NFL 2021 - NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hes not a lockerroom cancer. Gets on well with everyone. And a little media circus wont hurt Jacksonville's usual lack of coverage etc

No one is saying Tebow is, what I'm saying is that when you give your mates a roster spot or coaching position when they aren't qualified for it people will call you out and turn on you at the NFL level. The players earn the big bucks in the pros not the coaches. They can ruin if they want. They'll still be in the league while youll be out on your arse. See Chip Kelly. Vets can smell bs, if you lose them you lose the locker room.

And honestly, I think black players still resent Tebow to this day, not because he isn't a nice guy, but because he was drafted in the first round, while a lot of black QBs with a similar skills set can be overlooked or go much later. And this is just another example of what they will consider "white privilege"

No one is saying Tebow is, what I'm saying is that when you give your mates a roster spot or coaching position when they aren't qualified for it people will call you out and turn on you at the NFL level. The players earn the big bucks in the pros not the coaches. They can ruin if they want. They'll still be in the league while youll be out on your arse. See Chip Kelly. Vets can smell bs, if you lose them you lose the locker room.
Cronyism and nepotism are rife already in the NFL. Tebow at least is a personality and has strategic value (perhaps, if hes still got some juice left)

And honestly, I think black players still resent Tebow to this day, not because he isn't a nice guy, but because he was drafted in the first round, while a lot of black QBs with a similar skills set can be overlooked or go much later. And this is just another example of what they will consider "white privilege"
That wasn't Tebows fault, the NFL was still like that at the time, but its changed nice

That wasn't Tebows fault, the NFL was still like that at the time, but its changed nice

No one is saying it is. He's just the poster child of it. The figure people point to as an example of white privilege.

No one is saying it is. He's just the poster child of it. The figure people point to as an example of white privilege.
Not Manziel? He was even worse, had no work ethic, no leadership, whereas Tebow was a leader and worked hard etc. I am sure the minorities would look at Manziel not Tebiw for the poster child of white privilege. Also Manziel was a little boy with rich daddy privilege his whole life, Tebow was a stout Christian and did missionary work....things the minorities are usually big on too

Not Manziel? He was even worse, had no work ethic, no leadership, whereas Tebow was a leader and worked hard etc. I am sure the minorities would look at Manziel not Tebiw for the poster child of white privilege. Also Manziel was a little boy with rich daddy privilege his whole life, Tebow was a stout Christian and did missionary work....things the minorities are usually big on too
Tebow is still just a gimmick and everyone in that locker room I’m sure will be aware of it, the far right Christian lobby will eat it up but at the end of the day the guy more than likely won’t get past training camp, and previously attempting to position the minds of non Christians with his own brand of religious stupidity won’t help when the pads come on

Sure, Manziel's the posterchild of privilege, but he could at least play QB at a reasonable level whereas without the read-option and his little jump pass in goal line situations, Tebow had nothing

Sure, Manziel's the posterchild of privilege, but he could at least play QB at a reasonable level whereas without the read-option and his little jump pass in goal line situations, Tebow had nothing
Tebow won games and a playoff. So what if read option. All uour Lamar Jackson is too (when entered NFL like Tebow)

Tebow won games and a playoff. So what if read option. All uour Lamar Jackson is too (when entered NFL like Tebow)
1. The play-off game was a fluke
2. Read-option can't be the only thing you can do
3. Lamar Jackson has thrown the 5th most TDs over the last 2 years and won MVP, so he's clearly better at a lot of things than Tebow

Tebow was a below average QB for the entirety of his short career. By a number of statistics, his best year was only good enough to be the 32nd best QB in most years

How are Jag players going to feel when they’re cut or their mates are cut knowing Urban’s mate is still on board? Unless this is a giant smoke screen for Hard Knocks and he gets the arse after that

The Jags have turned what should be an exciting storyline about the development of a generational talent at QB for the football purists into a circus starring Sideshow Tebow.

Lands a frenzy grenade right in the middle of the click bait crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly Tebow is there because of covid cutbacks. Urban wanted the team preacher but he was let go as apart of cutbacks. so went to a mate who can do all the cringy bible preaching s**t americans love as much as their guns. and since the Jags were one of the teams with the most cap room he put that role under the player roster rather than staff

Still like Burrow better if his Oline doesn't get him killed. Herbert played great but some of these throws are absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
Not personally, no
I agree, don't know how many times we've seen it, TEs with hype not producing early, plus I don't think Arthur Smith utilised Jonnu Smith very well in Tennessee, not saying Pitts doesn't have more upside, but both are athletic freaks for their size so you can point to some similarities in their game.

Lot of mouths for Ryan to feed in Atlanta...

But if Jones were to be traded I'd be saying yes.
100%. Julio & Ridley will see plenty of action. Hurst no slouch either. ATL likely to run 12 personnel with Pitts/Hurst on field together more often than not. Will be 3rd/4th in line

And while Hurst is still there hell get some snaps as a better run blocker. Probably back to a similar role he played in Baltimore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back