NFL 2021 NFL - Divisional Weekend

Divisional Winners?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The OT solution is simple, if a team scores a FG, the opponent can win with a TD. If a team scores a TD, the opponent needs a TD to keep playing. If Team 1 scores a 2nd OT TD, Team 2 must score another TD to keep playing. Keep going until there is a winner.

There's no need for OT in the regular season so scrap it. A tie is a legitimate result and OT doesn't always resolve this anyway. I've never got the point of playing a whole game that ends in a tie, so we have OT to break the tie - but if it's still a tie after OT then it's a tie. Makes no sense, either you demand a winner or you just settle on a tie.

No? Mahomes has 13 seconds on the clock to take it to fg range otherwise they lose? With my rules suggestions they would have kicked the fg to tie and Bills would have started with possession

No, I'm using a scenario where the game is tied instead and Mahomes takes his time to get the winning TD and Allen still doesn't get a position so it ends up just like yesterdays game anyway.

Thats what people are complaining about, Allen still doesn't get a position and people would instead complain that Mahomes had all the time he wanted instead of the 13 seconds remaining.

Was definitely the play of the game Bills-Chiefs imo....that Tyreek catch and run for the TD, immense game-chanhing speed.

McDermott saying will be a focus of the Bills in the off-season to increase speed on both O and D.

Think we'll continue to see teams do that....many did in the draft last couple years, trying to find their own Tyreek Hill.

Art Rooney II “not opposed to considering a change” to playoff OT rules

Posted by Josh Alper on January 25, 2022, 11:01 AM EST

The Chiefs’ win over the Bills in the divisional round of the playoffs has revived debate about whether the NFL’s overtime rules for the postseason should change in order to allow for both teams to possess the ball regardless of how the first possession turns out.

Chiefs head coach Andy Reid showed support for such a change on Monday, which is no surprise given the Chiefs proposed that tweak a few years ago. That proposal didn’t pass, obviously, but it could come up again this offseason and Steelers owner Art Rooney II said that he’s open to that possibility.

“I am not opposed to considering a change to the overtime rule to allow both teams one possession prior to it being sudden death,” Rooney said, via Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “I would only want to consider that change for the playoffs.”

Rooney said he would want the NFL Competition Committee to review any proposed changes before he’d make a final decision on a proposed change. For now, that amendment and that decision are purely hypothetical matters but things could be more concrete later in the offseason.

Bills-Chiefs draws 42.7 million viewers, most for divisional round in five years

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 25, 2022, 10:49 AM EST

A huge audience was watching the Chiefs’ thrilling overtime win over the Bills on Sunday night.

CBS announced an audience of 42.7 million viewers for the game. That number represents the average audience at any given time during the game; the audience peaked at 51.7 million viewers during overtime.

The last time an NFL game other than the Super Bowl or a conference championship game drew a larger audience was five years ago, when the Packers’ last-second win over the Cowboys in the divisional round drew 48.5 million viewers.

The NFL has increasingly distanced itself from everything else on American television, and it’s likely that nothing else on television in 2022 will outdraw Bills-Chiefs, except the conference championship games and Super Bowl LVI.

How does that set them apart from the other team that also failed to win in regulation?

I'm done with this.

You don't get a free pass because your defense ain't up to it.

Bad luck Bills. Move on.

Simple solution just play a full ****

Was definitely the play of the game Bills-Chiefs imo....that Tyreek catch and run for the TD, immense game-chanhing speed.

McDermott saying will be a focus of the Bills in the off-season to increase speed on both O and D.

Think we'll continue to see teams do that....many did in the draft last couple years, trying to find their own Tyreek Hill.
McKinnon and Hill are two great options to have,that gives the Chiefs an edge over the other teams left and of course Mahomes,a fantastic QB.
Let's see what tactics the Bengal's D uses to try to stop those two.

I'm done with this.

You don't get a free pass because your defense ain't up to it.

