2021 NHL Season

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
just logically, unless she discovered proof of it herself, it's a bit hard to react too strongly just yet. I'm pretty sure if you were match fixing, you wouldn't be telling anyone you don't need to tell
Also we sucked so hard you can't tell which games we threw. If anyone should be investigated for betting it should be Jim Benning. Clearly has bets against Vancouver every year.

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
Also we sucked so hard you can't tell which games we threw. If anyone should be investigated for betting it should be Jim Benning. Clearly has bets against Vancouver every year.

And probably he has a history with problems with finance seeing as he filled for bankruptcy and racked up serious gambling debts, so probably par for the course* for EK.

*maybe one other reason he is distracted whilst on the rink, he's thinking about golf.

Braedesman what do you think of this?

Also: Sorry for misspelling your name Bradesmaen

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Braedesman what do you think of this?

NHL will need a bigger boat.
I don't know how true this is, but it was mentioned the insta account it was posted on was quite new. So if that's all the evidence that is out there it's pretty slim.

If it's all true then Kane is a garbage human, and the NHL are ostriches. But I'm withholding judgement.

I'm more keen to hear about the Chicago cover up.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
it's just crazy that teams still do these buyout proof deals
Ken Holland, “Hold my beer, watch what I do with Darnell Nurse.”
******* bizarre.

In fact I kinda get the Werenski thing, where the team was not wanting to lose another top level player, and they basically bought his prime years. If there's going to be a drop-off it'll likely happen after this contract.

Nurse is two years older... and really can't be bought out from year 5 onwards. The SB does make it a little more attractive to cap floor trade partners; most of the salary for a year gets paid out day one.

May 4, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
******* bizarre.

In fact I kinda get the Werenski thing, where the team was not wanting to lose another top level player, and they basically bought his prime years. If there's going to be a drop-off it'll likely happen after this contract.

Nurse is two years older... and really can't be bought out from year 5 onwards. The SB does make it a little more attractive to cap floor trade partners; most of the salary for a year gets paid out day one.

Most likely won’t be Kenny’s problem when the time comes.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Man Carolina had a bad offseason.
At the very least a weird one. You've got to assume there's an extension for KK in the bag already and the 6.1 deal is just to pry him away.

But you've got 6mil to spend on prank but won't pay Hamilton? And 6.5 mil to spend on two injury prone goalies, but can't spend 3mil on Nedeljkovic? I don't know who their third guy is but there's a decent chance he sees ice for more than a couple games.

Aug 19, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Montreal Canadiens, Golden State
At the very least a weird one. You've got to assume there's an extension for KK in the bag already and the 6.1 deal is just to pry him away.

But you've got 6mil to spend on prank but won't pay Hamilton? And 6.5 mil to spend on two injury prone goalies, but can't spend 3mil on Nedeljkovic? I don't know who their third guy is but there's a decent chance he sees ice for more than a couple games.
As a Habs fan, I'm a bit torn in seeing KK leave. That said though, paying that sort of coin on a guy who was a healthy scratch in the SC final just couldn't be justified.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
As a Habs fan, I'm a bit torn in seeing KK leave. That said though, paying that sort of coin on a guy who was a healthy scratch in the SC final just couldn't be justified.
As a neutral, I think the Habs made the right play here, but I can guarantee Bergevin the control freak wasn't happy about it.

Dvorak's a better solution for the present, given the loss of Danault. KK's a guy that might be more useful down the track that it didn't appear the coaching staff were keen on developing in the NHL.

DogsAreBarking

Team Captain
Sep 19, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Malmö RedHawks
Habs fan also, and a huge KK fan. I thought he had a lot of room for improvement but he was a character and I liked watching him. But for the team I'm ok with them not matching, he wasn't worth that contract

Back