NCAA 2021 - NCAA - Week 14 [Championship Weekend]

Remove this Banner Ad

To say I am seething is an understatement and this loss falls squarely on Kirby's shoulders. This post from someone on Reddit sums it up:

"At what point is Kirby held accountable? Firing him is ridiculous, he’s great, but can’t the AD, President, boosters etc pull him aside and tell him to stop the bullshit or he’s gone? He recruits 5 stars at every position, millions of dollars are pumped into the program for him to piss it away on subpar QB play… year after year. It’s insane."

We all knew Stetson would not be able to get it done against the best teams but Kirby being the stubborn campaigner that he is refused to do anything about it. To not even give Daniels half a game in the lead up to this game against sh*t campaigners you are beating by 30+ once he is healthy again is inexcusable. You give the guy snaps incase he is needed. If you basically abandon the run at half-time, why the fu** would you not put in your QB that infinitely better in the passing game? The only thing Stetson has over JT is scrambling but we didn't even really use that much. The pass on 4th and 9 instead of going for the field goal was just plain ******* stupid. We were down by 2 scores, not 5. Just take the 3 and see what you can do in the last quarter. Don't even get me started on the 2 interceptions- particularly the pick 6. This isn't me hating on Bennett. I love the bloke and he has been great for us this season but he is not an elite QB. There is a reason why every man and his dog have been saying all season that he will not be the one to lead us to a championship.

The defence were the worst I have seen in years. Giving up easy 3rd downs and too many busted coverages is where the defence really fell down. Kirby said our secondary isn't as good as last year and we haven't played an elite offence to see how good they actually are. Well, he got his answer. You can excuse the deep TD's as that was speed that killed us. Busted coverages leaving their best receivers open multiple times is not excusable. The lack of pressure on Young was mind-boggling and when we managed to get to him we kept slipping off him. Watching the 2nd quarter I had a feeling the piss poor defence in that quarter was going to come back and bite us.

If we somehow make it into the CFP and play Bama again, I hope Kirby has learned his ******* lesson and stops coaching like we are playing against some sh*t 2nd division school.

Some good points about JT not getting reps.

Saban has pulled his QBs in big moments with Tua for Hurts in the CFP, then had to replace Hurts for Tua in the SEC Championship - both against Georgia, and both swallowing up 2 score leads.

Here's your chance to fight fire with fire and repay the favour.

I fail to see how anyone can justify Georgia dropping to 4 when they lost to the number 3 team and Cincinnati started at 4.

The rankings should be the rankings not manipulation to get certain matchups.
I think we go
1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Georgia
4. Cincinnati

Only question I have is whether Michigan's destruction of Iowa is enough to keep them infront of Alabama.

Whatever the decision, the committee will keep the SEC apart
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they just make the semi-final a rematch of the SEC Championship so we get a new and unique championship game.
Dont want Georgia-Alabama becoming the new Clemson-Alabama

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they just make the semi-final a rematch of the SEC Championship so we get a new and unique championship game.
Dont want Georgia-Alabama becoming the new Clemson-Alabama
On the other hand they could keep them apart as a poison pill to get the others to vote for expansion at the next talk.

I think we go
1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Georgia
4. Cincinnati

Only question I have is whether Michigan's destruction of Iowa is enough to keep them infront of Alabama.
That seems to be the way all the experts have it.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Nice fake slide by the QB on the opening play from this highlights package...

campaigner move. that kind of s**t will get QB slide protection taken away and make QB's free hits on slides.

Reckless n the slide thing should be removed. If youre gonna turn yourself into a runner, should be fair game.
Too many QB's are doing a Brady slide with studs up towards the defenders knees. should be free hit for that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're looking to throw the flags for any contact on the QB. You run, you're fair game. If you want protection then slide so early you've ground to a halt before the defenders are anywhere near you
Simpler to just remove the slide. And sucked in to all the QBs who turn to runners because they already get so much protection in the pocket. If anywhere soft, fair enough in the pocket.

Simpler to just remove the slide. And sucked in to all the QBs who turn to runners because they already get so much protection in the pocket. If anywhere soft, fair enough in the pocket.
hard to remove the slide in college when you are down as soon as you touch the turf. there is no need for defender contact to call you down.

campaigner move. that kind of sh*t will get QB slide protection taken away and make QB's free hits on slides.
Or they go the other way
"Unsportsmanlike penalty on the QB. Feigning being down to exploit the defenders"

I'd prefer that tbh.

I hate that fake slide so much. If one of the defenders hit him there they absolutely would have been flagged. They need to change the rule so an aborted motion to slide stops the play where it happens.

I'm of the opinion that the onus needs to be on the QB to slide early. If they want to slide late and take advantage of the QB contact rules, they should be fair game. The Kiko Alonso hit on Joe Flacco should have been legal, for example.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back