Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno about the "North people" comment but I don't see the point in either side attacking each other. I don't even know what a North person is short of being born into a North family. We "make" North people and always have, top to bottom. Look at Eugene Arocca, wasn't a North person but left one. If anything we need North people being the ones casting the net on just getting the right people.

I dunno about the "North people" comment but I don't see the point in either side attacking each other. I don't even know what a North person is short of being born into a North family. We "make" North people and always have, top to bottom. Look at Eugene Arocca, wasn't a North person but left one. If anything we need North people being the ones casting the net on just getting the right people.

I was referring to the "shinboner stands for social diversity" twits who only fake a passing interest in the club whilst they're on the payroll.

This is a political indulgence that we can't afford. Piss them all off.

It's time we became alpha again.

While I’m yet to receive my membership pack it sounds like the club has addressed many of the issues from last year.

I reckon there was a split between people who didn’t want any poorly made crap and those that didn’t like the disappearing merchandise. Letting you select is the a good solution.

It also sounds like they will be posted out promptly this year.

I assume with away games at the G the replacement seats will be pretty good.

I reckon they are going alright.

Replacement games at the G will be cool because I can go sit in a row with three other people at the top of the Olympic Stand and not have to listen to the running opposition commentary that always befalls me when I attend the Marvel ground

Cats always land on their feet.
Toast always lands jam side down.
Paradox is strapping a piece of toast, jam side up, to the back of a cat, then dropping it.

We ran a car for 12000 kms using that very method once.

Does anyone know how to update card details for membership online? Surely there must be a way. Every time I call the membership department either the line is engaged or I'm on hold for 5 minutes.

Does anyone know how to update card details for membership online? Surely there must be a way. Every time I call the membership department either the line is engaged or I'm on hold for 5 minutes.
Go to nmfc.membership.com.au
Go to My Account
Update Credit Card details

1572832859615.png

I've already done so but I'm yet to receive confirmation of renewal and keep getting emails about it. Maybe it'll just take time to register.
You may need to give them a buzz.

It's pretty frustrating to see opposition clubs continually break membership records year after year, yet we are stuck in this limbo of 40-45,000 members every year.

It's pretty frustrating to see opposition clubs continually break membership records year after year, yet we are stuck in this limbo of 40-45,000 members every year.
I couldn't give a flying * what other clubs do but I do care about North.

Since 2007 we've effectively doubled our membership while the AFL has hobbled us with their corrupted fixture and while Hobart has been great for us it's taken from the value Melbourne based members receive. We've done rather well to get to where we are now.

The challenge is how we manage things from here. Better results will see some improvement in fixturing and a hard arse CEO may help there too.

The other challenge is managing the transition out of Hobart. If we see more on field success that will go a long way to easing the financial hit.

I couldn't give a flying fu** what other clubs do but I do care about North.

Since 2007 we've effectively doubled our membership while the AFL has hobbled us with their corrupted fixture and while Hobart has been great for us it's taken from the value Melbourne based members receive. We've done rather well to get to where we are now.

The challenge is how we manage things from here. Better results will see some improvement in fixturing and a hard arse CEO may help there too.

The other challenge is managing the transition out of Hobart. If we see more on field success that will go a long way to easing the financial hit.
It’s always a bit of a chicken vs egg scenario with the AFL fixtures. I suspect we would need sustained success to get them to actually change our lot substantially. Even on the back of making prelims under Brad I reckon we got pretty ordinary draws.

It’s always a bit of a chicken vs egg scenario with the AFL fixtures. I suspect we would need sustained success to get them to actually change our lot substantially. Even on the back of making prelims under Brad I reckon we got pretty ordinary draws.
The fixtures are all about money and TV ratings. If we show we can play good footy consistently that will help our fixturing at present it's easy to brush us aside as just another middle of the road team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fixtures are all about money and TV ratings. If we show we can play good footy consistently that will help our fixturing at present it's easy to brush us aside as just another middle of the road team.
Good footy is a start but they would still trot out excuses and give us 10 Sunday’s. We need to play good footy for about 3 years and start to fill the grounds. A CEO who called out their bullshit would help.

I can't remember how many of our members hail from Tasmania. But I worry that, when we revert to playing all out games in Melbourne, that we'll lose our Tasmanian members and that our membership will drop back to 40,000 or thereabouts.

I can't remember how many of our members hail from Tasmania. But I worry that, when we revert to playing all out games in Melbourne, that we'll lose our Tasmanian members and that our membership will drop back to 40,000 or thereabouts.
I wouldn't worry too much. I know 8 members who have downgraded from the Archers Membership to 3 game membership because of the 4 games in Tassie. If we become a Melbourne team again we will buy the higher level membership. We wouldn't be on our Pat Malone, the Clubs revenue from membership must have taken a hit with last years decision to dud members.

Having received my membership renewal letter on Friday, thought it had gone up a bit, (Schimma Platinum with reserved seat for home games/ Concession).

Today i went to Ticketmaster via the club website membership link to check, not counting the (? voluntary) $40 debt reduction component, the actual price shown is $10 cheaper than my letter quotes, weird. I am going to ring club to (hopefully) find out why the anomaly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back