Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

But I'd love to see the membership dollar income. Is that published for each club?
Every dollar made and spent on membership is reported every year, pretty easy to find.

As an example, for 2020 the club reported $5,829,169 in revenue and $1,924,718 in expenses on membership. Whereas for 2014, the club reported $5,830,321 in revenue and $3,013,817 in expenses on membership.

So nearly the exact same amount of money was brought in and over a million dollars less was spent last year compared to '14 when there were 1,425 more members.

The club greases the wheels by engaging local and state government, thats why we are firmly entrenched in the inner city precinct and our counterparts have moved to dingley and the airport

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly.

The Dogs literally copied us and have got Wifebasher Oval hugely upgraded.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Every dollar made and spent on membership is reported every year, pretty easy to find.

As an example, for 2020 the club reported $5,829,169 in revenue and $1,924,718 in expenses on membership. Whereas for 2014, the club reported $5,830,321 in revenue and $3,013,817 in expenses on membership.

So nearly the exact same amount of money was brought in and over a million dollars less was spent last year compared to '14 when there were 1,425 more members.
removal of member benefits and free merchandise?

Hey, if my tank fish want to buy a 3 game m'ship with their hard-earned who are you to question it ?
Fish tanks are fine Hoju but those damn evil Nespresso machines who buy them ironically I’d be watching out for

I just demonstrated it wasn't free? Difference is that now less of our membership dollars are spent on keyrings and instead more of it goes to paying KPPs.

Proud of every single member that signed up in tough times for all.

It is testament to the fact that everyone is buying into the 'process', Noble, the direction and the squad.

Next year's aim should be 50k.

Imagine not being able to say "I was a member the year they broke the record during a pandemic".

You'd have to question your loyalty to the club at that point (if you had the financial means to be a member, that is. Certainly don't begrudge anyone doing it tough under the circumstances!)

Screenshot_20210702-181533_Messenger.jpg

I think that this is a truly amazing result. Could so easily have been down in the mid 30000's after last year, the delistings and departures, now the lockdown/reduced access to games this year and our position at the foot of the ladder.

I think we are beginning to see the future though with the performances over the last few weeks, the defeats of Hawthorn and Gold Coast and the oh so near miss against the GWS. I went yesterday, not expecting us to win, but expecting/hoping to see a much better performance than earlier this year and I think I saw it.

We are not so far away and there is so much to like about what we produced and potentially what we might produce next year. Heres hoping next year we crack the 50000 member mark plus win a few more games. Great effort by everyone this year who has bought a membership. :thumbsu:

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Imagine not being able to say "I was a member the year they broke the record during a pandemic".

You'd have to question your loyalty to the club at that point (if you had the financial means to be a member, that is. Certainly don't begrudge anyone doing it tough under the circumstances!)
Couldn’t agree more Chad !
True loyal members stick fat during a rebuild , hard times & not blame recruiting staff & Or the board for decisions along the way .
Mmm ... that really reminds me of one particular knob ....who used to frequent BF ....
B3A3E474-C4F5-4BF0-9C18-590D43A91146.gif
FB8A4CE8-65EC-4637-8BB5-9AEE23117D21.gif

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Called up this morning as I have one of those memberships that allow you to bring an extra guest to sit on level 2. Was told it's not possible (?) to redeem this feature due to covid.
Surely it IS possible but ticketmaster haven't done anything about it. super frustrating.

Called up this morning as I have one of those memberships that allow you to bring an extra guest to sit on level 2. Was told it's not possible (?) to redeem this feature due to covid.
Surely it IS possible but ticketmaster haven't done anything about it. super frustrating.

It's possible to do for sure, you just have to wait for the general admission ticket window, and purchase the extra seats. You add your membership numbers and get $0 tickets for your seats, then add additional seats at your cost.

My membership came with two guest passes included, the club have basically said they wont be available for free this year. They mentioned they will roll over to next year or something, but I'm a little disappointed they couldn't figure something out this year.

Game attendances. The (sad) reality is that members paying full money and not attending games last year was financially to our good. The club owes us big time and IMO they should be thinking very f*cking long and hard about ways to reward Melbourne members - particularly reserved seat ones who would have been the biggest cash cow in this figure - for their efforts. Just to be clear NMFC, when I say reward I don't mean a s**t beanie or taking another game to Tasmania.

Game attendances. The (sad) reality is that members paying full money and not attending games last year was financially to our good. The club owes us big time and IMO they should be thinking very f*cking long and hard about ways to reward Melbourne members - particularly reserved seat ones who would have been the biggest cash cow in this figure - for their efforts. Just to be clear NMFC, when I say reward I don't mean a sh*t beanie or taking another game to Tasmania.
I'd love a beanie, or maybe a NMFC oodie.

Edit: for the kids of course.....

I'd love a beanie, or maybe a NMFC oodie.

Edit: for the kids of course.....

I'm all for a decent freebie but the figures say the club pocketed ~$2M from members paying and not turning up - a little generosity if and when the tide turns wouldn't go astray.

Back