Sunday October 17
Oklahoma State @ Texas 3AM FOX
Michigan State @ Indiana 3AM FS1
Auburn @ Arkansas 3AM CBS
Kentucky @ Georgia 6:30AM CBS
Fresno State @ Wyoming 6:30AM FS2
UCLA @ Washington 11:30AM FOX
Air Force @ Boise State 12PM FS1

Colley Matrix (1 of the 6 computers used for old BCS format) has the conferences ranked as

1. SEC
2. BigTen
3. Big XII
4. ACC
5. MWC
6. AAC
Independents
7. SBC
8. Pac-12
9. MAC
10. C-USA

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
And we're back to no coverage in australia for the rest of the year

Ah well, seeing the BYU game was worth it
Yeah its looking like that for the next bit. once the Baseball finished it might pick up a bit. but NBA saturday night games tend to take over, and it also seems like there is a UFC even every week right now.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah its looking like that for the next bit. once the Baseball finished it might pick up a bit. but NBA saturday night games tend to take over, and it also seems like there is a UFC even every week right now.

Will never understand Australia's obsession with basketball compared to American Football. For some reason it is sold as the biggest deal in the country. CFB is arguably the most entertaining sport there is.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
i can understand basketball. UFC not so much. i used to love it back in highschool. back when they did like 5 events a year. then with TUF it started to explode and oversaturation killed it for me.

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
Colley Matrix (1 of the 6 computers used for old BCS format) has the conferences ranked as

1. SEC
2. BigTen
3. Big XII
4. ACC
5. MWC
6. AAC
Independents
7. SBC
8. Pac-12
9. MAC
10. C-USA

Ok State at 4. Wake Forest and SMU ahead of Bama 🙃. Colley is a touch whack.

Screenshot_20211011-211754.png

I also rated Matrix the worst as I hate how he goes "FCS Group 1"
But he has some small things on his website I love

1) It has a conference vs conference table showing every single game and w/l OOC
2) It has a 'replace game x with game y' feature - This allows you to see what a few games difference would make. Example, if Boise were 6-0 they'd be #1 in the rankings right now

Just keep winning BYU and Oklahoma State

If you go 11-1 and 13-0 respectively, Surely even if we go 10-3 we're ranked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
i can understand basketball. UFC not so much. i used to love it back in highschool. back when they did like 5 events a year. then with TUF it started to explode and oversaturation killed it for me.

Oh don't get me wrong, I get basketball. But the popularity levels are just out of whack in Australia for some reason. There's no way some random boring predictable early season game should be on over a sport where every game actually matters. I'll watch a bit of it after the football ends and there's nothing on.

I like UFC too, but you're probably right re: over saturation. I'll try to keep up with whats going on for a while, then will talk to someone about UFC and they'll talk about all these blokes I've never heard of and it's just too much.

Im sure I've said this before, but eh, I'll say it again as it came to the forefront of my mind after watching this video. The College Football Playoff SUCKS... - YouTube

My solution.

Shorten the regular season by 1 week and change it from a 12 game season to an 11 game season (I want to turn Thanksgiving into the conference championship weekend as it could be perfect for tv without clashing with the NFL)

Thanksgiving weekend
Friday (21 states observe this as a holiday)
12pm - ACC (Boston College fans might have to take the day off work)
2:30pm - C-USA (Louisiana Tech, UAB and Southern Miss fans might ahve to take the day off work)
5pm - Big XII (BYU and Cincinnati fans might have to take the day off work)
7:30pm - AAC (Tulane fans might have to take the day off work)
10pm - Pac-12 (Arizona, Arizona State, Utah and Colorado fans might have to take the day off work)

Saturday
12pm - BigTen (3 teams wouldnt have the Friday off inc Ohio State and Wisconsin)
2:30pm - MAC (7 teams wouldnt have the Friday off inc 6/6 of the East division)
5pm - SEC (7 teams wouldn't have the Friday off inc 6/7 of the East division)
7:30pm - SBC (5 teams wouldnt have the Friday off inc 4/5 of the West division)
10pm - MWC (5 teams wouldn't have the Friday off inc 5/6 of the Mountain division)

Now, the playoff, expand it to 12 teams, INCLUDING all conference championships.
Now, by giving so few At large spots (2), it makes the conference slate a whole lot more important. Admittedly, at the expense of OOC, but I feel that's a small sacrifice to make if it allows greater parity in college football - Easier for schools not named Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Clemson and Georgia to recruit. Those 5 come back to the pack a little, the rest rise, and adds the importance into conference games. Afterall, do you have better odds taking one of 4 spots of 130 schools, or takings one of 2 spots out of 120 schools?

