NFL 2021 - NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
RDT_20210621_0558552127808530565859646.png

Blake Bortles and Nick Mullens stats are proof that something is wrong with the way the game is currently structured.
--------
We really gotta start using era-adjusted stats for these kind of discussions. Young QBs throw so much compared to the rest of NFL history.

Mullens is the goat backup for a reason 😍

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The biggest takeaway for me is that Brady has an illegitimate son with another woman.

-------------

Tom Brady almost signed with the Bears last offseason.

Let me repeat that, the Bears knew they needed to do something about their quarterback situation and almost landed six-time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady.

Tom freakin' Brady.

At least, that's what sources told Dan Patrick.

"Did you know that the Bears were in the final list of teams for Tom Brady?," Patrick asked. "The final list that Brady was looking at, the Chargers, the Bears, and the Buccaneers. I was told this yesterday. I said, 'Wait a minute. The Bears?' [The source] told me yes."

He adds that the Chargers were the long shot because Brady didn't want to be on the West Coast, unless it was the San Francisco 49ers. That means the Bears were the runner-ups.
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/b...ouldve-won-2018-super-bowl-if-no-double-doink
Brady wanted to be close to New York City, where his son from his relationship with Bridget Moynahan lives, and Chicago offered that. It's a quick flight from Chicago to New York City.

But Brady didn't want to play in cold weather anymore.

What could've been.

You can hear Patrick talk about it around the 5:00 mark of the Hour 3 episode from Thursday. You'll have to get through some Packers and Aaron Rodgers talk to hear it.

We all know what happened. The Bears traded a compensatory fourth-round draft pick to the Jaguars for Nick Foles.

Foles would compete with Mitch Trubisky for the starting role and was perceived to have an edge because of his experience in Matt Nagy's offense but ultimately didn't win the job.

Brady went on to sign with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who have serious talent at wide receiver with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. Then tight end Rob Gronkowski ended his retirement to join the Bucs and they added running back Leonard Fournette.

And they're Super Bowl contenders now.

Brady could've signed with the Bears.

Gronk could've come out of retirement to sign with the Bears, filling a tight end hole the Bears plugged with veteran Jimmy Graham and drafting

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Speculation this comment was toward the Niners and JimmyG, because he wanted SF, but some say it wouldnt be because he and JG were teammates and he wouldnt say that, but Brady is a dickhead at times. Some say it was Carr and the Raiders, but they werent there till the end. Sone say it was Chargers who only had Tyrod Taylor at the time, but he was picked up in FA. Sone say it was Chicago, but the Beats werent sticking with Mitch and hadnt signed Foles yet. Some say it was Titans and Tannehill, as they were in the hunt at one time. Seems like it was JG or Tannehill to me. Probably JG. Remember he did want JG traded out when Belichick wanted Brady traded out, Kraft backed Brady.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
There goes my big Empire auction signing :(

Chiefs DE Frank Clark was arrested Sunday night in Los Angeles for felony illegal possession of a firearm.
According to a police report, Clark had an Uzi in a duffle bag in his SUV, discovered during a routine traffic stop Sunday evening. Clark was booked in L.A. county jail Monday morning and remains behind bars. Clark entered the NFL with an off-field history after being kicked off the Michigan football team. Acquired from the Seahawks prior to the 2019 season, Clark has 14 sacks across 31 regular-season games for the Chiefs the last two years.
SOURCE: TMZ Sports
Jun 21, 2021, 6:26 PM ET

That'd come with a $10.4m dead cap hit which is $5.5m more than his cap hit for this year. Leaving aside that it'd be a catastrophic PR move, it also doesn't make sense from a football or financial standpoint either
Just joking. Can America and NFL cope with this?

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Just joking.
I know
Can America and NFL cope with this?
Given his comments about the support he's received from players and coaches, I'd imagine that he discussed it with some of them before making the announcement

There'll certainly be a small but vocal group of fans that won't - apparently there's a fair bit of it on Twitter. And it sadly wouldn't surprise if there's a minority of players who aren't okay with it but I doubt they'd say anything openly.

Back