NFL 2021 NFL - Week 3

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 6.04.17 pm.png

He's one of those guys you wonder where he'd be at if in a decent system from day 1.

And you just wonder how many of the top 5 qbs this year may suffer the same fate....for that matter how many dozens flamed out under similar circumstances?

You know, my entire professional career has been based on numbers both analyzing the past and forecasting the future.

Many many problems can be solved with maths but they work in absolutes and what the analysts miss is the unpredictable human factor....these guys want to boil everything down to predictable outcomes based on defined criteria....I hope sport never becomes that.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
You know, my entire professional career has been based on numbers both analyzing the past and forecasting the future.

Many many problems can be solved with maths but they work in absolutes and what the analysts miss is the unpredictable human factor....these guys want to boil everything down to predictable outcomes based on defined criteria....I hope sport never becomes that.
Totally agree, theres a war going on for possession of football... analytics vs coaching

Totally agree, theres a war going on for possession of football... analytics vs coaching

Here is the irony....these guys make predictions on the analysis of games that were never played under conditions where analysis was a high influencer of outcome.

How boring would football be if all play calls became the subject of statistical modeling?

All of them.

In more irony, I work with an organization that promotes business transformation through analytics yet they can't tell me who runs their own software today.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In more irony, I work with an organization that promotes business transformation through analytics yet they can't tell me who runs their own software today.

I have been in sales jobs like that. I don’t envy your Monday.

From my experience there is a flowering cherry tree (a key sales feature) for each customer. Most salespeople never find ask enough questions to find it OR don’t know their product well enough to match the key feature to the customer.

I have been in sales jobs like that. I don’t envy your Monday.

From my experience there is a flowering cherry tree (a key sales feature) for each customer. Most salespeople never find ask enough questions to find it OR don’t know their product well enough to match the key feature to the customer.

Want a job?

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not a problem most of our field sales team are lucky to put in 10 hours of work these days under WFH.

I have two preschool boys. I would be lucky to do 10 hours WFH, all after 9:00pm.
My speciality is e-commerce/SAAS but until School starts in January, I can’t do much during the pandemic. So looking forward to January! Already reading sales books and sharpening my mind in preparation.

Back