Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm the same. And switching accounts on a mobile phone is annoying.
What if there's issues with the carrier? What if your battery goes flat?

This is another cluster fu**.
Maybe this is the deep consultation with members they are talking about. "Lets see the reaction on Bigfooty" :-D

Maybe this is the deep consultation with members they are talking about. "Lets see the reaction on Bigfooty" :-D

It will be one person voted by the members, but selected by the board, and 3 people they hired who don't even follow football.

The cultural aspects of my experience are disappearing every year. It's becoming more & more foreign to me.

I like how they inserted that old chestnut "Glenn Archer" in to the first sentence too. That's not an accident. I'm just surprised that "shinboner" wasn't prostituted again.

It will be one person voted by the members, but selected by the board, and 3 people they hired who don't even follow football.

The cultural aspects of our experience are disappearing every year. It's becoming more & more foreign to me.

I like how they inserted that old chestnut "Glenn Archer" in to the first sentence too. That's not an accident. I'm just surprised that "shinboner" wasn't prostituted again.
I didn't like the "if you're sentimental" bit. It's a footy club with a history that we look back on, of course we're bloody sentimental. A membership card is a collectors item for a little boy. He has enough water bottles and whichever god is in charge only knows how many caps he will receive over the journey. A membership card means you're a member, not just someone with a phone. Poor form.

I didn't like the "if you're sentimental" bit. It's a footy club with a history that we look back on, of course we're bloody sentimental. A membership card is a collectors item for a little boy. He has enough water bottles and whichever god is in charge only knows how many caps he will receive over the journey. A membership card means you're a member, not just someone with a phone. Poor form.

We are overseen by people who have no concept of who we are or how we feel.

We're just "clients".

We are overseen by people who have no concept of who we are or how we feel.

We're just "clients".
Sadly. Lucky my little mate likes the Storm too, they seem to be more inclusive

I'm hearing you and you're not alone.
And, like the Kangas in the 90's, they can be 15 points down with 2 minutes to go and they manage to snag a win. In fact, Storm scored 30 on the weekend .....

So whats the next upgrade from the shimma membership...l also have reserved seating on level 2...
I think you get some novelty sunglasses and a coupon for a cup of chips at our nominated Members game ..... in Hobart

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone who paid the $10 postage fee received their cap/scarf? Sent the money around a month ago, still waiting......
Our membership dept seems like it's being run out of some call centre in the Philippines. Shameful sbd shambles.

This has actually made me really kind of angry. How out of touch has the club become to think that members would buy this dribble. So I'd like them to clarify where this "deep consultation" has come from? No I don't think they can. I would say their finance department. And again how would any football club, not long after promoting the proud history of our 150 year old institution, the North Melbourne Football Club not understand that members, whether they be kids, adults, mums and dads or old campaigners not want to have a plastic membership card. We wear it like a badge, actually like a Victoria Cross medal for all the suffering, slings and arrows that we have endured for the success we all crave for.

I read a few pages back Ben Armarfio stating that "we've learned what we sort of already knew. Club membership is not transactional it has much more to do with identity communication...". Well if he did actually have any remote idea then he and the football club would understand that a membership card is exactly that and is part of the history of our club. For me it's going to games from the age of 5 with my Grandmother at Arden St. and isn't a barcode on my smart phone.

I mean come on guys. At least what about timing? We love our club and will always stand by it, no matter how cluster* things are transpiring on the field, however why would you do this, at all times now.. and with 'NO' consultation that anyone here knows about?

Just a little rant but an important one I wanted to put out there.

Okay, who here has been canvassed?

...............waits for the dormant alt. accounts and new accounts to arrive................

No more membership cards..............because "plastic".

Just who are we placating here?
There was a survey about membership that I filled out. I used it to voice my displeasure at the demise of the social club medallion. I’m looking forward to collecting email receipts as an ongoing momento.

It says this;

" the membership card is sentimental or important to you, members can opt to receive a souvenir card by calling Membership Services on 1300 526 427 after you have received your renewal notice. "

The card will be available to those who want it!

It also says for those without a smart phone there are several options.

Don't think we need to get our knickers in a twist

Okay, who here has been canvassed?

...............waits for the dormant alt. accounts and new accounts to arrive................

No more membership cards..............because "plastic".

Just who are we placating here?
I don't own a phone. Get me a card.
What if there's issues with the carrier? What if your battery goes flat?

This is another cluster fu**.
Insert your own whining little girl gif.

It says this;

" the membership card is sentimental or important to you, members can opt to receive a souvenir card by calling Membership Services on 1300 526 427 after you have received your renewal notice. "

The card will be available to those who want it!

It also says for those without a smart phone there are several options.

Don't think we need to get our knickers in a twist
It's a membership card. Sentimental, nostalgic ...... whatever, it's a something that threads together generations of family members, friends, a football club. It should be sent regardless. No thread, no connection and so on. Even my old footy club pops out a plastic card so I can flip it at whoever to say I am a member, a part of that club, same as Old Tommy who kicked 7 to win the flag in 1976, Jacko who always had a smoke on the wing after half time and Scotty, Stevo and Hammer who roomed with me on the trip away all through the noughties. Keep your hat, your water bottle, poxy stickers, give us a membership card.

Bunch of whingers this board has become
No not at all. I haven't whinged at the performances going out onto the park this year. I know where we're at.

This might be a small thing but it's important to the club's identity and those who love the club. The club is clearly hoping that the majority of the members can't be arsed in calling up and asking for a 'sentimental' card. The very idea of calling it sentimental is so utterly and completely patronising.

Again where was the 'deep consultation'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back