NCAA 2021 - NCAA - Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

you dont need to target the head or neck. thats just one of the 4 markers they look for along with lowering the head to make contact, launching or defenseless player.

If he got him a couple of inches higher it could of been catastrophic for both players.

The inconstant rulings of the rule are what piss most people off, but this was the right call based on what they want taken out of the game. But then you get into the debate about if it should be an ejection or what level of force is needed for an ejection [which is part of why the rule was changed to make it easier for the refs and all targeting calls are ejections. You always get some bad calls that are missed and some that feel harsh to be ejected for.

Should only be an ejection if you target the head.

That kicker should never tackle anyone again if that is his form, and for his own safety. That "technique" is what paralysed Ryan Shazier

Not disputing this. If you want to tackle like a moron that's up to you however,

No. because its also there to prevent serious issues with the player making the hit and concussions by whiplash.

we can debate this more tomorrow, because im going to bed. but i think there were worse hits misssed over the weekend, and that its harsh to get ejected for. but thats the rule. because before the rule there was some serious headhunting and refs lost control of games because all they had was 15 yds. you cant fine players and rarely did players get suspended after the fact for even the worst hits.

No. because its also there to prevent serious issues with the player making the hit and concussions by whiplash.

we can debate this more tomorrow, because im going to bed. but i think there were worse hits misssed over the weekend, and that its harsh to get ejected for. but thats the rule. because before the rule there was some serious headhunting and refs lost control of games because all they had was 15 yds. you cant fine players and rarely did players get suspended after the fact for even the worst hits.

100% spot on refs missing lowering of the head to batter people so calls like this - which are correct in the rules - make people so mad. Consistency is the key. Toss everyone that lowers the head, it will stop happening

Yeah, the good old days! No UFC, euro soccer qualifiers, tennis replays
Well it was 1 week only. UFC again then then MLB postseason starts. and then NBA/NHL back. there will sadly be weeks later in the year where there is no games on in the 10am/12pm blocks

Well it was 1 week only. UFC again then then MLB postseason starts. and then NBA/NHL back. there will sadly be weeks later in the year where there is no games on in the 10am/12pm blocks

I hate chrome casting the games to the TV. Surprised I haven't seen anyone talk about ESPNs new in commercial break graphic with the fake crowd noise on a ten second loop, so s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back