News 2021 NMFC AGM - Wednesday, 3 March 2021 - 6pm @ Arden St.

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
21/01/2021

1611228794049.png

Click

1611228872222.png

in defence of certain posters - that was the initial reporting and whispers from the club

The "reporting" was piss poor from an otherwise decent journo in Cherry who put 2 and 2 together and came with 69.

No whispers from the club i was aware of.

Indeed, Heath was asked on Twitter and was very clear the reporting was wrong.

Astounding folks are wiling to die twice on the same non existent hill.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
A fitfh Premiership is our goal ... WOW Who'd have thought that the club executive would put that on their mission statement? Funnily enough, I'll wager that Collingwood have winning their 16th at the top of their list too.

Honestly this whole thread has been about people (you people) pissing and moaning about the rights of certain individuals to be on the board. Their motives and so on. I haven't gone as far as some to lay the blame on any particular people, but I have suggested that we may have a lack of cohesion within our club's executive, and I have described the warning signs.

There's an old saying that "where there's smoke". We didn't finish nearly last, last year because our coach had personal issues. We didn't fall in a heap midway through the season the year before simply because Brad Scott alone had issues. We'd be putting our heads in the sand to think that the issue rests with the Coaches alone. That's just too damn convenient. After 11 players were told that their contracts wouldn't be renewed toward the end of the last season and the effective sacking of Ben Brown,. The media got a scent. If you want names ... The word on the streets being that Brady Rawlings and Ben Amarfio might be causing some angst and is clashing with Glenn Archer. It's also believed that Glenn Archer weilds too much influence across many departments and may have been very influential in the sacking of the last two coaches. If it's true then there are problems, Glenn is on the Board. But then, others suggest that Brady Rawlins has been deeply unhappy with the club's direction for almost twelve months. Not to mention the sacking of Carl Dilena only twelve months ago after overseeing the reconstruction and deliverance of the club from the jaws of oblivion. Is that enough turmoil for you? Or shall I turmoil you some more?

I believe that the signs are there that there are problems with the senior executive within the club. Disagree if you wish, but I believe that we are dreaming to believe that we will win a flag anytime within the next ten years with things the way that they are.

Fifth Premiership ... Pffft! If they're only going to offer up motherhood statements then at least dream big. Make our mission statement ... We are Going to Win Three More Flags by 2030, and get the whole club on board with the belief of that message.

Is this your daughter Tas

Roogal in relation to Ballarat, it wasn’t taken from us.
In the last 30 years Labour has governed Victoria for all but 1 term and that was the Baileu led liberals of 2010-11 who triumphed over John Brumbies government.

After labour lost the election the liberals told us to get ****ed regarding Ballarat and funds to redevelop the stadium, so we got into bed with Hobart as a profitable alternative.

Fast forward to 2014 and labour comes back into power, Ballarat comes back onto the agenda, we get told to stop half assing it and commit to Hobart and in come the Bulldogs with zero ******* leg work and by chance retain all their home games in Victoria.

It’s ******* bullshit, that’s what it is.
Sliding doors moment if I ever saw one.

Fingers crossed we get booted from
Hobart and look at Bendigo as an option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the last 30 years Labour has governed Victoria for all but 1 term and that was the Baileu led liberals of 2010-11 who triumphed over John Brumbies government.

After labour lost the election the liberals told us to get f’ed regarding Ballarat and funds to redevelop the stadium, so we got into bed with Hobart as a profitable alternative.

Fast forward to 2014 and labour comes back into power, Ballarat comes back onto the agenda, we get told to stop half assing it and commit to Hobart and in come the Bulldogs with zero ******* leg work and by chance retain all their home games in Victoria.

* me does that make me angry thinking about it again.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

After labour lost the election the liberals told us to get f’ed regarding Ballarat and funds to redevelop the stadium, so we got into bed with Hobart as a profitable alternative.

Pfft Bendigo

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The "reporting" was piss poor from an otherwise decent journo in Cherry who put 2 and 2 together and came with 69.

No whispers from the club i was aware of.

Indeed, Heath was asked on Twitter and was very clear the reporting was wrong.
Felt to me that the journo misinterpreted our negotiating tactics relating to the licence fee. We may have been demonstrating that the fee was too much of a financial strain in this climate by suggesting we were seeking other alternatives. He jumped to the conclusion we were out.
Would also explain why we couldn't officially rebutt the article.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
NOTHING gets close to winning when it comes to expanding the member base of a club.

Which AFL club has seen significant expansion because of any other reason?

THIS and THIS ONLY is the board's objective. EVERYTHING ELSE is self indulgent w@nkery.

Winning is the singular reason for the club to exist of course. But you don't want to do a Leeds. The board obviously needs to pay attention to the balance sheet. It is their legal obligation.

Rangers a good example as well.

Or our friends up the 59 tramline who were so all in on winning they neglected some fairly key "governance" issues.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

Good post mate but it absolves us of some responsibility too.

It was apparent when we flirted with Hobart that a Hobart-Bendigo-Docklands/Melbourne option would be at best an odd hybrid option.

Acknowledging we got stiffed by the 2010 election result still, we basically told Ballarat we enjoyed dating but didn't want to take it further.

Then some mug with a daddy with connections turned up in an arranged marriage and the rest is history.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The other point to consider in all this is that the Ballarat stadium election promise went to the voters and the government was thrown out. The new Liberal Govt had no interest in taking up the policy of their opposition, and it seemed highly unlikely that the same policy would be back on the agenda within 3 years. I mean, seriously, nobody but the most incompetent buffoon loses government after one term, so it was a reasonable assumption for NMFC to make that Ballarat was off the table for at least 6 years. With a large debt to manage, the club couldn't sit around for the better part of a decade hoping that some miracle might occur delivering them a stadium in Ballarat.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I just want to confirm once and for all who was stealing the towels.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

30 years is 1991 and there was the Kennett Era of 1992-1999

Remove this Banner Ad

Back