NFL 2021 NFL - Wild Card Weekend

Wildcard Winners?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of the games are hard to tip, partly because they are quite even and both have a QB that you wouldnt be shocked to see throw the game away or just go missing all game because they have done that in the past in big games. or they are unproven QB's in big games.

Leonard Fournette (hamstring, injured reserve) is expected to be activated for Sunday's Wild Card game against the Eagles.
As are Shaq Barrett (COVID-19) and Jason Pierre-Paul (shoulder). The Bucs' rushing attack appeared lost without Fournette for Weeks 16-18, but they still won all three games during his absence. A true every-down player this season, Fournette finished third in running back receptions (69) despite the missed time. With the Bucs short-handed at receiver, Fournette's pass catching figures to be a big part of their playoff game plans.

Speaking Monday, Eagles coach Nick Sirianni said he expects Miles Sanders (hand) and Jordan Howard (stinger) to be ready for the Wild Card Round against the Bucs.
"We're hopeful for Miles this week. We're hopeful for Jordan this week. I think we'll have our full stable of backs," were Sirianni's exact words. It seems like Sanders probably could have suited up for Week 18 in a must-win situation, but it wasn't, so he was given extra time for the playoffs. Having finally seized control of the Eagles' committee, Sanders has looked like a different runner since returning from his mid-season ankle injury. The Bucs are as tough as it gets on the ground, but Sanders should still be expected to compile for DFS purposes because of Philly's run-heavy approach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Packers EDGE rusher Za'Darius Smith (back) will return for the playoffs.
Smith was shut down after a setback with his back injury following the team's Week 1 loss to the Saints. The Packers have opened Smith's practice window and the star pass rusher should have two weeks of practice to prepare for Green Bay's Divisional Round home game. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Tom Silverstein suggested Smith -- a Pro Bowler who logged 12.5 sacks in 2020 -- would be a rotational pass rusher upon his return. Green Bay ranked 19th in QB pressure rate and 17th in sack rate without Smith this season. His return is fantastic news for a sometimes-leaky Packers defense.

Bengals activated DE Trey Hendrickson from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
Along with their top pass rusher, the Bengals will get back Joe Mixon, S Vonn Bell, DT Larry Ogunjobi, OG Quinton Spain, DT B.J. Hill, and C Trey Hopkins back ahead of the Wild Card Round. Cincinnati is currently a 6.5-point favorite over the Raiders according to PointsBet.

Cincinnati
Buffalo
Tampa Bay
Dallas
Pittsburgh
LA Rams

My picks

Other than picking the Steelers for wishful thinking being a Bills fan, please explain any logic behind picking the Steelers , particularly after they were boat raced in Arrowhead 3 weeks ago, im keen to hear someone make me a case.

Other than picking the Steelers for wishful thinking being a Bills fan, please explain any logic behind picking the Steelers , particularly after they were boat raced in Arrowhead 3 weeks ago, im keen to hear someone make me a case.

Steelers bet them at Arrowhead about 5 years ago in the playoffs kicking only field goals and not needing Big Ben.

That's all I got..

Because I said so.

Cowboys Executive Vice President Stephen Jones said Tony Pollard (foot) will "be ready to roll" for the team's Wild Card game against the 49ers.
Pollard was held out in Week 18 because of the foot injury but he had been a limited participant in practice all week. With little to play for, it made sense for the team to give him a week of rest. Pollard will return to mix in with Ezekiel Elliott for touches in the Wild Card round. His home run speed makes him a boom/bust option for DFS contests this weekend.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) is "making great progress."
“I think we’ll be able to get a little work out of him this week, Reid continued. "We’ll see how the next couple of days go. He’s got a great attitude and wants to be out there.” Reid also expressed optimism about Darrel Williams, who the Chiefs lost to a toe injury in the season finale. Practice will tell the story this week, but it sounds like Kansas City could have their backfield healthy for the start of the playoffs.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid expects Darrel Williams (toe) to be ready for Sunday's Wild Card game against the Steelers.
"It's still a little tender, but he's working through that and we'll see how it goes this week," Reid said of his back's toe. "I'd anticipate him going." Williams' likely availability comes as Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) seems on track to return. While that is good for the Chiefs, it will make DFS prioritization a bit of a headache, especially since Williams is no longer 100 percent healthy. The Chiefs issue their first official injury report of the Wild Card Round on Wednesday.

Andy Reid expects Tyreek Hill (heel) 'to be ok."
"That heel is sore after the game. It’s making a little progress the other way," Reid said. "He’s another one that wants to play every snap he can." The Chiefs offense is simply not the same with Hill on the sidelines, so it would be a surprise if the receiver does not give it a go this weekend. That said, Kansas City might not need him much. PointsBet currently has the Chiefs as 12.5-point favorites over the Steelers.

Back