You have just exponentially made the conference championships more important, and effectively turned them into qualifying games themselves. (You would have to be very lucky to make it from there, especially with schools like Notre Dame indy and a good chance of not souring their record with a L that weekend.

I would then have the 1st round (5 vs 12, 6 vs 11, 7 vs 10, 8 vs 9) on campus.
Then rotate the NY6 bowl games between 1/4 finals and 1/2 finals.

Probably keep the same pairings (Rose/Sugar, Peach/Fiesta, Orange/Cotton)

Quarter finals on the Friday/Saturday before christmas (or inc. Christmas if it falls on a Saturday)
1 game Friday Night.
then go 12pm, 4pm, 8pm on the Saturday

Semi Finals on New Years Day

Then the National Championship is the 2nd Monday of the year (I would love it to be Saturday, but NFL playoffs, shucks)

My only question is where do I place the 2 at large schools, there's a good chance they'll be better than most of those playing on the 1st weekend, but I feel because they didn't win their conference they shouldn't get a free ride either, so Seeds 1-10 are the conference champs and 11-12 are the at large (similar to how a 7-9 Seahawks can host an 11-5 Saints), I honestly feel forcing them on the road will create better matches and a more entertaining product.

So here's 2019 (With my tips)

1. LSU idle
2. Ohio State idle
3. Clemson idle
4. Oklahoma idle
5. Oregon def. 12. Baylor (Game played in Eugene)
11. Georgia def. 6. Memphis (Game played in Memphis)
7. Boise State def. 10. Miami (Oh) (Game played in Boise)
8. Appalachian State def. 9. Florida Atlantic (Game played in Boone)

Quarter Finals (Orange Bowl Friday Night)
Cotton Bowl 1. LSU def. 8. Appalachian State
Peach Bowl 2. Ohio State def. 7. Boise State
Orange Bowl 11. Georgia def. 3. Clemson
Fiesta Bowl 5. Oregon def. 4. Oklahoma

Semi Finals
Sugar Bowl 1. LSU def. 5. Oregon
Rose Bowl 11. Georgia def. 2. Ohio State

National Championship
1. LSU def 11. Georgia

I do know people will look at those quarters and say, Appalachian State? Boise State? Them in the Quarter Finals? Pfft, they dont deserve to be there. Right now I agree with you. But this new setup will imo, contract the gap we have atm. Those 2010-11 Boise State teams could have won it all had 2 kicks been good (well, 2010 wouldn't have, would've been stuck in the Rose Bowl vs Wisconsin - But make the fg vs TCU and we probably have an LSU vs Boise State national championship game - I'm serious, look at the polls and computers. We were that close to the ultimate buster) if teams pre-playoff could compete with the best, be it Boise, be it Utah, be it TCU. What's to mean giving back that opportunity wont bring it back.

The current "Plus-1" system they implemented for the current CFP has ruined what made College football great. Not directly, but it has indirectly.

looking at week 8.

0 games on ESPN on the Sunday. not even gameday.
UFC event, NBA game, 2 NHL games, 2 MLB Games [NCLS game 6 and ALCS game 7]
Looks like im watching through the iPad this week.

looking at week 8.

0 games on ESPN on the Sunday. not even gameday.
UFC event, NBA game, 2 NHL games, 2 MLB Games [NCLS game 6 and ALCS game 7]
Cant they send UFC to Main Event like they used to?
Can they just do a 10 minute red button feature for the end of the NBA when it reaches the final 2 minutes and actually worth watching (Basketball is the most boring of the Big 4 sports. 46 minutes of boredom, then 2 minutes of entertainment, and even then, you need the teams to be exhausted out of timeouts for it to even flow)
As much as I like NHL and the Sabres are on a roll (yeah yeah, 1 game in, but cmon, havn't had much to cheer for Buffalo wise in my time supporting them) surely there's better ratings fr college football?
And dont be shocked if the MLB is doneby then anyway,Astros will cheat to win in 5 (MAYBE 6) and the Dodgers will wipe the floor with the Braves (5 will be lucky)

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I would like to think more people would watch CFB over NBA or MLB but doubt it.

It would of been Ohio St/Indiana or Tennessee/Alabama in the 10am slot. Luckly the slate of games doesnt look that good. but it still sucks pushing us to streaming most weeks.

SDSU-SJSU sounds boring

Punt
Fumble
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Field Goal
Field Goal
Punt
Punt