Bad luck Bills. Move on.

You should have been done when you ceased making interesting points, like 10 pages ago.

The Chiefs got a free pass with a defense that aint up to it, so apparently you do- as long as you win a coin toss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bills-Chiefs draws 42.7 million viewers, most for divisional round in five years

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 25, 2022, 10:49 AM EST

A huge audience was watching the Chiefs’ thrilling overtime win over the Bills on Sunday night.

CBS announced an audience of 42.7 million viewers for the game. That number represents the average audience at any given time during the game; the audience peaked at 51.7 million viewers during overtime.

The last time an NFL game other than the Super Bowl or a conference championship game drew a larger audience was five years ago, when the Packers’ last-second win over the Cowboys in the divisional round drew 48.5 million viewers.

The NFL has increasingly distanced itself from everything else on American television, and it’s likely that nothing else on television in 2022 will outdraw Bills-Chiefs, except the conference championship games and Super Bowl LVI.

I wonder what the other 10% were watching. and if any of them were watching the Rams game and left the TV on when they went to Arrowhead.

You should have been done when you ceased making interesting points, like 10 pages ago.

The Chiefs got a free pass with a defense that aint up to it, so apparently you do- as long as you win a coin toss.

It's like a broken wind up doll.

No, I'm using a scenario where the game is tied instead and Mahomes takes his time to get the winning TD and Allen still doesn't get a position so it ends up just like yesterdays game anyway.

Thats what people are complaining about, Allen still doesn't get a position and people would instead complain that Mahomes had all the time he wanted instead of the 13 seconds remaining.
Yeah okay - like I said previously if a team puts themselves in position to win with an easy TD after the clocks gone past zero then that’s just good game management and they deserve the win - trying to hold onto possession late in a tied game so you can find yourself in that possession is full of risk, you get stopped and now the other team is in that winning position.

No in your situation Allen doesn’t get a possession, but at least off current game situation KC deserved that drive. If KC are already driving towards the RZ and then score, albeit after the clocks ran out then they deserve the win and it doesn’t matter that Allen didn’t get a possession. My problem is that the way that game played out is KC had the last drive in regular time and then because of the flip of the coin got the next drive too! That’s the problem! In my rule suggestion there’s no flip of the coin no luck of the draw, everything happens because of current game situation

Even just simplify it, if team A has the last drive to tie, team B starts with possession. If the scores are 0-0 at the end of the 4th if team A had the last drive when clock hits 0, team B start with possession?

Goes along with the flow of the game - ie you don’t have a situation where a team is down 3 points, scores on their final drive to tie and then wins the coin toss to drive again and scores a TD and it’s game over. KC have scored 10 points in a row before Allen has had a chance with the ball? Not fair

Last edited:
He is good to listen to in some ways and not so good in others.

He jumps on and off teams every week and never commits to an opinion.

I listen to Simmons and Sal every week during the NFL season - granted their insight isn't always the best but it's a fun podcast (mainly due to Sal) and you get the fan/gamblers excitement.

The only other NFL podcast I listen to every week is the GM Shuffle with Mike Lombardi. Love his insight and his Soprano references though I know there will be plenty who think he's full of s**t half the time.

I also have the Athletic Football show with Robert Mays and the Bill Barnwell shows in my feed but haven't had time to listen to them much this year. They're usually good for off/pre-season stuff as they can be quite informative.

I haven't really found a good Jets podcast though there are heaps out there. The Athletic one is ok but the Jets reporter Connor Hughes is a massive w***er so I can't listen that often.

I listen to Simmons and Sal every week during the NFL season - granted their insight isn't always the best but it's a fun podcast (mainly due to Sal) and you get the fan/gamblers excitement.

Yeah, It's a must listen from me every week. It's 2 guys who love the game just chewing the fat, they say some interesting stuff and other stuff they get completely wrong. I think it's meant to be taken pretty light hearted.

