2021 NHL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Kayo, you can't register that as a 'TV provider' in the ESPN app (see below).

You need the ESPN app, which is available on android or IOS. Within the setting there you link your TV provider account (either foxtel or Fetch), which then unlocks the paid for content.

The web version is a PITA and you basically have to disable all browser add-ins for it to function. Here's what it asks when I try and click on the Islanders / Flyers game:

View attachment 1248738

This seems consistent with what I've seen in the past, although I wonder whether they'll start trying to geo-block it.

There's a decent chance (as Peter Sidorkiewicz has done) you can sign up for NHL.tv using an international (Western European) address, and it'll just work. I remember a few seasons back there was 3 or 4 different sets or pricing depending on where you signed up, the cheapest being the US version of the nhl.com website. Once you'd signed up, every app didn't care where you were logging in from and just worked.

EDIT: Realised my 20-21 sub was still active to Oct 1, so I changed my address to 10 Downing St and... the browser redirects to ESPN, but the android app could loahe both the NYR game stream. However when I went to change it to another game it crashed, and then crashed a few more times after that for good measure (android, galaxy S9). After a 5 minute wait I was able to load the NYI game stream. So yay, but it doesn't seem reliable.
The thing is when I signed up for a new NHL.tv account using a new/different email from my old account. You dont need to complete a full European address on your account if you are paying via Paypal.

My account only shows London as the city and a London postcode. The house number and street details are blank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back