Essendon
View attachment 1159414
cover2.jpg

hold back, you dumb **** benning

Apr 7, 2010
La Capanna Restaurant.
AFL Club
Essendon
If Chicago doesn't get Keith done to the Oil, do they look further west to Benning-land?
It seems Nate Schmidt wants out, and Vancouver should absolutely dump him. he declined massively last season and whether that's systems or himself doesn't matter, as the head coach was renewed. his contract will be a noose. so that frees up 6M but you need a top 4 D back, so you can see where Keith and OEL fit in.

the problem is they both stink nowadays as well. I would rather Keith, elbow to Daniel Sedin and all, because at least his contract is only for 2 years. But there's no sign Van have checked in at all.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
I can finally watch hockey again! No Doc and No Pierre. If the GMs wanted to know where a player came from and who their junior coach was, Pierre is your guy.
Maybe they need that, building side and all. Can't put players around Brady and Chabot if you don't know who their coach was.

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
Last edited:
Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
A bit steep. If they've got the room I don't care too much about the money. They should have been able to get the Blackhawks to retain some salary though. Oilers held a bunch of the cards. He wanted out of Chicago and only had a few teams in Western Canada that he wanted to go to.

Oh well. Jones wasn't going to make it. The team looks slightly better with Keith instead of him. Obviously wanting some experience which can be valuable.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
A bit steep. If they've got the room I don't care too much about the money. They should have been able to get the Blackhawks to retain some salary though. Oilers held a bunch of the cards. He wanted out of Chicago and only had a few teams in Western Canada that he wanted to go to.

Oh well. Jones wasn't going to make it. The team looks slightly better with Keith instead of him. Obviously wanting some experience which can be valuable.
One day later and you could have got Suter for cheaper and free

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
One day later and you could have got Suter for cheaper and free
Seattle man. That's what it costs to protect Dumba.

I'm struggling to think why they did both of them. 12-14 mil cap hit from the 22-23 season to 24-25 to have two players not play for you.

I mean to be fair the Leafs have one player doing the same for a $10.9 mil cap hit until 24-25... but still.

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
Sep 2, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Avs, Spurs, ManU, Raiders, BlueJays
JULY 15: New Jersey Devils acquire defenseman Ryan Graves from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for forward Mikhail Maltsev and a second-round pick (No. 61) in the 2021 NHL Draft. | Graves traded to Devils by Avalanche for Maltsev, pick

JULY 14:
Carolina Hurricanes acquire goaltender Dylan Wells from Edmonton Oilers in exchange for future considerations. | Wells traded to Hurricanes by Oilers
Pretty much just clearing cap space to handle Grubauer, Landy, and Makar

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Pretty much just clearing cap space to handle Grubauer, Landy, and Makar
I'd wager it's more an attitude of get something for Graves before Seattle take him for nothing.
JULY 14: Carolina Hurricanes acquire goaltender Dylan Wells from Edmonton Oilers in exchange for future considerations. | Wells traded to Hurricanes by Oilers
Same with the Canes here, they need a goalie that meets exposure requirements so they can protect Nedlewhatsisface.

By the same token, I wonder if we're going to see Buffalo trading for a goalie they can protect.

Last edited:
Back