NFL 2021 NFL - Week 8

Remove this Banner Ad

I still prefer seeing the Bengals on top, that is a real sight to see.

3-1 on the road, 4-1 last 5 with their only loss a close OT to a 6-1 Packers team. Long season and all, but it's good to see right now.

how did they lose to the Bears? Could be even better.

AmericanCrow watching football each Sunday....

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, look at that, he weighs 215 pounds, he looks like a girl, now Clay Matthews 245 pounds , there's a linebacker you can set your watch to.

You left out the part where the analytical wonder player JOK can’t even stay on the field let alone play in the physical AFC North

;)

You can move him to safety if it doesn't work out at linebacker. Hell be a good player, health permitting.

You can move him to safety if it doesn't work out at linebacker. Hell be a good player, health permitting.

They need linebackers, real ones. He is undersized where they have him and quite frankly he should be grateful he isn’t out there Sunday

He would be getting carted off

AmericanCrow I remember when you slammed Myles Garrett in his rookie and sophomore years as a player who doesnt do anything, no impact, etc. You're way too hasty with your negativity around drafted players. JOK will be fine, he's a playmaker. He got injured, fair enough, but he only played like 5 games and you wrote him off already.

AmericanCrow I remember when you slammed Myles Garrett in his rookie and sophomore years as a player who doesnt do anything, no impact, etc. You're way too hasty with your negativity around drafted players. JOK will be fine, he's a playmaker. He got injured, fair enough, but he only played like 5 games and you wrote him off already.

Myles Garret issue is one that remains. To often in big moments he is absolutely nowhere to be found.

Getting sacks against the Chicago Bears and Minnesota Vikings is NOT the same as making plays against ohhh

The Chiefs, the Chargers and the Cardinals.

Not one time in 3 games that mattered did he come up with a play did he?

That is the expectation of a #1 pick in the draft. In a key moment against a top flight team you make a play that makes the difference.

Beating Chicago, Minnesota, Denver and Houston? That is hardly the stuff of legend this season

My opinion on him has never changed. Small in big moments when making a difference matters

Myles Garret issue is one that remains. To often in big moments he is absolutely nowhere to be found.

Getting sacks against the Chicago Bears and Minnesota Vikings is NOT the same as making plays against ohhh

The Chiefs, the Chargers and the Cardinals.

Not one time in 3 games that mattered did he come up with a play did he?

That is the expectation of a #1 pick in the draft. In a key moment against a top flight team you make a play that makes the difference.

Beating Chicago, Minnesota, Denver and Houston? That is hardly the stuff of legend this season

My opinion on him has never changed. Small in big moments when making a difference matters
versus KC ... TFL, SACK, 3 QB HITS
versus HOU ... nothing
versus CHI ... 4 TFL, 4.5 SACKS, 6 QB HITS
versus MIN ... 2 TFL, 0.5 SACK, 4 QB HITS, 2 QB HURRIES
versus LAC ... 1 TFL, 1 SACK, 3 QB HITS, 4 QB HURRIES, 1 PD
versus ARI ... 1 TFL, 1 SACK, 1 QB HIT, 3 QB HURRIES
versus DEN ... 1.5 SACKS, 1 HURRY

So, you're off the mark. Against the beast Rashawn Slater, who previously had stone-walled Chase Young and hadn't allowed a pressure, he had a big game. Houston, he did nothing, so you're wrong to think he beat up on only the easy-beats. Was his worst game. Every other game he effected the opposition, and you can only beat up who you play. He can't beat up other top teams until he plays them on the schedule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

versus KC ... TFL, SACK, 3 QB HITS
versus HOU ... nothing
versus CHI ... 4 TFL, 4.5 SACKS, 6 QB HITS
versus MIN ... 2 TFL, 0.5 SACK, 4 QB HITS, 2 QB HURRIES
versus LAC ... 1 TFL, 1 SACK, 3 QB HITS, 4 QB HURRIES, 1 PD
versus ARI ... 1 TFL, 1 SACK, 1 QB HIT, 3 QB HURRIES
versus DEN ... 1.5 SACKS, 1 HURRY

So, you're off the mark. Against the beast Rashawn Slater, who previously had stone-walled Chase Young and hadn't allowed a pressure, he had a big game. Houston, he did nothing, so you're wrong to think he beat up on only the easy-beats. Was his worst game. Every other game he effected the opposition, and you can only beat up who you play. He can't beat up other top teams until he plays them on the schedule.

I am not off the mark. Please identify what play he made in the 4th quarter against Kansas City or Los Angeles

In BOTH games 1 play by the #1 pick in the NFL could have helped get a stop.

Instead the defense he led was annihilated and he might as well not even have been on the ball field.

I will excuse Arizona because they got their asses kicked all day long.

Being a premier talent requires making plays when your team most needs it.

In the 2 games I identified he was nonexistent in the 4th quarter.

Last years playoff game against KC, nonexistent when team needed a stop.

Ratbird game at home last season when they could have taken control of division—nonexistent in 4th quarter as Jackson went up and down the field.

With #1 comes responsibility and being very good or good is not enough.

Bottom line—not made a lick of difference when it matters most.

I stand by my evaluation

Yet you dont criticise Mayfield for reasons unknown, its hilarious stuff.

Whom would you put in there? I was on record saying Mayfield was not a franchise qb and I wouldn’t draft him.

Is anyone arguing he is?

But given the choice between Mayfield and Keenum, you are choosing Case?

They aren’t going to get Rogers as he likely is headed to Denver or Pittspuke.

So please—give me an option?

As for Garrett the difference is he is often portrayed by his supporters as this game changing difference maker and elite defensive player.

My position is that is clearly unsupported by the actual difference making plays he achieves in the biggest moments. As in almost none.

That is why you can see me post…Myles planning on playing today? Etc…

Nobody thinks Baker is a top 5 qb let alone the best qb in his class.

Whom would you put in there? I was on record saying Mayfield was not a franchise qb and I wouldn’t draft him.

Is anyone arguing he is?

But given the choice between Mayfield and Keenum, you are choosing Case?

Its not about that, who would you put in there for Garrett? Tak McKinnley? The crux of your argument is that he doesn't make enough big plays for a #1 pick. The same could be said of Mayfield.

Its not about that, who would you put in there for Garrett? Tak McKinnley? The crux of your argument is that he doesn't make enough big plays for a #1 pick. The same could be said of Mayfield.

It is about the notion that Garrett is a game changer, he is not.

Who is saying Baker is?? If someone is I am happy to set them straight. Baker was a very poor decision by a guy who more then anyone else is responsible for the return to competency—John Dorsey.

But he screwed that pick up given Allen as the alternative.

We all know your hate boner for Garrett is because he wasn't a Dorsey pick. Nothing more , nothing less.

Funny given what I just posted

;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back