Play Nice 2021 NBA Playoffs Thread - Conference Semi Finals. Nets v Bucks, 76ers v Hawks, Jazz v Clippers, Suns v Nuggets

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
The problem is even bigger than that. He is the play maker of that team, he is their point guard. And he refused to handle the ball.

It all comes back to free throw shooting. Hack a Ben destroyed him. He was too scared to be in possession of the ball in case someone fouled him.

If your point guard refuses to handle the ball you have a massive problem.
Hack a Ben was the straw that broke the camels back but he went backwards after the all star break. This has been an issue since before the play offs they just made the issues even more noticeable.

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Ben just comes across as one of those Uber talented guys that has coasted along on natural ability, and then when they get into the big leagues they get found out.
I’ve defended him for four years but his unwillingness to shoot or be aggressive and use his talent properly is just so disappointing, because if you see the pregame warm ups he knocks threes down at a high rate.
He seems to be content as he is without realising his potential because he is either stubborn and doesn’t think he needs to change (which his after game conference seems to suggest), or he’s lazy and he’s happy just driving expensive cars and wearing expensive clothes. The problem is he’s either gonna get booed out of the game or end up pissing his career away coz he won’t learn to shoot properly. I’ve coached these kinds of guys before and sometimes it doesn’t matter what you do to help them they just don’t do the work and are lost to the game. I’d hate to see that happen to Ben. It’s up to him.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
On that (from an article by Kevin O'Connor yesterday):
“I’ve seen them shoot right-handed. It’s better form right-handed,” Redick said. “They do everything else right-handed. I don’t understand why you’re shooting a basketball left-handed.” Redick is correct. Simmons released the ball using his right hand on 67 shots this postseason, compared to just nine shots with his left hand. That rate is consistent with his career rate of using his right hand going back to his time at LSU.

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
The dude is right handed, but I bet his ego won't allow him to switch mid career.

Kind of, but I think it’s more that he really looks up to his dad, and I think he feels like he’d be letting his dad down if he shoots with his right coz his dad was a lefty and taught him to use his left. I think he needs to change to his right from what I’ve seen, but if he won’t do it he’s gonna go backwards.

djboonie

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Simmons will be the most hated man in Philly and one of the most disappointing in Australian eyes if he skips out on the Games... that's a lot of weight to carry around...

Used to be out soccer stars that skipped out on the national team

It's a real shame no Ben for the Boomers, our squad is perfect to have a 6'10 facilitator. Some of our most effective offense at the world's was using Mills like GS uses Curry. Multiple screens to get perimeter shots. Then we have another 6 or 7 guys who can stand around and nail the 3s if the defense breaks down on dribble penetration by a guy like Ben.

I'd rather have Thybulle than Simmons going to the Olympics for Australia, Ben is in the gutter until he stops being a wuss and bully his way to the paint and drive with aggression or work on his god damn shooting. Feel embarrassed that he'll represent Australia.
Thanks for your input.

Kind of, but I think it’s more that he really looks up to his dad, and I think he feels like he’d be letting his dad down if he shoots with his right coz his dad was a lefty and taught him to use his left. I think he needs to change to his right from what I’ve seen, but if he won’t do it he’s gonna go backwards.
Ok, this is rubbish. His Dad was a right handed shooter

How is there not a thread with a poll for where BS is in season 2021/2022
Hard to know where Brian Scalabrine will be. So many possibilities.

djboonie

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Unbelievable finish in the Suns v Clippers game.

Perfect inbound pass to alley oop with 0.9 on the clock. The angle on the pass was perfect.

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

Attachments

• 8046DE8B-6376-4D97-BE56-E0CF05E72947.png
    8046DE8B-6376-4D97-BE56-E0CF05E72947.png
    186.3 KB · Views: 35
Oct 26, 2009
Gold Coast Suns
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Whomever is reigning NBA champion

Great article here.

Did I read this right?

Rich Paul his agent (Dodgy best friend of Lebron) had him change his shooting coach to Rich Pauls brother???

WTF????

As if Rich Pauls brother happens to be the best qualified shooting coach in the world. :):):):):):):)

Did I read this right?

Rich Paul his agent (Dodgy best friend of Lebron) had him change his shooting coach to Rich Pauls brother???

WTF????

As if Rich Pauls brother happens to be the best qualified shooting coach in the world. :):):):):):):)
No, it was to Ben's half brother who's a college coach.

Everyone predicting the sweep. Yes for Atlanta over Bucks.
All jokes aside, this Hawks team is ridiculous.
No jokes aside, I have reported this post for being in the wrong thread.

Back