NFL 2021 - NFL Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

To be a QB at New Orleans not named Brees...

Man this was such a bad move by saints
i love Notre Dame qbs more than most but even i know Book isn't much of a qb prospect is a good runner but his passing is average at best.

Man this was such a bad move by saints
i love Notre Dame qbs more than most but even i know Book isn't much of a qb prospect is a good runner but his passing is average at best.

That's the offence I feel like they might be trying to run with Hill and Winston - I think we've seen Peyton's willingness to try different gadgets from the QB, his limitation was one of the greatest QBs of all time being a pocket passer.

I could see this being a triple option base offence where the QB only has a single passing read before progressing to the 2nd option of whether to hand off or scramble himself. They have 3 QBs in the building that lend themselves well to that, and as I say we've already seen what Peyton wants to do. In that scenario, I could see the "starter" being whoever happens to take the first snap on that particular week.

The Raiders' draft continues to stink. They barely mentioned him on tv, DJs jacket was more important, but I looked pretty hard at Gillespie and I think they've just spent a 4th rounder on a mediocre special teams player.

The Raiders' draft continues to stink. They barely mentioned him on tv, DJs jacket was more important, but I looked pretty hard at Gillespie and I think they've just spent a 4th rounder on a mediocre special teams player.
They also have now drafted three safeties this draft....after drafting about 13 other safeties the last few drafts. Just terrible management.

Dunno about that one. Gainwell was probably BPA at this point, but I'm not sure it's an area we needed to target. I tend to think that if you're not taking one of the stud RBs then you just have to work a little harder, cos you can find them on the street. I'm not a fan of using mid-round picks on them, especially when they're no guarantee to even make the 53.

I kind of like that Bears pick too - I like that there's still a place in the NFL for guys like Borom. He's just a ******* massive wall masquerading as a guard. No agility, no tricks whatsoever, just "I'm enormous, see if you can get through me."

I'm loving the s**t out of the Bears draft.

KICKER ALERT!!!!!!
Bengals selected Florida K Evan McPherson with the No. 149 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.
McPherson is the first kicker off the board, early in the fifth round. A former blue-chip kicking recruit from the 2018 prep class, McPherson (5’11/185) set state records with a 60-yard field goal and 84-yard punt in high school. As a freshman he produced immediately, converting 90 percent of his kicks with a long of 48 yards. He remained remarkably consistent in 2019, making the same amount of kicks (17-of-19) as he did the year prior while 51 of his 80 kickoffs ended up in the end zone. In 2020, his conversion rate dipped to 77.3 percent, but he did make four attempts of 50 or more yards while his kickoff touchback rate dropped to 50 percent. Though his production wasn’t up to his usual standards in 2020, McPherson’s talent is evident in his career 85 percent conversion rate. McPherson should be viewed as the favorite to win the Bengals' kicker gig over Austin Seibert.
May 1, 2021, 2:06 PM ET

Even by o-linemen standards, the Jaylon Moore highlights they just showed on NFL network was genuinely the most underwhelming set of highlights I've ever seen during a draft. They had one "highlight" of him pushing off a tackle with one hand who wasn't even trying to engage him or get to the QB.

I'm not sure I've ever wanted to see a player succeed so much based on random s**t than Isaiah Loudermilk. What a name!

There'd better be a bottle of milk on the sidelines for him to drink Kurt Angle-style if he ever scores off a strip sack or INT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're not even half way through today and we've already reached the heartbreak hill of coverage where the commentators are bored, tired and disinterested and it's really hard to watch.

I was going to go through the 6th round with the Eagles having 4 picks, but having done day 3 of the draft once or twice before, it doesn't get better when the commentators get to this point, it only gets worse.

At least I went with NFL network, which is eminently more tolerable than the day 3 faux-argument/drama bullshit with Kiper and McShay that I'm sure ESPN are already doing.

This coverage sucks. Why are they talking about how Mac Jones fits into the Pats offence when there's a friggen draft going on!

I totally missed LeCounte going to Cleveland, I really like that as a landing spot to him. And for Cleveland? How quickly you can stack your roster - LeCounte is the kind of potentially high-ceiling guy that you're better able to take risks on when your roster is heaving.

Glad I kept going to watch the Eagles 4 6th round picks to not be able to see them. Honestly, why the * do we have an NFL network?

In further bad news I've lost the phone that I'm streaming from, so I can't even see whether ESPN is any better.

Has Trey Smith evaporated? Him and Washington are about the last 2 guys I care about. Though I'm also a bit surprised that Surratt and Marvin Wilson are still there.

There's still a couple of bargains to be had. (I likely won't see them though, as I'm about to curl up on the couch.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back