2021 NHL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at the Rangers draft history... boy... They've had 6 players make their team since the 2014 draft and 1 of them is no longer at the Rangers (7th overall traded for a late 2nd rounder to the Kings). Add to that the slow starts for Kakko and Lafreniere..

Having no 1st round draft picks between 2013 and 2016 doesn’t help that number, only two 2nd round picks in that time period.

Sather rolled the dice for no return.

Save % and GAA are generally team stats unless the goaltender either really stinks or is extremely good.

In most cases it is all to to with how a team plays.

There are many other stats out there that indicate how well a goaltender is playing.

I've got Shesterkin in my team. Been at .94 over the last few games but would be nice if the Rangers could give him a goal or two to protect.
Not like the rangers are stacked with talented youth or anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if Zibanejad is struggling to get his game back because he got covid and was hit hard by it...or was last years tear he went on an outlier.

I know some of the europeans have started slow this year after getting a rough case of covid. I read Heiskanen only got over it just before camp started and hes only getting his legs back now. Khudobin the same,.Khudobin said even weeks after he was clear of it he struggled with simple things like stairs and stuff.

I havent read of too many others that struggled with it but im sure theres alot more, seems a few european players struggled with it and their fitness/strength after it.

I hope the NHL is planning a bubble again for the playoffs this year. I cant see the playoffs not having teams impacted by virus issues if attempted to run normally

I wonder if Zibanejad is struggling to get his game back because he got covid and was hit hard by it...or was last years tear he went on an outlier.

I know some of the europeans have started slow this year after getting a rough case of covid. I read Heiskanen only got over it just before camp started and hes only getting his legs back now. Khudobin the same,.Khudobin said even weeks after he was clear of it he struggled with simple things like stairs and stuff.

I havent read of too many others that struggled with it but im sure theres alot more, seems a few european players struggled with it and their fitness/strength after it.

I hope the NHL is planning a bubble again for the playoffs this year. I cant see the playoffs not having teams impacted by virus issues if attempted to run normally
The most interesting aspect is when a Canadian team has to hop the border or vice versa.

The most interesting aspect is when a Canadian team has to hop the border or vice versa.

Been thinking about that. I’m not sure it’s gonna happen. I think Edmonton and Toronto might be playoff hubs again.

And yeah, Zibanejad has definitely been hit hard by Covid and it’s impacted his fitness. I haven’t checked last night stats but lately he has been shooting it at least. Teravainen is another that has struggled a lot after getting it. There are a few like that.

Been thinking about that. I’m not sure it’s gonna happen. I think Edmonton and Toronto might be playoff hubs again.

And yeah, Zibanejad has definitely been hit hard by Covid and it’s impacted his fitness. I haven’t checked last night stats but lately he has been shooting it at least. Teravainen is another that has struggled a lot after getting it. There are a few like that.
So that's what happened to Ottawa... they all go COVID ;)

Where are you? Yeah, I feel bad for those in lockdowns. Hopefully the end is in sight.
Dublin. 44th day of lockdown. Pubs that served food have been open on and off and I went a couple of times but the last time pubs were legally allowed to be open (and not need to serve food) was March 15.

Disappointed to lose in the shootout, but man what a play by Dallas to tie it up late and get a point.

Stars had an empty net trying to tie it in last minute, carolina stole the puck and had a 2 on 1 towards the empty net, Heiskanen made a savvy behind the back sweep check, bunting the puck to Klingberg who transitioned to Benn who passed it to Pavelski for the wrist shot to tie it with 40 seconds left.

Highlight reel tying goal.

Terrible play by Aho though.

Dallas has to get better in OT/SO. Lost 4 straight times weve gone past 60.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back