Test 2021 New Zealand Tour of England (2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little bit of depth on the NZ roster.

Must be nice 🙃

As a Black Caps supporter it's bloody nice, 6 changes for this test and we are still competitive, best NZ test squad I've ever seen.

In the old days if we lost the likes of Williamson, Watling and Southee we would be struggling but now we bring in Young, Blundell and Boult.

We'll miss Ross when he goes. Especially him depositing the length ball 20 rows back over the midwicket boundary
World class player

Excellent effort from the Kiwis too. Great to see Will Young getting some runs too. He's got some talent, but been a bit unlucky with injury robbing him of a year of cricket just when he was primed to make a splash

Read years ago that Martin Crowe and Ross spent a lot of time planning his career/setting goals and a big part of it was him aiming to score 20 Test tons across his career. He's currently on 19.

It should be pretty emotional if he gets there tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see a minimum 100 run lead to the Black Caps which is putting them in the driving seat.

We'll miss Ross when he goes.
Has been a good servant of Kiwi cricket but you can see those sublime powers starting to wane. He was pretty mediocre against us last time round.

Last edited:
Has been a good servant of Kiwi cricket but you can see those sublime powers starting to wane. He was pretty mediocre against us last time round.
He's fighting hard here, toughing it.

Bracey is dead-set the worse keeper I've seen in international cricket. Excluding those Pakistani keepers "dropping" catches of course.

Best to do what we do, always have at least two (Blundell/Latham in this test) in the team and sometimes up to four! (Latham, Ronchi, McCullum, Watling in one test)
Ollie Pope is also a keeper

Best to do what we do, always have at least two (Blundell/Latham in this test) in the team and sometimes up to four! (Latham, Ronchi, McCullum, Watling in one test)
To be fair there was a time when they had a bunch of keepers in the side too, but with no Buttler and Foakes' freak injury, it has come to this.

Thing is though they should have called up a gloveman, not a batsman who keeps a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back