defense and hitting clutch shots. He has great playmaking and can score without being an elite shooter. I wouldn’t be shocked if Toronto pull a surprise and choose Scottie Barnes instead though.

Pick 5 Orlando Magic – Jonathan Kuminga:

If Toronto pass on Suggs expect Suggs to be the pick but I have Orlando picking Kuminga. 6’8 wing who played in the G league. Has scoring, shooting and defensive potential but overall struggled in the G league apart from his first few games. Boom or bust selection

Pick 6 Oklahoma City Thunder – Scottie Barnes:

OKC wont pass on Barnes at this pick. 6’9 playmaking wing with a 7’3 wingspan and is basically identical in measurements to Kawhi. Barnes is elite defender and playmaker, he just cant shoot. Plays with very high energy all game and likes to taunt players from what I have seen so expect a few techs.

Pick 7 Golden State Warriors – Moses Moody:

If the warriors keep the pick, a pretty big if, expect them to pick Moses Moody here. 6’6 Moody 3 and D wing with scoring upside. He is the type of player every team covets, most mocks have him a bit lower and the Warriors choosing Davion Mitchell but I would be surprised if the Warriors pass on Moody here.

Pick 8 Orlando Magic – James Bouknight:

Orlando’s second top 10 pick has them selecting a flat out scorer. Bouknight is a 6’5 shooting guard who really does one thing well and that is put the ball in the net. This is probably the hardest selection due to Orlando having a lot of young players at each position but no real stand outs.

Pick 9 Sacramento Kings – Franz Wagner:

Well Sacramento got the steal of the draft last year with Haliburton, this year they will select Franz Wagner to compliment their back court with the 6’8 small forward who can shoot and score. A good well rounded prospect.

Pick 10 New Orleans Pelicans – Davion Mitchell:

I think the Pels will trade this pick but if they keep it I expect them to draft Davion Mitchell here. An NBA ready point guard who is good at defense and is a winner helping Baylor win the NCAA.

Pick 11 Charlotte Hornets – Josh Giddey

The Hornets need a big man but there aren't many prospects that make a lot of sense for them here so they may trade the pick. Giddey and Lamelo are probably a weird fit but could also be very dynamic if it works out.

Pick 12 San Antonio Spurs – Alperen Sengun:

This is a classic spurs picking a Euro guy choice. There are people out there who believe Sengun is by far the best prospect in the draft. 6’10 Turkish center who can score, pass and and dribble. He is the full package on offense, the questions will come on defense.

Pick 13 Indiana Pacers – Corey Kispert:

With Indiana likely to lose McDermott to free agency I think they will draft an immediate replacement in Kispert. 6’7 wing who shoots the lights out and has drawn comparisons to Joe Harris. Bit older and should be ready to step right in and be a solid rotation player.

Pick 14 Golden State Warriors – Trey Murphy:

Another pick Warriors probably end up trading, once again I have them selecting a 3/D player. Trey Murphy is a 6’9 wing who really just shoots 3’s and plays defense. Maybe it is silly to double down on this type of player but I think the warriors will be on the hint for them.

2021draft.jpg

Friday, July 30, 2021 (AEST)

Welcome to the 2021 NBA Draft thread (powered by State Farm. Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there.®).

All teams will be eyeing the prospects keenly in an attempt to find the next Giannis Sina Ugo Antetokounmpo, who famously dispatched the Phoenix Suns in 6 to win the NBA championship). He extends the streak of Antetokounmpo brothers to win the Larry O'Brien trophy to two after Kostas Antetokounmpo won a ring with the 2020 Los Angeles Lakers. Their brother Thanasis also got his ring recently with the Bucks. They are the first trio of NBA brothers to achieve the ultimate prize. So teams will be jostling for position to draft Alex Antetokounmpo, who I dont even think is in the draft. So yeah that's that.

1228132002.jpg
tumblr_lqllh1v18p1qb4z6jo1_500.gif

Detroit, it's your time to shine.

E4h4V-lXIAES8qu.jpg:large

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I think pick 10 will be Giddey now and then Hornets probably trade or draft Kai Jones. Davion Mitchell falls out of the lottery

I was deciding between Mitchell and Giddey for the Pels, damn

Well I think pick 10 will be Giddey now and then Hornets probably trade or draft Kai Jones. Davion Mitchell falls out of the lottery

I was deciding between Mitchell and Giddey for the Pels, damn
Need Utah to select Davion Mitchell. Be all time rolf, since Hawthorn picked Lewis Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back