NFL 2021 - NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

RB Derrius Guice settled out of court with the woman who accused him of domestic violence.
A Virginia judge subsquently dismissed the charges against Guice, who was released by Washington last August after being charged with three counts of assault and battery, destruction of property, and one count of strangulation. Guice, 23, a second round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, could have faced prison time if he had been convicted. Guice has played five regular season games in the NFL and is unlikely to catch on with another team this summer.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
Jun 23, 2021, 12:37 PM ET
Whats your feel on this G?

Im so desperate for RB help in one league that I picked him up off waivers two weeks ago :$

Surely only a slim chance he plays another NFL down?

He wasn't any good before he had DV issues so...

Plus, he'd probably have to serve a suspension if he somehow was picked up

He torched the Panthers and cost Ron Rivera his job excuse me. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steelers released RG David DeCastro.
The move was a complete shock until NFL Network's Mike Garafolo added that DeCastro has been dealing with an ankle issue for "quite some time" and is considering retirement. Pittsburgh saves $8.8 million by releasing DeCastro but it's clear that this was never their plan. He was released with a non-football injury designation meaning that if he is hurt, it happened away from the team. DeCastro was one of just two starting linemen set to return from the 2020 season for Pittsburgh. The other, Chuks Okorafor, is expected to be transitioning from left to right tackle this offseason. The amount of turnover this unit is going through is staggering and doesn't bode well for their prospects in the upcoming season. DeCastro has been to six consecutive Pro Bowls and has started 124 games for the Steelers in the past nine years. Pittsburgh did little to address their splintering offensive line in free agency and the draft, leaving them with a group of bigs that will likely be bullied by most defensives. Add in Ben Roethlisberger's declining arm and the Steelers' offense is now leaning over the edge of a bottomless cliff.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Jun 24, 2021, 4:08 PM ET

Steelers released RG David DeCastro.
The move was a complete shock until NFL Network's Mike Garafolo added that DeCastro has been dealing with an ankle issue for "quite some time" and is considering retirement. Pittsburgh saves $8.8 million by releasing DeCastro but it's clear that this was never their plan. He was released with a non-football injury designation meaning that if he is hurt, it happened away from the team. DeCastro was one of just two starting linemen set to return from the 2020 season for Pittsburgh. The other, Chuks Okorafor, is expected to be transitioning from left to right tackle this offseason. The amount of turnover this unit is going through is staggering and doesn't bode well for their prospects in the upcoming season. DeCastro has been to six consecutive Pro Bowls and has started 124 games for the Steelers in the past nine years. Pittsburgh did little to address their splintering offensive line in free agency and the draft, leaving them with a group of bigs that will likely be bullied by most defensives. Add in Ben Roethlisberger's declining arm and the Steelers' offense is now leaning over the edge of a bottomless cliff.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Jun 24, 2021, 4:08 PM ET

LoL pittspuke squealers

Good thing they drafted some OL high in the draft to help replace him.

Oh, wait...
Steelers signed OG Trai Turner, formerly of the Chargers, to a one-year contract.
This comes hours after the release of David DeCastro, who is reportedly mulling retirement and dealing with an ankle issue. Carolina dealt Turner to the Chargers ahead of the 2020 season but he took the field for just nine games, missing the rest of his first and only season with his new team due to a myriad of injuries. After a disappointing year in LA, Turner was released to save Los Angeles $11.5 million in cap space. He was graded outside Pro Football Focus's top 100 guards last year but the injuries could have played a part in that downturn. Prior to 2020, Turner had been to five consecutive Pro Bowls. Pittsburgh's offensive line struggled to create running lanes for James Conner last year and is only returning one starter. Adding Turner will help buoy the loss of DeCastro but this unit still projects to be below average at best.
... See More
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Jun 24, 2021, 7:31 PM ET

Correct me if I'm wrong ADP, but I'm pretty sure Turner wasn't playing at a Pro Bowl level in his final year in Carolina. Combine that with him getting a bunch of injuries last year, and Turner is a pretty big step down from DeCastro

Turner has been s**t since we made the Superbowl in 2016. Remember when people said the Panthers were mad for trading him for Okung a year ago and I said we aren't going to be missing much? Well the chargers cut him after one year, and given how s**t their oline was, that says a lot.

And drafted a RB in the first, it warms the heart, Najee will be lucky to run for 200 yards this season

Reminds me of when the Eagles paid a s**t tone for Demarco Murray and were shocked when he didn't give them the same production he had for Dallas.

Whats your feel on this G?

Im so desperate for RB help in one league that I picked him up off waivers two weeks ago :$

Surely only a slim chance he plays another NFL down?
I saw that and wondered if you knew something... I drafted that bastard in the 1st round back in the day. :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back