News 2021 NMFC AGM - Wednesday, 3 March 2021 - 6pm @ Arden St.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Annual General Meeting of the North Melbourne Football Club Ltd (“the Club”) will be held at the offices of the Club, 204 – 206 Arden Street, North Melbourne, Victoria on Wednesday, 3 March 2021 at 6:00pm.

ELECTION OF OFFICE BEARERS

Director Dr Harry Unglik holds his current position as a Director of the Club on a casual basis and, in accordance with clause 10.1(g) of the Club Constitution, is eligible to hold office until the day of the Annual General Meeting. Dr Harry Unglik, being eligible, has offered himself for re-election as a Director.

In accordance with the Club’s Constitution, Mr Paul Dwyer must also retire at the 2020 Annual General Meeting. Mr Paul Dwyer, being eligible, has offered himself for re-election as a Director.

Nominations are invited for the two Director positions which become vacant on the day of the Annual General Meeting. Nominations for the two Director positions will be open for acceptance until 5:00pm on Wednesday, 20 January 2021. All nominees must be 2020 Voting Members of the Club and the nominations must also be signed by two 2020 Voting Members.

Potential nominees should be aware that due to the legal obligations imposed upon Directors and the requirements of the Constitution of the Club, it will be necessary for any new Director nominee to have their nomination considered and endorsed by the Club’s Independent Nominations Committee and to also be subjected to enquiries necessary to ensure that the Director meets the criteria for Directors as set out in the Corporations Act 2001. Pursuant to the Constitution of the Club, all nominees must also execute an acknowledgment and undertaking regarding the provision of materials to, and contact with, the Members of the Club in relation to the director election process.

Nomination Forms and further information are available by enquiry to Andrew Harris at Harris Carlson Lawyers at aharris@harriscarlson.com.au

I think Dr Harry is a great pick-up

H is an old school North man advocating for a return to the family club values that made us special.

H has been critical of board memberd only showing up in the room after wins and expects a return to a people focused club.

A very good doctor by all reports and was pro-active early last year prior to joining as a director, advising the club on certain strategies to avoid injuries in Hub life but it wasn’t acted upon I believe.

loves the club snd I hope he keeps the gig

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dr Harry yes is a decent man but we don’t need as club are people on the board are only to be yes men or yes women to certain people of the board who have there own agenda to run the club their way .
But we still need an individual or individuals to bring people with big coin that the supporters can trust and most importantly that help the supporter base to get people in seats at games as can’t talk for other North supporters I’m sick see other club supporters out numbering our supporters and allowed to sit in North areas .
We need true leadership NOW from the board which will lead into administration and playing side which will brush off onto the supporters.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's just another pliable neutral yes man.

They are filling in spots to keep the agenda on track and outsiders away.

It's no longer the member's club.

This may be the case, I wouldn’t know. But how can you be so certain? I get the whole people start on zero and Work their way to 100 thing, but surely sometimes you have to give a bloke credit who I’m guessing was largely severely underpaid by North throughout those golden years and especially during the 80’s to still be willing to give up his time for nothing approaching 70 years old.

He won’t stand for virtue signalling rubbish.

This may be the case, I wouldn’t know. But how can you be so certain? I get the whole people start on zero and Work their way to 100 thing, but surely sometimes you have to give a bloke credit who I’m guessing was largely severely underpaid by North throughout those golden years and especially during the 80’s to still be willing to give up his time for nothing approaching 70 years old.

He won’t stand for virtue signalling rubbish.

from the little I know he has been firm on his thoughts around injury issues, mental health and corporate cultural concerns - all things I think many on here would like to see improved,

He has been invited in by Ben that’s true.

He’s very old school so I should imagine he has what’s best for the club in mind.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
This may be the case, I wouldn’t know. But how can you be so certain?

I know people. He's not chosen because he's a complete yes man, he's chosen because he fits in the acceptable spectrum.

I'm not commenting about the man personally either. All reports are that he's a fine person, but being a good bloke should never be the reason for a board position.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know people. He's not chosen because he's a complete yes man, he's chosen because he fits in the acceptable spectrum.

I'm not commenting about the man personally either. All reports are that he's a fine person, but being a good bloke should never be the reason for a board position.

Reducing the games in Tas and returning to wearing our traditional jumper are the the only issues I currently have. I hope he or anyone can do something about those travesties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Can get the cynicism around board appointments but Harry is not a sock-puppet in bed with the previous regime.

What is a general practitioner, a sociologist and Peter Scanlon's kid doing on the board of the footy club, and what can they contribute to the footy club?

Are there really no better options?

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
This and flags, the two going hand in hand imo must be the key aims of the board.

I will ever only buy a Reserved Seat when the Board can guarantee I will not have to endure listening to a * fan commentate from 3 seats away.

This never gets addressed.

The other gear grind is late Sunday afternoon time slots, but when you have basically been garbage for most of 20 years wat can I expect?

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
What is a general practitioner, a sociologist and Peter Scanlon's kid doing on the board of the footy club, and what can they contribute to the footy club?

Are there really no better options?

Mate I thought you'd be aware of Harry's past and long term involvement with the club.

He isn't a random "GP" rolled onto the board to tick a box.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Mate I thought you'd be aware of Harry's past and long term involvement with the club.

He isn't a random "GP" rolled onto the board to tick a box.

I am well & truly aware of it and have mates who know him well, but a history as the club doctor doesn't automatically qualify someone as the best board option available.

I do not have the slightest doubt that the existing board are only interested in making "like minded" appointments.

The members DO NOT control the football club. 2007 was a lie.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I am well & truly aware of it and have mates who know him well, but a history as the club doctor doesn't automatically qualify someone as the best board option available.

I do not have the slightest doubt that the existing board are only interested in making "like minded" appointments.

The members DO NOT control the football club. 2007 was a lie.

I won't get into the wider governance issues, but this is a guy who is well entrenched in sports science and has involvement with Olympic teams and is/was very close to Schwass, Carey, McKernan et al. A close friend of Pagan and one of the main people who intervened when Schwass was doing it really tough.

He has very strong opinions and was is definitely not a sycophant to the way the club has handled certain matters in recent years. If you take a look at the telephone book of players who have been written off over the last decade due to poor management you might even be able to guess where his ire was directed.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I won't get into the wider governance issues, but this is a guy who is well entrenched in sports science and has involvement with Olympic teams and is/was very close to Schwass, Carey, McKernan et al. A close friend of Pagan and one of the main people who intervened when Schwass was doing it really tough.

He has very strong opinions and was is definitely not a sycophant to the way the club has handled certain matters in recent years. If you take a look at the telephone book of players who have been written off over the last decade due to poor management you might even be able to guess where his ire was directed.

This is all fluff mate.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Ok mate. Run with whatever foregone conclusion you have made then.

Okay, what about Sonja Hood? What does she bring to the table?

How about Fauntleroy Scanlon? Is he there for any other reason other than to keep daddy's 2007 agendas on track?

We can't find better people to be on the board of the football club? If that's the case then we're just treading water.

I will ever only buy a Reserved Seat when the Board can guarantee I will not have to endure listening to a * fan commentate from 3 seats away.

This never gets addressed.

The other gear grind is late Sunday afternoon time slots, but when you have basically been garbage for most of 20 years wat can I expect?

We have to become good for a sustained period to change both those things.

Which is fundamentally on the board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back