Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

I would suggest designating a Bay on the wing Level 3 both sides. Front railing to the back row.

Level 1 behind the goals is meh

The entire Northern end of Marvel… it’s not that difficult. 2x massive blue and white ropes to designate the area and opposition fans are politely told to * off and sit in the southern section where their fans are situated.

50k gotta be the pass mark for 2022.

Amazing.

It’s 25,000 NMFC fans in the stadium, that’s the next step. Then 30,000.

It’s a pretty big leap to get to that point on a Sunday at 440, but if we are exciting and we have a 2nd KF with a bit of Razzle Dazzle, we are every chance. More opposition fans will start coming to watch us as a result ala 1993-1999.

It’s a pretty big leap to get to that point on a Sunday at 440, but if we are exciting and we have a 2nd KF with a bit of Razzle Dazzle, we are every chance. More opposition fans will start coming to watch us as a result ala 1993-1999.
Bring back barcodes on the memberships and you'll get it.

You're right on the money. 50k plus (members) is great but the critical mass for us is that every guaranteed 1k supporters through the gate for a docklands game is what matters. The every time that figure moves closer to the capacity (which is really only about mid 40's due to bullshit stadium reserved areas such as AFL, Medallion etc), every 1k closer to that figure week in week out makes reserved seating a bigger priority. Realistically we need to aim for something like a 35k minimum by say 2035.

Might struggle a bit next year I think two years in a row now with little return on memberships and now all those freebies aren't going to be able to do to a game meaning they probably less likely to renew.

Wonder what the plan is for next year? Heavily discounted reserve tickets/free upgrades again?

Might struggle a bit next year I think two years in a row now with little return on memberships and now all those freebies aren't going to be able to do to a game meaning they probably less likely to renew.

Wonder what the plan is for next year? Heavily discounted reserve tickets/free upgrades again?

Heavily discounted Raffle Tickets

My scarves arrived today! As someone who constantly voices their opinion on the quality of our members items (cough fridge magnet fixture cough) this scarf is fantastic. No ugly bright pink sponsor logo. In fact you barely notice the sponsorship logo as its sewn into the scarf and flows nicely with the design. They should be trying their best to get these things out rather than asking us to run around for them.

My scarves arrived today! As someone who constantly voices their opinion on the quality of our members items (cough fridge magnet fixture cough) this scarf is fantastic. No ugly bright pink sponsor logo. In fact you barely notice the sponsorship logo as its sewn into the scarf and flows nicely with the design. They should be trying their best to get these things out rather than asking us to run around for them.

You pay for posting ?

You pay for posting ?
No. When I mentioned them to my account manager I kind of implied that I had no intention to pay for shipping and she never asked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to continue to build the membership as I can see a reduction in members once our association with Tassie comes to an end soon.
I believe we have close to 6,000 Tassie members, so we need to get this over 50,000 to absorb any loss in membership.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

2021: We make G.F. v Richmond. Each club allocated 14,000 seats.

30% of North members get a seat.
11% of Tiger members get a seat.

And l'd put my money on the other 89% of Tiger members paid a higher price for their m'ship and no chance of getting a G.F. seat.

My bet in the current world those top 3 won't have the same numbers next year

Doesn't matter a jot to us though.

The key for us is Melbourne game attending members. We need to get that figure to around the 40k+ mark. Sucks for members pockets but that makes reserved seating at Docklands more of an issue (ie. members need to shell out to guarantee attendance at most games) and also makes games in Melbourne profitable no matter what shenanigans the AFL pull with fixturing etc. As much as the smaller crowd opponents have been a millstone for us over the years if we could get to 80% capacity almost every week from our own supporters at the ground it would actually be a big advantage for us. Financially we would make money from any game in Melbourne and from a home advantage POV it would be a bigger advantage playing 80/20 crowds against smaller teams than some of the bigger Vic teams playing 60/40 crowds against their direct counterparts.

The club fundamentally needs a plan for home member attendance minimums over the next 5, 10 & 15 years. Something like home member averages in line with the year would be a good simple goal: ie. 22k in 2022, 35k in 2035. Docklands as a home base can actually be a genuine advantage for us in a way that the MCG might take a lot longer to be for those based there - we just need to push hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back