NFL 2021 NFL - Week 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Pity plenty of these coaches still dont get it, you have to go for it there.

I have more than once called a draw play at 4&10…. Back your team and teach them to win! (Always converted on that play call too!)

Punting just teaches them you don’t rate them. Back your team and even if they don’t make it, teach them how to get it next time.

The rookie QB that had you in the game all day, if you don't have confidence in him there then when will you ever?
Mac had been looking a little flustered the further the game went. He has played just 6 NFL games. Maybe further down the line, when he shows more composure and earns the coaches's trust, they'll show more faith in him & put the game in his hands on 4th down in overtime. He's no Brady.

I don't think the Patriots would've converted that 4th down anyway. Can you imagine if they didn't? Everyone would be bagging Belichick and saying "Dickhead! You should've punted. Why would you put your young QB in that position? He lost the game! Look what you've done to him! You've ruined his promising career..."

IMO the game was probably lost when they failed to convert the 3rd down and chose to punt. But that doesn't mean going for it on 4th down in that spot was the right call to make. Maybe if it was the playoffs. But it's only week 6. There's a long road ahead.

Bill is the greatest coach of all time who has been in the caper for 45 years and won more championships than anyone.
I'm always amazed when people question his decisions. Hasn't he earned the right over the past 20 years not be second-guessed?

I mean, it's laughable when you think about it. All the frothing armchair experts who think they know everything who are always so quick to put the boot into him whenever these situations arise. They really think they know than Belichick about winning in the NFL :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Mac had been looking a little flustered the further the game went. He has played just 6 NFL games. Maybe further down the line, when he shows more composure and earns the coaches's trust, they'll show more faith in him & put the game in his hands on 4th down in overtime. He's no Brady.

I don't think the Patriots would've converted that 4th down anyway. Can you imagine if they didn't? Everyone would be bagging Belichick and saying "Dickhead! You should've punted. Why would you put your young QB in that position? He lost the game! Look what you've done to him! You've ruined his promising career..."

IMO the game was probably lost when they failed to convert the 3rd down and chose to punt. But that doesn't mean going for it on 4th down in that spot was the right call to make. Maybe if it was the playoffs. But it's only week 6. There's a long road ahead.

Bill is the greatest coach of all time who has been in the caper for 45 years and won more championships than anyone.
I'm always amazed when people question his decisions. Hasn't he earned the right over the past 20 years not be second-guessed?

I mean, it's laughable when you think about it. All the frothing armchair experts who think they know everything who are always so quick to put the boot into him whenever these situations arise. They really think they know than Belichick about winning in the NFL :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

We'll agree to disagree here - you go for it every time there, week 6, playoffs, whatever. & sure they'd cop s**t if they failed to convert but still get plenty of respect for actually doing the right thing.

You don’t die wondering by giving the ball back to Prescott, because you’re scared to lose a meaningless week 6 game….esp when Mac had been good enough to suggest he could win the game himself.

Was a spineless decision & morale sapping for Mac.

We'll agree to disagree here - you go for it every time there, week 6, playoffs, whatever. & sure they'd cop sh*t if they failed to convert but still get plenty of respect for actually doing the right thing.
Nah, it's just a matter of opinion. It's not science. It's a flip of the coin.

The coach makes an informed decision and does what he thinks is right in the situation.
He has far more experience and far more information at his disposal than you or me.

I have more than once called a draw play at 4&10…. Back your team and teach them to win! (Always converted on that play call too!)
emoji848.png

Punting just teaches them you don’t rate them. Back your team and even if they don’t make it, teach them how to get it next time.
He chose to back his defence.

"Going for it on 4th down just teaches them you don't rate them
Back your defence and even if they don't make a stop, teach them how to make a stop next time."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don’t die wondering by giving the ball back to Prescott, because you’re scared to lose a meaningless week 6 game….esp when Mac had been good enough to suggest he could win the game himself.

Was a spineless decision & morale sapping for Mac.
Okay mate

Maybe you should send your resumé to Kraft since Belichick will soon be out of a job :rolleyes:

He could use a person with your know-how and can-do attitude

Yep, Bill never makes mistakes :rolleyes:

I never knew that scoring on the final drive of the half meant that you forfeit the right to the ball if you deferred at the coin toss...

Everyone makes mistakes

Bill just makes fewer mistakes than anyone who ever coached in the NFL
That's one of the reasons why he has been the best coach for 2 decades.

I never knew that scoring on the final drive of the half meant that you forfeit the right to the ball if you deferred at the coin toss...
You could've also written:

"I never knew that giving up a costly turnover on the final drive of the half and conceding points meant that you forfeit the right to the ball if you deferred at the coin toss..."

They had a 4 point lead and they had first possession in the second half.
It makes perfect sense to me why they'd take a knee and not try to force things

Everyone makes mistakes

Bill just makes fewer mistakes than anyone who ever coached in the NFL
That's one of the reasons why he has been the best coach for 2 decades.

You could've also written:

"I never knew that giving up a costly turnover on the final drive of the half and conceding points meant that you forfeit the right to the ball if you deferred at the coin toss..."

They had a 4 point lead and they had first possession in the second half.
It makes perfect sense to me why they'd take a knee and not try to force things
2 timeouts, 90sec. and just forced a fumble. Na mate you try to get in FG range.
Unless Bill is already conceding Mac isnt good enough

Back half of the post reads like a better movie than Halloween Kills.

2 days later and i still have no idea how they same team behind the 2018 Halloween f**ked up this one so badly.

Wasn’t this the whole patriots thing with Brady in their second dynasty - score before HT with Brady and then score again in the first drive of the 3rd qtr

Remove this Banner Ad

Back