NFL 2021 NFL - Week 1

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
the 3rd and 4 with about 90sec left in the 4th. had better haunt the OC because that was a garbage call. and the way the boot was designed felt like a broken play because it wasnt a pitch and just clogged up any lane. and with how fast Jackson took off was not designed to be a real pass play but open up a lane. or Jackson just took off super early and decided to run.

Was designed like that as a dual option - either throw it to the flat if he's wide open, or keep it and stay in bounds. They needed to ensure they stayed in bounds to take 40 seconds off the clock. I don't think it was a bad decision. Ravens only converted 3 of 12 3rd downs and Lamar wasn't comfortable for long stretches at that point. I don't hate the play call if I'm a Raven supporter.

Watching that final play again, man that was sh*t by Humphery, didn't even try to get a hand on Jones at the LOS

He got rubbed by his own team mate which created the separation for Zay Jones. The issue I would have with it is that Humphrey completely gave up as soon as the ball was in the air. Gotta put some pressure on the receiver to make the catch.

Raiders show up for a couple of games a year and shock people then need a meltdown by a sh*t team like the Jets to scrape by for a win.

If no one takes you serious, you cant be a threat.

Beat KC at Arrowhead, The Browns in Cleveland and the Saints in Vegas last year. Also had defensive meltdowns against the Chargers and Miami that were simply inexplicable. I would suggest they're a team on the rise now that they actually have a competent defensive coordinator who knows how to put together and implement a sound scheme.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Jesus Christ. Sometimes a player deserves a bake. Okuduh was clearly arguing/making excuses up with him about something he got wrong and he was fed up.

if Okuduh cant handle that and needs grief counselling after being yelled at by his secondary coach hes not made for the nfl.

Got picked by his own teammate. Not much else he could do anyway
Was designed like that as a dual option - either throw it to the flat if he's wide open, or keep it and stay in bounds. They needed to ensure they stayed in bounds to take 40 seconds off the clock. I don't think it was a bad decision. Ravens only converted 3 of 12 3rd downs and Lamar wasn't comfortable for long stretches at that point. I don't hate the play call if I'm a Raven supporter.

He got rubbed by his own team mate which created the separation for Zay Jones. The issue I would have with it is that Humphrey completely gave up as soon as the ball was in the air. Gotta put some pressure on the receiver to make the catch.

Beat KC at Arrowhead, The Browns in Cleveland and the Saints in Vegas last year. Also had defensive meltdowns against the Chargers and Miami that were simply inexplicable. I would suggest they're a team on the rise now that they actually have a competent defensive coordinator who knows how to put together and implement a sound scheme.

could have jammed him at the LOS before that imo, get your hands up

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 6.32.12 pm.png

Caught up with the end of today's game with the Manning's.

Thought it was great 😄
Listened to the Mannings and Russ Wilson the whole last qtr and OT. Was great.

This was crystal clear at the time. In fact, the original penalty was rightly called on KC. As the initial aggressor he should have been (and was) correctly penalized.

However, the network and most especially the commentators interjected themselves with a biased (and completely wrong) narrative. They willfully and blatantly ignored what actually transpired to focus on the team that their bias was against.

As a result, the pressure from the network forced NY to interject with the officials who “huddled” and reversed their on the field decision—which was correct—to align with the outcome a network and its commentators wanted.

There is NO disputing that is what occurred.

This article lays that out clearly.

Is it surprising? Nope not even a little—for decades these kind of calls impacting the disfavored team have been readily apparent. Sunday they just were completely open about the bias—and it DID effect the game.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
could have jammed him at the LOS before that imo, get your hands up

View attachment 1235748

The ball hasn't even reached the QB, none of the receivers have even completed their first step, and you're highlighting this cutup as why Humphrey should have been able to make a full step ahead of everyone else AND get his hands on the receiver. Come on, man.

The ball hasn't even reached the QB, none of the receivers have even completed their first step, and you're highlighting this cutup as why Humphrey should have been able to make a full step ahead of everyone else AND get his hands on the receiver. Come on, man.

Zay Jones not exactly quick , watch it in real time, Humphery didn't even try to put a hand on him, he was past him by the time the screen was even set by his own man, if youre going to press do it properly

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
Zay Jones not exactly quick , watch it in real time, Humphery didn't even try to put a hand on him, he was past him by the time the screen was even set by his own man, if youre going to press do it properly

Do you think that would have made a difference on the result of the play? I don't.

Do you think that would have made a difference on the result of the play? I don't.

of course it could have. Raiders probably win the game regardless so it doesn't change the result but as far as a TD on that specific play absolutely

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
of course it could have. Raiders probably win the game regardless so it doesn't change the result but as far as a TD on that specific play absolutely

I'll say this. If there is safety help over the top, then I see your point.

But it's cover 0 - you never play true press when that is called, you have to play a bit softer. His effort on the play once Zay got past though was as bad as Port's effort on Saturday night in the AFL.

Back