NFL 2021 - NFL Pre-Season Discussion

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
It makes me happy that, for the most part, Nassib has been met with love and acceptance.

Compare that with a bonehead like Beasley who's had people dunking all over him for days, and it gives me a bit of hope for humanity.

It makes me happy that, for the most part, Nassib has been met with love and acceptance.

Compare that with a bonehead like Beasley who's had people dunking all over him for days, and it gives me a bit of hope for humanity.

My Mrs is a dance teacher and being in the dance industry since she was a teen you could imagine the amount of gay friends she has. Some of the funniest and nicest people I've ever met. Genuinely hilarious.

I think the majority of people don't care anymore these days what a persons sexual preference is. You'll always have some idiots tho.

Are you sure? Kaep was no starter but he was definitely amongst best 96 QBs

Does he even want to play? I'm not sure he does. I think he viewed himself as a starter and nothing less, would rather do what he's doing now than be a backup imo.

Does he even want to play? I'm not sure he does. I think he viewed himself as a starter and nothing less, would rather do what he's doing now than be a backup imo.
Maybe but don’t think many genuinely enquired.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Was he or did he unwittingly put himself in an impossible position.
Sam was always going to be a late round pick even before he publicly announced that he was gay, and ended up being drafted at pick 249 (or something close to it). Players drafted then almost always don't work out - I don't think his sexual preferences would have had anything to do with him not even making the opening day roster
My point was more Sam was the first openly gay, yet theyre making Nassib out to be the first....in todays political climate more receptive than Sams era.
Most of the media I saw made the distinction that Nassib is was the first "active" player (i.e. he's actually played games in the regular season)

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Sam was always going to be a late round pick even before he publicly announced that he was gay, and ended up being drafted at pick 249 (or something close to it). Players drafted then almost always don't work out - I don't think his sexual preferences would have had anything to do with him not even making the opening day roster

Most of the media I saw made the distinction that Nassib is was the first "active" player (i.e. he's actually played games in the regular season)

Talk was he would have been taken around the 4th so who really knows.

Constantgin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFG , Pacers, ND, Gunners
Michael Sam never played a regular season game just 4 pre season games in his nfl career. So thats another reason for them saying nassib first player to come out.
Sam was always a long shot to play in nfl he was a 7th round pick for a reason.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
RB Derrius Guice settled out of court with the woman who accused him of domestic violence.
A Virginia judge subsquently dismissed the charges against Guice, who was released by Washington last August after being charged with three counts of assault and battery, destruction of property, and one count of strangulation. Guice, 23, a second round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, could have faced prison time if he had been convicted. Guice has played five regular season games in the NFL and is unlikely to catch on with another team this summer.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
Jun 23, 2021, 12:37 PM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
GG.exe

ESPN's Cameron Wolfe reports the Dolphins are prioritizing downfield passing aggressiveness in offseason practices.
Wolfe said Tua Tagovailoa's disastrous June 15 minicamp practice -- during which the second-year QB threw five interceptions -- was focused on aggressive deep passes. "I tell him to continue being aggressive," Miami head coach Brian Flores said. "It's using this time to practice pushing the ball down field, then we'll make the adjustments and the corrections." Tagovailoa was one of the most conservative passers as a rookie, recording an adjusted yards per attempt of 6.2 -- 29th in the league. He completed 10 of his 29 downfield pass attempts in ten games; his accuracy on deep throws was in line with Ben Roethlisberger and Carson Wentz. Tagovailoa had the second-lowest QBR on passes of 25-plus yards downfield (7.8), second-lowest passing yards per game (181.4) and third-lowest yards per attempt average (6.3), per Wolfe. A commitment to more downfield attempts would be a boon primarily for Will Fuller and Jaylen Waddle this season.
RELATED:
SOURCE: ESPN.com
Jun 23, 2021, 12:10 PM ET

GG.exe

ESPN's Cameron Wolfe reports the Dolphins are prioritizing downfield passing aggressiveness in offseason practices.
Wolfe said Tua Tagovailoa's disastrous June 15 minicamp practice -- during which the second-year QB threw five interceptions -- was focused on aggressive deep passes. "I tell him to continue being aggressive," Miami head coach Brian Flores said. "It's using this time to practice pushing the ball down field, then we'll make the adjustments and the corrections." Tagovailoa was one of the most conservative passers as a rookie, recording an adjusted yards per attempt of 6.2 -- 29th in the league. He completed 10 of his 29 downfield pass attempts in ten games; his accuracy on deep throws was in line with Ben Roethlisberger and Carson Wentz. Tagovailoa had the second-lowest QBR on passes of 25-plus yards downfield (7.8), second-lowest passing yards per game (181.4) and third-lowest yards per attempt average (6.3), per Wolfe. A commitment to more downfield attempts would be a boon primarily for Will Fuller and Jaylen Waddle this season.
RELATED:
SOURCE: ESPN.com
Jun 23, 2021, 12:10 PM ET

Should have just drafted Justin Herbert if you wanted a QB to sling it deep, dumbasses.

Well apparently Flores and staff wanted Herbert but owner Ross had always had a thing for Tagovailoa, and now we gotta try make it work.

And Flores will probably end up getting the sack for it eventually. 😔

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tua can throw deep btw, he did it often for Alabama. He was just a bit shy and overly cautious/afraid with the leap up to NFL standards where WRs arent wide open. His particular growing pains. Why in camp theyve been focusing on forcing Tua to just bomb it deep constantly without fear so he can acclimate to it. Hence that day he threw five INTs in camp, but if we remember JimmyG and Mahomes and others had their omg they threw tons of picks in camp days....trying to make them not gun shy and to learn how to throw deep for the real thing

Tua can throw deep btw, he did it often for Alabama. He was just a bit shy and overly cautious/afraid with the leap up to NFL standards where WRs arent wide open. His particular growing pains. Why in camp theyve been focusing on forcing Tua to just bomb it deep constantly without fear so he can acclimate to it. Hence that day he threw five INTs in camp, but if we remember JimmyG and Mahomes and others had their omg they threw tons of picks in camp days....trying to make them not gun shy and to learn how to throw deep for the real thing

Had a wall of an oline at Bama protecting hkm tho. Big difference.

Back