NFL 2021 - NFL Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Herbert MVP, although always dangerous expecting a rookie to continue on form in his sophomore season.

Chargers got the talent to make it happen and take a big jump tho.

Only Fields seems humble and honest, the rest come off as knobs

It’s clear he’s the only one who plays it. Fade him, all he cares about are video games

Constantgin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFG , Pacers, ND, Gunners
It’s clear he’s the only one who plays it. Fade him, all he cares about are video games

I am the other way with this. The fact he plays enough madden shows that he knows about rookie ratings shows to me that he committed to football more than the others. If his free time is spent playing a video game about the sports he is turning pro in. But maybe that's just me.

I am the other way with this. The fact he plays enough madden shows that he knows about rookie ratings shows to me that he committed to football more than the others. If his free time is spent playing a video game about the sports he is turning pro in. But maybe that's just me.

You harm your development playing Madden.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Been a thing the last few drafts....highly touted QB who slid to the mid of the 1st has busted....Josh Rosen, Dwayne Haskins, and either Mac Jones or Justin Field (or both) could be this years version. Yes? No? I'm not talking about a Lamar Jackson, who was drafted end of the 1st, or Jordan Love. But a QB who was touted as a top 5 pick, but slid. I guess you could say a lot of teams in the top 12 picks had reservations about them related to off-field concerns, is why they slid by. They saw something that made them concerned. These GMs know something we don't, about evaluating.

So yeah, wonder who that is in 2021. I guess it would mean Justin Fields seeing as he was touted a top 5 pick? Maybe not Mac Jones because he wasn't that touted?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a thing the last few drafts....highly touted QB who slid to the mid of the 1st has busted....Josh Rosen, Dwayne Haskins, and either Mac Jones or Justin Field (or both) could be this years version. Yes? No? I'm not talking about a Lamar Jackson, who was drafted end of the 1st, or Jordan Love. But a QB who was touted as a top 5 pick, but slid. I guess you could say a lot of teams in the top 12 picks had reservations about them related to off-field concerns, is why they slid by. They saw something that made them concerned. These GMs know something we don't, about evaluating.

So yeah, wonder who that is in 2021. I guess it would mean Justin Fields seeing as he was touted a top 5 pick? Maybe not Mac Jones because he wasn't that touted?

Good point Mr.ZhiZhi , very astute observation.👍

Arguing against that, you could say Rosen and Haskins arrogance brought about a lot of their own undoing. Fields doesn't come across the same.

It's amazing the attitude difference between Rosen and Allen at the time they were drafted, and how their careers have played out since. One happy to be in the top 10, the other filthy, worried about his draft number and social status.

Constantgin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFG , Pacers, ND, Gunners
If i had to pick a qb to busted from this years draft I would pick Zach Wilson. New York is such a hard city to be a QB in.

If i had to pick a qb to busted from this years draft I would pick Zach Wilson. New York is such a hard city to be a QB in.

So you're saying if Zach becomes a gun it will be twice the accomplishment, prepare to be amazed

So you're saying if Zach becomes a gun it will be twice the accomplishment, prepare to be amazed
It is really disconcerting when we agree

It is really disconcerting when we agree

Only concern for me would be Becton going down injured and Zach copping a flogging, ruining hm before he has a chance to start.

His personality and confidence is made for New York.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back