Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Cmon guys , let's make one final push and get past 45100.

Please buy even a flexi , Chuck it on the credit card .

How good would an article look " North breaks membership record in wooden spoon year "

Choke on that Caro and Demitrou.

P.s I am all out of some spare cash , but I have done my bit this year signed up six new members.

Crowds including ours are down across the board in this pandemic time, so memberships are the best measure of support we have. I hope this shuts up the ā€œNorth canā€™t afford to bottom outā€ talk for good - every North member knew exactly what they were signing up for this season.

Crowds including ours are down across the board in this pandemic time, so memberships are the best measure of support we have. I hope this shuts up the ā€œNorth canā€™t afford to bottom outā€ talk for good - every North member knew exactly what they were signing up for this season.

I think the vast majority of North supporters are on board and can see beyond the simplistic views of Kanes Corne, as an example, of wins and losses being the measure of where we are at the moment.

I pay up because I want those GF seats in 2024, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 and being greedyā€¦

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These are magnificent numbers buuuuutttttt 6k is from tassie.
If/when we leave tassie there will be a big loss of members.
Really need to to hit Victoria hard to build our membership- thinking country areas should be the way to go , especially areas that have been starved of footy. Do a training camp or two and see if that helps.

I buy a membership every year because I'm a Shinboner.

End of.

THIS.

Refusing to buy a membership because reasons* is the off-field version of taking short steps or not backing into a contest when it's your turn to go.

*only exception to this rule is if you need the money to put food on the table. Anything else is pure bullshit.

THIS.

Refusing to buy a membership because reasons* is the off-field version of taking short steps or not backing into a contest when it's your turn to go.

*only exception to this rule is if you need the money to put food on the table. Anything else is pure bullshit.

Exactly.

Putting yourself ahead of the club.

so memberships are the best measure of support we have

Can I say maybe to this?

I agree to a point.

however when we are giving them out for free it makes it a bit more fuzzy.

We are going to break the record for the ability to say that we broke the record.

The measures on our support are things we don't really have access too. The data that I would want to be looking at to see how we were doing would be:

- how many members do we retain (split via auto rollover and manual)
- how many members do we lose (extension would be calling them to find out why)
- how many upgrade
- how many downgrade
- how many free convert to paying memberships
- age profile of supporters
- how many attend (likely displayed over membership category + age profile)

Having more members year on year is just one goal.

- how many members do we retain (split via auto rollover and manual)
- how many members do we lose (extension would be calling them to find out why)
- how many upgrade
- how many downgrade
- how many free convert to paying memberships
- age profile of supporters
- how many attend (likely displayed over membership category + age profile)

Would be so interesting to see that data I agree. I guess there is also a risk that the drop-off in future years could be higher if the free ones don't convert, but I suppose at least if gives us the chance to convert them.

This is how I'm feeling and will be keeping my membership up...

Even the wannabe nuclear scientist in the clip sees the bright future...

Itā€™s a winning tactic. Free now, pay for ever more.
Brilliant way of bring lost members back to the footy. Even if it sparks an interest in only 10 percent of the subscribers its a win.

Also, filling the stands provides a more attractive atmosphere for fans to continue coming.

These are magnificent numbers buuuuutttttt 6k is from tassie.
If/when we leave tassie there will be a big loss of members.
Really need to to hit Victoria hard to build our membership- thinking country areas should be the way to go , especially areas that have been starved of footy. Do a training camp or two and see if that helps.

Tassie members aren't the issue. We pick up that money with greater reserved seating input in Melbourne (easily) IMO. They are a tiny input. The pure profit for turning up in Hobart is the issue we need to resolve. We don't make enough money from football and losing Hobart would mean we slowly slip off the pace of the bigger clubs again (unless they continue to further restrict soft & hard caps).

Cmon guys , let's make one final push and get past 45100.

Please buy even a flexi , Chuck it on the credit card .

How good would an article look " North breaks membership record in wooden spoon year "

Choke on that Caro and Demitrou.

P.s I am all out of some spare cash , but I have done my bit this year signed up six new members.

I do five every year - including my adult son who can GAGF next year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back