2021 NHL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

so many great memories reliving the provies/the athletties. botch was literally the only exciting part of being a canucks fan for years. gudbranson was called mr 300 a few times in there because about a month into his stint, and with the bad results there for all to see, he came to his team-mates defence by saying: “We’re going to watch video and see what’s going on and this is a process with a young guy. He (Hutton) has less than 100 games and it takes 300 to learn to defend well." Gudbranson is up to 500 and still learning.

A good day for Cole Caulfield.

Wins the Hobey Baker Award, scores two goals, including the game winner, and an assist in his AHL debut for Laval.

Expectations won’t be too high in Montréal...

Trades are ramping up.

Colorado adds Devan Dubnyk to back up Grubauer. In exchange for Greg Pateryn and a 5th.

The avs needed a veteran back up to give grubauer some relief as well as any injury risks...just think dubnyk appears an average choice...maybe behind that defense he will be good again. Will only play 1 in 4 or 5 games i guess.

Florida adds Brandon Montour from Buffalo in exchange for a 3rd.

Nice deal. Florida need depth in their blue line with ekblad out. But still i dont think they will be contenders unless they can find a top pairing D man from somewhere.

Tampa Bay adds David Savard and Brian Lashoff from columbus, in a 3 team deal. Tampa send a 1st and 3rd to columbus, while detroit get a 4th for facilitating lashoff as part of the trade and helping the salary work.

Tampa needed an upgrade on the bottom 4 D pairing. So have to say they are ready to go again this year. Get Kucherov back in the playoffs, cant really see a weakness.

A fair few players are healthy scratches today, so more trades coming...

Last edited:
Trades are ramping up.

Colorado adds Devan Dubnyk to back up Grubauer. In exchange for Greg Pateryn and a 5th.

The avs needed a veteran back up to give grubauer some relief as well as any injury risks...just think dubnyk appears an average choice...maybe behind that defense he will be good again. Will only play 1 in 4 or 5 games i guess.

Florida adds Brandon Montour from Buffalo in exchange for a 3rd.

Nice deal. Florida need depth in their blue line with ekblad out. But still i dont think they will be contenders unless they can find a top pairing D man from somewhere.

Tampa Bay adds David Savard and Brian Lashoff from columbus, in a 3 team deal. Tampa send a 1st and 3rd to columbus, while detroit get a 4th for facilitating lashoff as part of the trade and helping the salary work.

Tampa needed an upgrade on the bottom 4 D pairing. So have to say they are ready to go again this year. Get Kucherov back in the playoffs, cant really see a weakness.

A fair few players are healthy scratches today, so more trades coming...
I'm happy we got a competent goalie to bolster the position. I'm not happy his name is Dubnyk.

I'm happy we got a competent goalie to bolster the position. I'm not happy his name is Dubnyk.

Might be ok, he'll be less busy in the crease and see more pucks than in San Jose.
Better than Johansson (why did they get him?) and Miska.
Slightly less chance of being completely ****ed if Grubauer goes down.
Denver will be hoping Dubnyk will be nothing much more than a baseball cap wearing gate attendant.
Prefer Ullmark.

Tampa Bay only paying 25% of Savard's salary cap hit is the key to all this, amazing work ($1.062M).

More trade action happening.

Toronto get a key fwd addition by adding Nick Foligno. Also add Stefan Noesen. In exchange columbus gets a 1st and 4th. By helping facilitate the deal and making the salary work, San Jose as the 3rd team receive a 4th rd pick

I like this for Toronto, Foligno is a experienced veteran fwd who is the type of player that will play big mins and a key role deep into a playoff series.

Some other minor deals

Washington trade Siegenthaler to New Jersey for a 3rd.

Perhaps suggests the caps want a bit more space for another piece. Experience on the bottom pair for New Jersey. Chanhe of scenary trade.

Montreal aquire Jon Merrill from Detroit for a 5th and Hayden Verbeek.

Habs add a depth defenseman..unsure if he would be un there top 6 though.

