Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

No more backpacks for kids? Instead a "draw string bag". If its an actual draw string bag this is stupid. Admittedly we have a few backpacks but they always end up breaking after a few years and my kids love having North school bags in a part of the world where league is the dominant sport. Now we're gonna have to ration them....:D

I'd have loved a North backpack growing up in the 70s.

Seriously dumb decision if it means no more backpacks that can be used for school. Kids can be walking billboards and it builds their connection to the footy club.

No more backpacks for kids? Instead a "draw string bag". If its an actual draw string bag this is stupid. Admittedly we have a few backpacks but they always end up breaking after a few years and my kids love having North school bags in a part of the world where league is the dominant sport. Now we're gonna have to ration them....:D

I'd have loved a North backpack growing up in the 70s.

Seriously dumb decision if it means no more backpacks that can be used for school. Kids can be walking billboards and it builds their connection to the footy club.
Shut up and buy a backpack!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Some virtue signalling w***er who has set up shop inside the club will turn these things in to brown paper bags.........................because they know what's best for everyone.

There are a few with that logo on it.

There were 3 separate groups for kids under 10 - it catered to kids of different ages, now it seems a bit more generic, bland and corporate. There is a membership for babies and one each for under 10s and over 10s. Doesn't seem as targeted to the kids ages.

I don't give a stuff about that sort of thing for adults but its probably important to get the kids excited about it. They love it when a big package of crap arrives from the club out of the blue but they don't always like the same stuff. You could get away with just filling the backpack with stickers for anyone 2 - 5 for example. Not for kids in primary school tho.

And I don't understand why they don't stick a cheap kids footy in there. Isn't that bloody obvious?

north_lad

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There were 3 separate groups for kids under 10 - it catered to kids of different ages, now it seems a bit more generic, bland and corporate. There is a membership for babies and one each for under 10s and over 10s. Doesn't seem as targeted to the kids ages.

I don't give a stuff about that sort of thing for adults but its probably important to get the kids excited about it. They love it when a big package of crap arrives from the club out of the blue but they don't always like the same stuff. You could get away with just filling the backpack with stickers for anyone 2 - 5 for example. Not for kids in primary school tho.

And I don't understand why they don't stick a cheap kids footy in there. Isn't that bloody obvious?

You would think...

ApplecrossWC

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Better get in quick if you want to get out of their opt-in BS.

Thank you for taking the time to email the club.

With 2020 memberships launching we have been inundated with calls and emails. We will respond to your query within 5-7 business days. We appreciate your patience during this time.

However, if you want to speak to us or if the matter is urgent feel free to call Membership Services on 1300 KANGAS (1300 526 427).

Thndr

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2015
Mick Martin school of bad looks.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Speaking of walking in, myself and the son's will be in Melbourne next week for a small holiday now that Metallica have cancelled. Never been to the ground or club before so i thought we might wander over for a look. Is it like the G or can we get on the ground for a kick and have a look around?.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Speaking of walking in, myself and the son's will be in Melbourne next week for a small holiday now that Metallica have cancelled. Never been to the ground or club before so i thought we might wander over for a look. Is it like the G or can we get on the ground for a kick and have a look around?.

You could certainly get on the ground and have a kick.

If Rhyce is done tending the playing surface and the coffee cart, I suspect he’d be happy to give you a guided tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Pretty sure there is temporary fencing around the ground at the moment (certainly was 2 weeks ago) so might be worth giving the club a call to see if you can

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Keeping prying eyes off Brady?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhyce is busy working on his coffee art (and doesn’t want his IP stolen) to attract future free agents after seeing Port Power come up with the great idea of giving away free coffees with their new logo chocolate dusted on to distract their fans from the fire sale which is currently happening

Pretty sure there is temporary fencing around the ground at the moment (certainly was 2 weeks ago) so might be worth giving the club a call to see if you can

Yep, Rhyce has been preparing the ground for Summer, aerating etc.

I had an idea for us to create a new membership category by enlisting Pontings assistance.

A 5 game membership called Ricky's Roos. Marketed exclusively to the Melbourne Indian community.

The membership would seek to have Ricky teach an virtually untapped market about the game. We could be relatively selective about the games that the memberships were for. The package would include some sort of function where Ricky could do a Q&A or something.

In a saturated market this may be a way in to a customer base

Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
Ok so have just purchased our 2020 membership and have a few gripes.

We did it early as just purchased a new Mazda so thought I would get it done during the same period:
  • NMFC Mazda member offer states - and I quote - one (1) year free North Melbourne Membership OR a North Melbourne Merchandise Pack
  • We were offered a discount off the family membership or an additional membership for a friend;
  • However the discount off our family membership did not equate to the full cost of one adult membership.
  • When I queried this I was told that the deal was a 'discount' off the membership purchase price only;
  • She then tried to put me on a monthly payment which was 20% more than the annual cost.
  • I have also requested to be taken off the auto renewal as I think that this is also a rort.

The whole process just feels a bit dodgy and screams insurance policy to me, and doesn't seem to be the way a family club should deal with its members.

Ok so have just purchased our 2020 membership and have a few gripes.

We did it early as just purchased a new Mazda so thought I would get it done during the same period:
  • NMFC Mazda member offer states - and I quote - one (1) year free North Melbourne Membership OR a North Melbourne Merchandise Pack
  • We were offered a discount off the family membership or an additional membership for a friend;
  • However the discount off our family membership did not equate to the full cost of one adult membership.
  • When I queried this I was told that the deal was a 'discount' off the membership purchase price only;
  • She then tried to put me on a monthly payment which was 20% more than the annual cost.
  • I have also requested to be taken off the auto renewal as I think that this is also a rort.

The whole process just feels a bit dodgy and screams insurance policy to me, and doesn't seem to be the way a family club should deal with its members.
Surprised you're even getting your mazda thing next season tbh. I bought a new mazda last November and have to wait for the 2020 gear before I get my merchandise pack.

I had an idea for us to create a new membership category by enlisting Pontings assistance.

A 5 game membership called Ricky's Roos. Marketed exclusively to the Melbourne Indian community.

The membership would seek to have Ricky teach an virtually untapped market about the game. We could be relatively selective about the games that the memberships were for. The package would include some sort of function where Ricky could do a Q&A or something.

In a saturated market this may be a way in to a customer base
Good idea. Marketing to the Indian community is the sole reason we added orange to the Club Merch (No Joke).

The problem is, the Indian Community relate to the pathetic whining of Selwood and Ablett. They're the football equivalent of Kohli.

Back