I also enjoy that pod he does with the guy for million dollar picks, that guy seems to have very good intel on the teams and gossip around the league.

Two fans are accused of using fake vaccination cards to attend Bills’ playoff game

Posted by Mike Florio on January 26, 2022, 7:02 PM EST

Here’s another reason why Antonio Brown would be wise to keep his head low and his mouth closed.

Brown, who was suspended three game by the NFL for procuring and using a fake vaccination card, still could be prosecuted for the infraction. And it’s something that could indeed happen.

Via WKBW.com, a husband and wife from West Seneca, New York face felony charges for using a face vaccination card to enter the Bills playoff game on January 15.

Michael Naab, 34, and Amber Naab, 37, have beed charged with one count of criminal possession of a forged instrument in the second degree. These are state charges, fueled by a New York law passed in December.

“This legislation makes it clear that presenting a fake vaccine card, with the intent to defraud another person or entity, is a crime,” Eric County district attorney John J. Fynn said. “I am committed to keeping the residents of Erie County safe, which includes upholding laws related to public health. These two defendants are accused of using a fake vaccine card to intentionally violate the rules at the stadium, potentially putting the health of other fans at risk. As I have stated before, if you present a fake vaccine card, you will be prosecuted.”

The Naabs face up to seven years in prison, if convicted.

Chiefs fans donate $255,000 to Buffalo children’s hospital as show of respect

Posted by Charean Williams on January 26, 2022, 6:31 PM EST

Chiefs fans not only have big voices, they also have big hearts.

Taking a page out of Bills Mafia’s playbook, Chiefs Kingdom is donating money to Oishei Children’s Hospital in Buffalo as a show of respect to Josh Allen and the Bills. As of Wednesday night, fans had contributed more than $255,000.

Donations began arriving at the hospital on Tuesday in increments of $13, via Alaina Getzenberg of ESPN. It took the Chiefs only 13 seconds to drive 44 yards for a game-tying field goal on the final play of regulation in the divisional-round game. The Chiefs won 42-36 on the first drive of overtime.

The idea was hatched by a Chiefs Kingdom Facebook group, which originally suggested the $13 increments go to Patrick Mahomes‘ charitable organization, the 15 and Mahomeis Foundation. But someone brought up Bills fans’ tradition of giving back not only to their own players’ charities of choice but to charities of opposing players.

Last year, Bills fans donated $1.1 million, in $17 increments, to Oishei Children’s Hospital in memory of Allen’s grandmother. It was enough money to fund the Patricia Allen Pediatric Recovery Wing and the Patricia Allen Fund to benefit the critical care team and provide support for equipment, training, education and programs.

Bills fans previously have donated to Andy Dalton‘s foundation, a food bank in Tre'Davious White‘s hometown and Lamar Jackson’s foundation.

Here is where you can donate to Oishei Children’s Hospital.

Patrick Mahomes glad Andy Reid gives players the freedom to improvise

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 26, 2022, 4:48 PM EST

Much has been made of Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce and quarterback Patrick Mahomes setting up the game-tying field goal in Sunday’s win over the Chiefs with a decision in the moment that wasn’t actually the play that had been called. Mahomes said Chiefs coach Andy Reid encourages players to do that.

“There’s a lot of that during the game,” Mahomes said. “Everybody has their input. I think that’s what makes us such a great team, a great offense, is we have communication throughout the game. Then we go out there and execute because Coach Reid gives us that freedom.”

Mahomes said the play calling isn’t always as on-the-fly as Mahomes screaming, “Do it Kelce!” at the line of scrimmage to tell Kelce to run a route he had said on the sideline he thought would be open. More often, it’s about the players looking at their tablets while the defense is on the field to see what was working and what wasn’t on the previous drive, and preparing for the next drive accordingly.

Of course, it’s easy for Reid to give the players freedom when he has players as good as Mahomes and Kelce he can count on to execute.

Back