2021 NHL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I recall the Stars board on HF went ballistic when Dallas passed on him at 12. At least Dallas got a good player at pick 12, Gurianov played a big role in Dallas' playoff run last year. But nowhere near Barzal level.
Barzal wasn't even ranked top 10 in NA Skaters, not sure on the reason. When you look at the draft there are still 4 forwards you'd choose ahead of him and they all were - McDavid, Eichel, Marner and Rantanen.

Barzal wasn't even ranked top 10 in NA Skaters, not sure on the reason. When you look at the draft there are still 4 forwards you'd choose ahead of him and they all were - McDavid, Eichel, Marner and Rantanen.

Some quality in the 2nd round too.

Aho, Hintz, Blackwood and others.

Great draft.

Great8 what was the story here?..seemed to be a sudden exit but never Knew why..

View attachment 1153302

Poles apart in contract negotiations, so far apart that they didn’t even bother continuing. Trotz offered his resignation and Capitals happily accepted. The Cup win triggered a two year-extension clause and a small pay rise.

Capitals’ offer was nowhere near coaches of similar quality. They tried to short-change him, hasn’t worked out too well for them.

Poles apart in contract negotiations, so far apart that they didn’t even bother continuing. Trotz offered his resignation and Capitals happily accepted. The Cup win triggered a two year-extension clause and a small pay rise.

Capitals’ offer was nowhere near coaches of similar quality. They tried to short-change him, hasn’t worked out too well for them.
Yep, disgraceful by management. Nickel and dimes a bloke who had just won us our first and only cup and was loved by the players.
One of the biggest mistakes in the Caps history

Surreal to see the Isles fanbase adopt calling our team the NY Saints after Cassidy's comments following Game 5 when St. Kilda is my other obsession. Worlds are colliding!

Fun fact: the Isles and St. Kilda have had a Jason Blake and a Tom Hickey on their roster in the past 20 years at the same time!

Congratulations on winning Game one. Your team is peaking at the right time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Islanders have em right where they want em

That's why I am rather cautious. Because the Islanders have been in this sitch twice already in these playoffs. Backs against the wall, no team is more dangerous than the Isles. We were quite lucky this time, they are going to be a lot more aggressive in Game 4.

Can you imagine what would happen in Victoria if one of the AFL coaches tested Covid positive??!!!!!!

Would have the whole competition shut down for weeks, as well as anyone who had been within a hundred miles of them locked away in isolation (yes I am a tad cynical....)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back