NFL 2021 NFL - Week 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't have wanted to be in that locker room that day.
The best bit is the media person from the Cardinals as Green walks off. "Lienard will be up next" in a calm voice like he didnt just see the coach go off.

And of course the Higgins Hit.

In a season where the NFL is trying to reduce concusssion injuries and helmet related contact....

Defending Kansa City player leads with the helmet, with no attempt to tackle, makes helmet to helmet contact as the Browns player is reaching for the touchdown to give the Browns the lead in a playoff game, causes Browns player to fumble. On field decision, Kansas City gets the ball.

It was so blatant even one of the TV commentators mumbled once said it should have been a penalty against KC !

It was the ratings impact of Mahones being knocked out off the playoffs deciding the penalty....

So used to Browns getting bent over forgot about that one

The Browns took away your Chubb and you will be calling for K.Hunt time.

while they ignore that and try to convince themselves Baker is a franchise QB, so you will spend the 3.5 hrs Sunday watching the game calling them dumb campaigners

Hunt is a good back and ordinarily would be the one you want to run the ball.

But Chubb is simply better.

Browns are blessed with 2 of the 5 best backs in the NFL (not coincidentally neither acquired by Berry)

Yet the idiot head coach puts his best player next to him on the sidelines and can’t figure out he needed to grind out 2 first downs to win the goddamn game

I ran across 2 sets of sabermetrics the Browns FO uses that I intend to rip to shreads tomorrow

It will affirmatively show how incredibly out of touch with the game they are

And a LARGE reason this club is headed towards 3-3 Sunday

Browns are blessed with 2 of the 5 best backs in the NFL (not coincidentally neither acquired by Berry)

Yet the idiot head coach puts his best player next to him on the sidelines and can’t figure out he needed to grind out 2 first downs to win the goddamn game

I ran across 2 sets of sabermetrics the Browns FO uses that I intend to rip to shreads tomorrow

Hunt is a campaigner of a person so i hope someone breaks his arm like he broke his sons arm.

i cant wish any good fortune towards him.

Hunt is a campaigner of a person so i hope someone breaks his arm like he broke his sons arm.

i cant wish any good fortune towards him.

Hard to argue with the analysis of his off field antics

Ouch
209af111e31904b926d5665e4664cea2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Who are the other 3 in the top 5?

Dont think its ref incompetence but micro-managing desired results
Imagine if everyone here on Big Footy's NFL Board could make this the only sports forum in the world which doesn't indulge in conspiracy theories about the league admin directing referees & umpires to fix the result of games in favour of the star players and best teams.

Wouldn't that be something to aspire to?

Imagine if everyone here on Big Footy's NFL Board could make this the only sports forum in the world which doesn't indulge in conspiracy theories about the league admin directing referees & umpires to fix the result of games in favour of the star players and best teams.

Wouldn't that be something to aspire to?
Are you ignoring the fact that money exists?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you ignoring the fact that money exists?
Yep, that's the only match-fixing conspiracy which I believe actually exists

Betting interests: crooked bookies or criminal gangs on the punt

But the idea that Goodell wants to see Brady or Patriots in every Superbowl, or that Gill loves Hawthorn and wanted to see us 4peat, or that Michel Platini wants Barca to win the Champions League... All that shiit is ridiculous. Nuffies' fantasies.

Last edited:
So part 1 of the kind of absolute ridiculous crap that this organization adheres to resulting in actual losses and paving the way for a season of failed expectations. This is an excerpt from a mouthpiece/apologist for Depodesta and company actually having the audacity to try to rationalize the imbecilic decision to sideline Chubb for the last 2 series in the game against the Chargers. A game, by the way, Chubb had rushed 21-161 and 1td to that point.

But when you look at other stats, especially advanced metrics, the needle starts leaning away from Chubb.
DVOA, which measures efficiency against a league-wide baseline, ranks Chubb 11th, Hunt 7th.
In rushing yards over expected, Chubb is third, Hunt is second.
In success rate, Chubb is 15th, Hunt 11th.
In expected points added per rushing attempt, Chubb is eighth and Hunt leads the league. Those are their same rankings for total EPA earned on running plays this season. In fact, Hunt’s EPA is more than double Chubb’s at this point.
And finally, there’s boom rate, which measures how often a running back has a positive EPA on in carries. Chubb ranks fifth in boom rate. Again, Hunt leads the league. (Chubb is third in bust rate, Hunt is sixth.)

So knowing that they were completely wrong and helped push the Browns to snatch yet another defeat from the jaws of victory--this utter and complete horsesh$t utilizing literally made up crap is proffered.

The fact is the Chargers defense had done little in stopping Chubb. The fact is the Browns had the ball with a 1 point lead and 3 minutes left. The fact is these complete tools used (because they must have to now justify their decisions thru their mouthpiece this week) made up formulas to do what the Chargers could not---stop Chubb.

This demonstrably shows that these analytical jacka$$es have no idea what on earth they are doing. At no time did the Chargers show the ability to stop Chubb from gaining positive yards. But no, these jackalopes with made up bullsh$t have to be the smartest guys in the room.

So smart--they stopped their best player from potentially grinding out a win

Absolute effing genius.

One could make arguments for Henry and Elliott…maybe Robinson I suppose

Best RBs currently. Unless I am neglecting someone slip of the mind...

Henry Chubb Kamara McCaffery Cook Taylor Robinson Akers Montgomery Jones Ekeler Barkley Patterson Hunt Sanders Carson Mixon Fournette Swift Dobbins Edmonds Elliott Gordon Jacobs Gibson Mitchell/Morstert/Sermon/Wilson

How id go

Tier 1
1. Henry
2. Chubb
3. McCaffery
4. Cook

Tier 2
5. Kamara
6. Ekeler
7. Montogomery
8. Jones
9. Elliott
10. Taylor
11. Barkley
12. Mixon
13. Hunt

Tier 3
14. Dobbins
15. Najee Harris
16. Sanders
17. Robinson
18. Akers
19. Edmonds
20. Gibson

Tier 4
21. Swift
21. Fournette
23. Gus Edwards
24. Henderson
25. Mattison
26. Carson
27. Gordon
28. Javonte Williams
29. Gaskin
30. Jacobs
31. Patterson
32. Pollard

Tier 5
33. McKissic
34. Edwards-Elaire
35. Damien Williams
36. White
37. Jamal Williams
38. Hines
39. Dillon
40. Murray
41. Damien Harris
42. SF RBs
43. Hubbard

Last edited:
Although a quarterback qualifies as “defenseless” following a change in possession, he’s not immune from being hit, legally or illegally. And there’s no provision in the rules allowing a football referee to act like a boxing referee, breaking up a scrum and sending the fighters to their neutral corners during the live action.

That said, multiple sources tell PFT that it’s common for officials to step between players away from the action. It’s known as “preventive officiating.” The goal is to prevent trouble, if possible.

It makes sense, on the surface. But should that be the way it goes? Should a referee do anything between the snap and the whistle, other than blowing the whistle or throwing a flag? if Barnett was going to illegally hit Brady after the change in possession, that’s Barnett’s prerogative. He’d then be subject to a penalty, a fine, maybe a suspension.

Regardless, the officials should be bystanders during the play, not peacemakers. The break-it-up function should only kick in, if at all, after a play ends.

Didn’t ertz play on Friday night before getting traded?
I think you need to be on a roster for over 72hrs after being traded to play. so if Arizona were playing MNF he could of played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back