More trades coming. Looks like Hall will get traded today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clown show in Philly as the Sabres score 3 in the final 3 minutes to win 5-3.
Buffalo have taken 10 points from their last 8 games

Despite the injuries to Seguin, Radulov and Bishop all year there will be one reason the Stars miss the playoffs, Poor play in Overtime/Shootout (ok technically thatss 2)

Dallas is 2 wins 11 losses after 60 minutes. Including Losing 4 games to Nashville that went past regulation. (Dallas is 3-0-4 vs NSH)

Given Nashville now hold a 6 pt lead there is your difference right there. If you want to be a playoff team, at worst you have to split your record after 60 mins.

Dallas still holds 3 games in hand with 6 games remaining vs Detroit and Columbus. So should still push for the 4th spot. But a likely outlook now will finish the season 1-2 points short, due to poor OT/SO play. Annoying

Despite the injuries to Seguin, Radulov and Bishop all year there will be one reason the Stars miss the playoffs, Poor play in Overtime/Shootout (ok technically thatss 2)

Dallas is 2 wins 11 losses after 60 minutes.

Montréal is similar. Two wins, nine losses.

Only reason they will make the playoffs is because someone in Cow Town thought Sutter was a good idea.

More trade action happening.

Toronto get a key fwd addition by adding Nick Foligno. Also add Stefan Noesen. In exchange columbus gets a 1st and 4th. By helping facilitate the deal and making the salary work, San Jose as the 3rd team receive a 4th rd pick

I like this for Toronto, Foligno is a experienced veteran fwd who is the type of player that will play big mins and a key role deep into a playoff series.

Some other minor deals

Washington trade Siegenthaler to New Jersey for a 3rd.

Perhaps suggests the caps want a bit more space for another piece. Experience on the bottom pair for New Jersey. Chanhe of scenary trade.

Montreal aquire Jon Merrill from Detroit for a 5th and Hayden Verbeek.

Habs add a depth defenseman..unsure if he would be un there top 6 though.

More trades coming. Looks like Hall will get traded today
Noesen is an odd one. He's played 5 games all year for us and was on a one year contract, we got the pick for taking cap but maybe you're not allowed to take a pick for cap space and a player had to be thrown in.

What the hell are we doing. Caps acquire Anthony Mantha from Detroit for Vrana, Panik a 2021 first and 2022 second.
Seems like a fat bit to give up it I guess we are basically giving Detroit a pick to take Panik’s salary.
Have also given up a 5th rounder to the Flyers for Raffl

Last edited:
What the hell are we doing. Caps acquire Anthony Mantha from Detroit for Vrana, Panik a 2021 first and 2022 second.
Seems like a fat bit to give up it I guess we are basically giving Detroit a pick to take Panik’s salary.
Have also given up a 5th rounder to the Flyers for Raffl
Obviously they didn't think Vrana would sign on for a reasonable price. Mantha is a quality power forward and signed up for a few years at a good cap hit. The first would be annoying but it's likely to be in the 20s.

2-12 now for the Stars in OT/SO.

Ill hold off saying were done till our next stretch is complete...

Dallas has Columbus twice at home, then 4 in a row vs Detroit. (2H, 2A)..both teams on paper have the white flag up.

On the other hand Nashville has a 6 game road trip against Carolina twice, Tampa twice and Chicago twice.

Dallas could easily win 5 of 6 and Nashvillr could lose 3 or 4 of 6.

If that happens Dallas could end this stretch 1-2 pts out.

Ill hold out hope till then.

But * me that OT/SO record.

not really sure how the Canucks get back on ice. at this point it can be assumed that almost all the roster will have covid or be a close contact, so that rules out most of the next two weeks, so then they'll have to play 19 games in around 3 weeks, which obviously won't happen. So then we're pushing back the season...but for a team that won't play in the playoffs. tricky situation
bless their hearts for trying, but it's probably time for the NHL to cancel some of these 19 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back