NFL 2021 NFL - Week 14

Remove this Banner Ad

aussiedude ....one for our campaign....this play got the Bengals back into the game.

Reinforces the selective flag throwing that is so frustrating.

was there a flag thrown against the niners ?

was there a flag thrown against the niners ?

If not for the TD throw I'm sure the 49ers would have gotten thrown a flag against them for excessive pass rushing.

Edit: My issue is that earlier in the game two very soft hands to the face penalties were called wiping out an interception and on another a sack. Let's not even get to the blatant PI on Kettle where his arm was held on a deep sideline pass. Yet 49ers DBs get called if they look at the WR the wrong way.

Games are too tight these days for this randomness.

If not for the TD throw I'm sure the 49ers would have gotten thrown a flag against them for excessive pass rushing.

I want to see it in real time rather than slow mo x 100 , bit harsh to judge if its an obvious false start missed.

I want to see it in real time rather than slow mo x 100 , bit harsh to judge if its an obvious false start missed.

Well I yelled at the TV screen as the ball was snapped for the false start so was good enough for me.

Edit: It also wasn't a flinch that can look worse on slow mo, the RT was a full step into his dropback before the ball was snapped.....pretty obvious.

Application of false start this season has been woeful. More often than not a tackle jumps a hair early and left alone, but they flagged the Bengal for it. Meanwhile a lineman or Fullback barely flinches at all a slight muscle twitch, no one jumps offside, D players point, and a flag is thrown.

Application of false start this season has been woeful. More often than not a tackle jumps a hair early and left alone, but they flagged the Bengal for it. Meanwhile a lineman or Fullback barely flinches at all a slight muscle twitch, no one jumps offside, D players point, and a flag is thrown.

Its gotten to the point that if a WR starts signalling for a flag after an incompletion or a defensive lineman starts flailing around with his arms then the officials are too easily baited into throwing late flags.

Its gotten to the point that if a WR starts signalling for a flag after an incompletion or a defensive lineman starts flailing around with his arms then the officials are too easily baited into throwing late flags.
Oh yeah that too is happening at an alarming rate. Commentator, "theres a late flag"....how many times have i heard that? Ref holding flag in his belt, leaning toward not throwing it, WR demonstrates, late flag is thrown.

Tbh you could cite a litany of issues/calls with officiating this season. Roughing the passer, offensive holding, defensive holding, DPI, false starts, delay of game, taunting.

1. Sky Judge needs to be implemented
2. Officials need to be made full time employees, with a regular assessment and whole schooling process implemented to support them and new incoming officials to learn. A whole program.

Needs to happen immediately for 2022 season, not dribs and drabs of efforts made over the next five seasons

aussiedude ....one for our campaign....this play got the Bengals back into the game.

Bungles DE versus Ravens had got past the RT (not just the line of scrimmage) prior to the snap in a game earlier this year…. Apparently line of scrimmage non-calls are not reviewable. Neither are false start calls.

Bungles team has been blessed this year. Expecting them to make the playoffs.

Yikes! Well hopefully skyjudge fixes it a bit next season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yikes! Well hopefully skyjudge fixes it a bit next season

I guess it depends if Skyjudge will be able to throw their own flags or just be used as an inline method of validating calls. In the clip shown if there is no flag thrown in the first place, then Skyjudge wouldn't have the mandate to do anything about it.

I guess it depends if Skyjudge will be able to throw their own flags or just be used as an inline method of validating calls. In the clip shown if there is no flag thrown in the first place, then Skyjudge wouldn't have the mandate to do anything about it.
I think the idea of skyjudge is also to pickup on missed calls. But who knows if false start will be one. Because unlike offside it illegal formation which you can already challenge, false starts can't be which I'd dumb even if it's just the absolute mares that can be taken out. Like limit it to full speed and it it's easily picked up then call it. But part of me also thinks the NFL don't care since they let so many go and never pull teams in unless you are unlucky and will get caught 4 times in a game. But most rule changes have been to favor the offense so they won't do anything here.

I think the idea of skyjudge is also to pickup on missed calls. But who knows if false start will be one. Because unlike offside it illegal formation which you can already challenge, false starts can't be which I'd dumb even if it's just the absolute mares that can be taken out. Like limit it to full speed and it it's easily picked up then call it. But part of me also thinks the NFL don't care since they let so many go and never pull teams in unless you are unlucky and will get caught 4 times in a game. But most rule changes have been to favor the offense so they won't do anything here.

I just want consistent application.

Like they will call a PI early in a game in the endzone that results in a go ahead score but then keep their flag in their pocket late in the game when the trailing team doesn't get the call.

I just want consistent application.

Like they will call a PI early in a game in the endzone that results in a go ahead score but then keep their flag in their pocket late in the game when the trailing team doesn't get the call.
the only consistency in the NFL in the inconstancy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back