NFL 2021 NFL - Week 2

Down 17-9

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

"Ehh I feel like Nickelodeon is successful because it is more special effects and not characters"
If its like the NBA's Marvel game it will have effects and stuff all over the screen that will satisfy even the A.D.D. crowd who struggle to sit still for 5 seconds.

Are some NFL players using fake vaccination cards?

Posted by Mike Florio on September 17, 2021, 8:56 PM EDT

The NFL’s high vaccination rate possibly isn’t real.

Via Kahlyn Kahler of Defector.com, two NFL agents said that players have asked them to help get fake vaccination cards.

“I think it is a lot more common than people realize,” one agent told Kahler. “Look, you’re talking about the NFL. These guys do anything they can to fudge a weed test or a PED test.”

How hard would it be to get a fake vaccination card? It’s as low-tech as it can be. I piece of paper that easily could be forged.

A league spokesperson told Kahler this: “Any attempt by team personnel or players to use a forged or fake card would be reviewed under the personal conduct policy and subject the individual to discipline. In addition, it is a federal criminal offense. No club has reported any such activity during the verification process.”

That sounds good, but good luck proving that vaccination cards are fake. The league has delegated responsibility for spotting fakes to the teams. What incentives do the teams have in getting their own guys in trouble? Besides, given the fairly basic qualities and contents of a vaccination card, how would anyone even know that it wasn’t real?

“I haven’t Googled how to look for what gives away a fake vaccine card,” an unnamed NFL team trainer told Kahler. “I truly don’t know what the red flags are. I mean, they all look fairly normal. I am sure there are little nuances and little subtleties in fake ones but I haven’t put in the time to try to investigate what those look like.”

Who has? Who would? Thus, if someone wants to buy a fake vaccination card from the local Creed Bratton, nothing stops them from doing so. In a league with 69 players on 32 teams, it would be stupid to think it hasn’t happened.

Rams coach Sean McVay was evasive when asked if Sony Michel would have a bigger role for Week 2 after playing just three snaps in the opener.
McVay blamed Michel's nearly nonexistent involvement on "game flow" and the Rams' long touchdown passes ending drives early before declining to guarantee Michel will see more work in Week 2. “You have confidence that you can utilize him, if need be, but Darrell Henderson, I thought, did a great job,” McVay said of Week 1. “Darrell’s going to start the game. We want to really get him into the flow of it." He then expanded even further. “You do want to be able to say, ‘Hey, if we’re able to sustain drives, be able to get some things off, could you expect to see Sony?’ That’s a possibility, but Darrell’s a guy that’s done a really nice job and I was really pleased with how he got stronger as the game went on.” It's a totally different tune than McVay was singing over the summer, when he continually expressed skepticism about Henderson's ability to stay healthy. It appears McVay is going to give Henderson the chance to prove he can stay on the field, removing Michel from FLEX consideration for the time being

wow, I mean I really liked Sweat pre draft and hes done alright for a fourth round pick, but that seems a decent overpay, good for him

Eagles signed DE Josh Sweat to a three-year, $40 million extension.
Sweat, who was in the final year of his rookie contract, gets $26.9 million guaranteed, a $10 million signing bonus, and $2 million in incentives. It's a massive deal for a sub-package rusher with three starts and 10 career sacks. Sweat has never played more than 40 percent of defensive snaps in any season. The contract is the second major extension from GM Howie Roseman after locking up LT Jordan Mailata last week. Sweat, a 2018 fourth-round pick, is now signed with the Eagles through his age-27 season.

Last edited:
Tyrell Williams (concussion) has been ruled out for Week 2 against the Packers.
Even with an extra day to get cleared, Williams was always a long shot to play in Monday night's game. The Lions will turn to Kalif Raymond, Amon-Ra St. Brown, and Quintez Cephus in three-wide sets. With Williams out, T.J. Hockenson is one of the top tight end plays of Week 2.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Raiders RB Peyton Barber is expected to "handle some of the lead back duties" in Week 2 against the Steelers.
Kenyan Drake, the expected starter with Josh Jacobs (ankle) out, won't be stepping into the lead back role, according to Rapoport. This falls in line with coach Jon Gruden's comments, who talked up Barber at Friday's press conference. There's a good chance Drake still leads the Raiders in Week 2 snaps, but Barber looks like the one-for-one replacement for Jacobs as the favorite for early down and red-zone work.

the king of mixed messages gives us another to ponder before he probably starts Sermon this week :D

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said RB Trey Sermon was a Week 1 inactive because he "wasn't one of the top three backs."
It suggests Sermon, who repped with the 49ers' starters this preseason, wasn't scratched for not playing special teams. With Raheem Mostert (knee, IR) out for the year, OC Mike McDaniels confirmed Sermon will be active after looking better in practice. The 49ers' backfield has always been week-to-week under Shanahan, but Elijah Mitchell looks to be ahead of Sermon and should lead the team in carries this week. Sermon's backers are betting on his draft status and Shanahan's history of riding the hot-hand winning out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back