NFL 2021 - NFL Draft Discussion

I'm beginning to wonder if the Vikings were subtly trolling the Jets with the picks they got from trading pick 14. The picks ended up like this:

New York Jets, Pick 14 - Alijah Vera-Tucker OG

Minnesota Vikings, Pick 23 - Christian Darrisaw OT, Pick 66 - Kellen Mond QB, Pick 86 - Wyatt Davis OG

Of course the Jets would have never taken Mond with pick 66 because they took Wilson with pick 2, but it is interesting that the Vikings took two OL with the picks that the Jets gave up to take Vera-Tucker

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm beginning to wonder if the Vikings were subtly trolling the Jets with the picks they got from trading pick 14. The picks ended up like this:

New York Jets, Pick 14 - Alijah Vera-Tucker OG

Minnesota Vikings, Pick 23 - Christian Darrisaw OT, Pick 66 - Kellen Mond QB, Pick 86 - Wyatt Davis OG

Of course the Jets would have never taken Mond with pick 66 because they took Wilson with pick 2, but it is interesting that the Vikings took two OL with the picks that the Jets gave up to take Vera-Tucker
Great bit of businesses from the Vikings but a very strange move from the rebuilding Jets, seems a poor move to trade away 2 picks to move up and draft an interior linesman who more than likely would have been on the board at their pick anyway. He needs to be very good at the least to justify the move up

Constantgin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFG , Pacers, ND, Gunners
Can't believe Aaron Rodgers wants a long term extension from the packers he will turn 38 years old during the season and still has 2 years after this season to run on his deal. Also cbs is reporting he turned down a packers re work of his contract that wouldn't add more years but would of paid him 45 mil this season coming.

Always said one of the reason's why green bay hasn't won more superbowls is because Rodgers is always wanting to be paid as top QB in league and usually takes up between 15% to 20% of the salary cap. Hard to win when one guy takes up so much of the cap. Look at Brady always took less money so Patriots could have a better team.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's easy for Brady when his wife is worth so much more than he is.
Brady still made hundreds of millions just like many of elite QBs like Brees, Manning, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, etc. But a fire burns in him. It's not luck or fortune or whatever that one of those ended up with 7 rings and the others 1 or 2 max each.

Great bit of businesses from the Vikings but a very strange move from the rebuilding Jets, seems a poor move to trade away 2 picks to move up and draft an interior linesman who more than likely would have been on the board at their pick anyway. He needs to be very good at the least to justify the move up

He's a beast and their interior has been terrible for the past 10 years pretty much. I love the trade personally, if there is one thing a QB hates that is pressure right up the middle, protect your new franchise QB unlike you did with Darnold.... AVT will be a all pro at some point imo.

So Rodgers should stop asking for so much money now that he's engaged to a movie star?

Might work better if he asks for the opposite at this stage.

Looking at the Van Pelt, Jordy, Kumerow record 😂

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
He's a beast and their interior has been terrible for the past 10 years pretty much. I love the trade personally, if there is one thing a QB hates that is pressure right up the middle, protect your new franchise QB unlike you did with Darnold.... AVT will be a all pro at some point imo.
Nothing against the player looks like a stud, but he cost 3 picks when there was every chance he could of cost 1 and as an interior linesman I don’t think he is worth a first rounder full stop and I definitely wouldn’t trade up for one in the first.

Nothing against the player looks like a stud, but he cost 3 picks when there was every chance he could of cost 1 and as an interior linesman I don’t think he is worth a first rounder full stop and I definitely wouldn’t trade up for one in the first.

Nelson has changed my perspective on guards not being worthy of first round picks. AVT isn't Q by any means but he's pretty ******* good. Pairing him on the left side with Beacton is epic.

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nelson has changed my perspective on guards not being worthy of first round picks. AVT isn't Q by any means but he's pretty ******* good. Pairing him on the left side with Beacton is epic.
Nelson is a gun and fun to watch but I would of taken his ND teammate instead who was the next OL taken at 9, I don’t think there is the value in taking a guard that high

Exactly he will bust some holes for...

checks notes

Michael Carter

I like the Carter pick. Won't be a lead back but him and Ty Johnson are shifty and dangerous. Perrine and the ever injured Coleman handle early downs.

I like the Carter pick. Won't be a lead back but him and Ty Johnson are shifty and dangerous. Perrine and the ever injured Coleman handle early downs.
I like Carter too mate.

Kept the tread on Javonte’s tyres and helped keep him from the first round

Nelson is a gun and fun to watch but I would of taken his ND teammate instead who went the next pick, I don’t think there is the value in taking a guard that high

Some guys are tone setters for the rest of the line, Q, Schreff and AVT are those sort of guys. Well worth first round picks imo.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Brady still made hundreds of millions just like many of elite QBs like Brees, Manning, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, etc. But a fire burns in him. It's not luck or fortune or whatever that one of those ended up with 7 rings and the others 1 or 2 max each.

Luck plays a large part in it.

It was luck last year that the best LT in the league, Bhaktiari, popped his Achilles prior to the final v Tampa.

It was also (un)lucky that essentially the entire O-line for the Chiefs went down with injuries prior to the final.

The greatest strength of the Tampa team was their D-line and pass rushers (granted their QB is god-tier) and they have a great collection of receivers), as evidenced by the Superbowl game.

Back