NFL 2021 - NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate it when keys won't stick to me when asked so I definitely wont be getting the vaccine after seeing that.

I need my keys to stick incase my pockets are full.

However, as much as the kooks and crackerjacks try

They pale in comparison to anyone who can draft a player off another NFL active roster

THAT my friends is true talent in action

:)

However, as much as the kooks and crackerjacks try

They pale in comparison to anyone who can draft a player off another NFL active roster

THAT my friends is true talent in action

:)

American stupidity at it finest. 👍

Please excuse my ignorance on this question

Why does is often take so long for rookies to sign? I thought they all were on a graded pay allocated to thier draft position.

For instance Dallas only signed their 1 round pick today. Wouldn't they want to get signed earlier so players are covered during otas?

Please excuse my ignorance on this question

Why does is often take so long for rookies to sign? I thought they all were on a graded pay allocated to thier draft position.

For instance Dallas only signed their 1 round pick today. Wouldn't they want to get signed earlier so players are covered during otas?

The rate is already decided alot of the late signing due to injury guarantee when bonuses are paid off set language etc.
So some teams are quite quick to sign rookies were as some take ages due to this.

Last edited:
Also some of the rookie signings can't happen due to team being over the cap like atlanta was. They could only sign rookie class once Julio Jones was traded cause it freed up some cap room.

Thanks , that and the above comment makes sense, appreciated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lies make baby Jesus cry , Russ, tut tut....

Speaking Thursday, Russell Wilson said he never requested a trade.
Wilson acknowledged the list of preferred trade destinations his agent gave to ESPN, but said they were merely a roadmap for if he ended up getting traded. We are splitting hairs here, but Wilson was not traded and is now claiming he wants to finish his career in Seattle. "I love this city, I love this place, I love everything about it," Wilson said. "For me, personally, I hope I play my whole career here. That's my mission, that's my goal." This relationship seems to grow a little more fraught with each passing year, but for now, it's back on track.

Eagles RBs coach Jamel Singleton downplayed the idea of an “every-down” running back.
“It all depends on your room,” Singleton said. "You need a first- and second-down runner with that really elite ability. You need a guy that can pass protect on third down and be short yardage. You need a back that can run routes and you can put him out in empty. It’s really a combination of that. I think the days of, ‘he’s an every-down back,’ that’s a little skewed these days because of the speed, because of the contact.” Sanders averaged 18.3 touches in Jalen Hurts' three full starts to close the year but that workload seems to have left the building with the previous coaching staff. Sanders' current ADP as the RB19 for Best-Ball leagues should arguably be lower with ensuing upticks for Boston Scott and fifth-rounder Kenny Gainwell at the back-end of drafts.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Chiefs G Kyle Long suffered a lower leg injury during OTAs.
Pelissero continues that the "hope" is Long, 32, will "be ready Week 1." It's a significant setback to the start of the veteran's Chiefs tenure as Long was limited to 30 total appearances between 2016-19 for injuries then, too. Kansas City's front office should not consider itself patched in the trenches just yet since Long's situation is clearly touch and go.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports free agent RB Todd Gurley is visiting the Ravens on Thursday.
Detroit's coaching staff talked as if Gurley was already negotiating a deal with the team at their most recent press conference, so this news comes as a bit of a shock. Even so, Baltimore's offense is obviously a much better destination than Detroit's as a launching point at this stage of the veteran's career. D'Andre Swift and Jamaal Williams would be the real winners if the Ravens land Gurley, who turns 27 in August

Hmmmmm GG might be right, Gettleman can sure find them...

The Athletic's Dan Duggan reports rookie WR Kadarius Toney worked "exclusively" with the Giants' second-team offense during minicamp.
Toney didn't show up to the team's voluntary workouts because he had not yet signed his rookie contract. Duggan described the move as "bizarre since rookies regularly participate in the offseason program before signing their contracts because they sign waivers that protect them in case of injury." Toney, Duggan said, signed his waiver. The rookie -- who played 17 games as a receiver at Florida -- didn't get any reps with Daniel Jones this spring. It's an "inauspicious" start for Toney, as Duggan said. While his "quickness and agility stand out" at New York practices, Toney has had to leave practices early several times with cleat issues and minor leg injuries. Giants beat writers regularly report on Toney slipping and falling during practice sessions. The team's first-round pick is way behind the proverbial eight ball, and his springtime absence could delay any kind of breakout Toney could have in the Giants' poor passing offense.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's D. Orlando Ledbetter reports the Falcons are "force feeding" rookie TE Kyle Pitts at the team's minicamp.
With Julio Jones traded away to Tennessee, Atlanta head coach Arthur Smith and the team's coaching staff is reportedly peppering the No. 4 overall draft pick with passes during mandatory minicamp. That might not come as a shock considering Calvin Ridley is sidelined after undergoing foot surgery. The Athletic's Jeff Schultz reported this week that "Pitts didn’t look like a tight end" during Atlanta's practices. "He looked like a new car that Smith wanted to take for a test ride," Schultz said, adding Matt Ryan threw to Pitts more than any other pass catcher during team drills. The Falcons now have 213 targets vacated from last season, the fourth most in the NFL. Pitts clearly has a path to monster target volume if the team uses him more as a receiver than a traditional tight end.

Falcons head coach Arthur Smith said he "envisions" WR Russell Gage playing "multiple spots" in 2021.
Gage, slated to be a beneficiary of Julio Jones departing to the Titans, functioned as the team's slot wideout in 2020, seeing 71 of his 108 targets from the slot. Only five receivers saw more slot targets than Gage in 2020. “Russ has worked a lot in the slot, but like with all of our skill players, it’s our job to as coaches to push down with these guys and see what they can handle,” Smith said. “Russell has done a nice job in the slot, but we’ve moved Russell all over the place. Then we’ve got to make decisions as we get closer to the season. … We envision Russ playing multiple spots.” Gage should be third in the Falcons' pass-catching pecking order, behind Calvin Ridley and Kyle Pitts. He'll be an intriguing later-round pick in PPR formats this summer.

Giants CB Sam Beal pleaded guilty to gun-related charges stemming from a June 2020 arrest near Cleveland.
A third-round pick in the 2018 supplemental draft, Beal was charged with carrying a concealed weapon, improperly handling a firearm in a vehicle and marijuana possession on June 2 last year and later indicted on the gun charges on August 13. He'll receive two years of probation and be ordered to pay court costs and court-appointed attorney fees. The 24-year-old was already a long shot to make the Giants' roster since he hasn't played in practically two years after opting out of 2020 and spending most of 2019 on injured reserve, inevitably going down as one of GM Dave Gettleman's worst selections.
SOURCE: Zack Blatt on Twitter
Jun 11, 2021, 3:24 PM ET

Toney sounds like a lot of other Gators players, gets by on talent, college hides his warts, once he gets to the pros it becomes apparent he's a bit of a lazy bastard and drama queen. Can't get away with as much as he used to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back