NFL 2021 - New HC/GM/Assistants Thread

In the past, Randle El had complained of memory issues and said he wished he never played football, but that was half a decade ago. He is clearly doing better.
So why is he still involved? Surely he’d to be doing a coaching job if he already has head/memory issues

Apparently got better??
Has that condition been known to improve? I’ve had memory issues the older I’ve got and never had a concussion in my life. Given out a few...hey hey..tough guy here.....hey

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Has that condition been known to improve? I’ve had memory issues the older I’ve got and never had a concussion in my life. Given out a few...hey hey..tough guy here.....hey
I have bad memory loss, but since ive been sleeping better, eating better, and taking a LITTLE vitamin/mineral supplements due to probably malnutrition in the past, ive found my memory improved. But again, no concussions from football etc, so dunno

I have bad memory loss, but since ive been sleeping better, eating better, and taking a LITTLE vitamin/mineral supplements due to probably malnutrition in the past, ive found my memory improved. But again, no concussions from football etc, so dunno
I think the concussion impact such as cte leads to an actual physical deterioration of the brain as the autopsies of past players has found. So not sure that things improve much for legit cases

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Vikings hired ex-Raiders DC Paul Guenther as a senior defensive assistant.
Guenther was fired as the Raiders' DC before the end of this past season but now links back up with coach Mike Zimmer after the two spent 2008-13 together with the Bengals. Guenther actually replaced Zimmer as the Bengals' DC when Zimmer was hired in Minnesota, so the two know each other well. It should be a seamless transition for Guenther.
RELATED:
Feb 10, 2021, 3:40 PM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Chiefs LBs coach Britt Reid is no longer employed with the team.
Reid was suspended while under investigation for a DUI crash that left two children hospitalized, and the Chiefs have since let his contract expire after the Super Bowl. He is facing jail time and won't coach in the NFL again. The organization is in touch with the victims' family and is offering "support and resources."
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Feb 10, 2021, 7:45 PM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bears hired ex-Packers DC Mike Pettine as a senior defensive assistant.
Pettine was let go after the Packers' playoff loss, as Green Bay refused to renew his expiring contract and replaced him with former Rams assistant Joe Barry. 54-year-old Pettine will be an experienced sounding board for fresh DC Sean Desai, who will be calling the defensive plays for the first time in his coaching career after being promoted from safeties coach to replace Chuck Pagano.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Feb 10, 2021, 5:17 PM ET

Vikings hired Klint Kubiak as offensive coordinator.
The NFL's cocoon remains undefeated. Klint Kubiak, 33, will take over for his father, Gary Kubiak, who retired last month after one season as the team's offensive coordinator and 36 years as a coach in the league (including 10 years as a head coach). Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer reportedly wanted to keep the team's offense in place, so the younger Kubiak will allow Kirk Cousins and company to keep the same offensive language and concepts in 2021. Klint spent two seasons as the Vikings' quarterbacks coach after three seasons as Denver's QBs coach. Cousins, Justin Jefferson, Adam Thielan, Dalvin Cook, and Irv Smith give Gary's kid one of the NFL's best skill position groups. Receivers coach Andrew Janocko is expected to become Minnesota's QBs coach.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Feb 8, 2021, 9:23 AM ET

Yes nepotism is alive and good to see the Vikes leaving no stone unturned in making life as easy as possible for Cousins.....about the last thing they could do to help now is bring in Kyle Shanahan as a consultant.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
49ers hired former NFL WR Leonard Hankerson as offensive Quality Control coach.
Hankerson was initially drafted by Mike Shanahan in Washington in 2011 and played under Kyle Shanahan, OC at the time, until the latter was hired for the same role in Cleveland in 2014. Hankerson, 32, was previously an assistant wide receivers coach at Stephen F. Austin State University.
SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter
Feb 11, 2021, 12:04 PM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jaguars hired strength and conditioning coach Chris Doyle.
Doyle is best known as an Iowa strength and conditioning coach who allegedly used racist language and whose workouts put more than a dozen Iowa players in the hospital during his two decades at the university. Doyle received a $1.11 million contract buyout in June 2020 after racial bias accusations surfaced, and will now join a coaching staff in a league where nearly seven in ten players are black. Last June, former Iowa defensive back Diauntae Morrow tweeted, "Doyle made a comment about sending back to the GHETTO." Former Hawkeyes linebacker Terrance Pryor alleged Doyle told him, "Maybe you should take up rowing or something, you know? Oh wait, Black people don't like boats in water, do they?" ESPN's Adam Schefter said Jaguars head coach Urban Meyer "vetted his hire, and he is confident there will be no issues with Doyle." Meyer's backing of a coach with a well-documented racist history could make the Jaguars a less desirable landing spot for free agents this offseason.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Feb 11, 2021, 2:49 PM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sick hire for a siiiiick organization....

Bucs hired Thaddeus Lewis as wide receivers coach.
Lewis, who played for the Browns and Bills -- starting five games for Buffalo in 2013 -- will replace Antwaan Randle El as Tampa's wide receivers coach. Randle El signed as receivers coach with the Lions. In Tampa, Lewis will work with one of the NFL's premiere wideout duos in Chris Godwin and Mike Evans, assuming Godwin re-signs with the Bucs in the coming months. Tom Brady's return and head coach Bruce Arians' stated desire to keep Godwin in the fold make him unlikely to leave Tampa in free agency.
SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter
Feb 11, 2021, 4:23 PM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
111cfe0.jpg

Back